Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Machines decides to disjoin our domain by itself. by BillVAS
We are using Vista Ultimate,on a Windows 2003 Server Domain. For some reason the machine disjoins from the domain completely, could this be a activation problem?
June 6th 08 06:39 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_5_] Go to last post
2 372
RC2 AERO FIX by PaulB
Hi all, I found information on another site that I would like to pass along. They say that RC2 has a problem with enabling AERO when RAM is less that 1GB. They found a work around. 1/ Ensure that you have the following registry value set to : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\Composition set to 1 (32-bit DWORD)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 6th 08 06:32 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_5_] Go to last post
21 931
programme not responding causes system problems by seb_hendry
hi, i have a brand new laptop (7 dyas old) it is a asus, 2 gig ram, 1.9 amd duel . . . came with latest vista.. i am having a problem wich is becomming more and more regular. i will be using a programme or as i start up a programe the programme will not repond and need to be closed. However even though the programme has disappeared it still remains running in windows task manager. i cannot...
June 6th 08 06:31 PM
by seb_hendry Go to last post
0 353
Vista Wins Again ! by Kurt Herman
Vista is Great..... 11,600,000 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vista+great&btnG=Google+Search Kurt
June 6th 08 06:18 PM
by Kurt Herman Go to last post
0 362
Vista Wins Again ! by Movin-onward
All research requires proof that the interpreter view all sides of the 'issue,' all facets of the multi-faceted 'gem' of studies/research ... What is on the 'other side?' Weren't the respondents "a pre-select group"??? "Big_Al" wrote in message news:oXe2k.1957$MF3.1735@trnddc06... wrote: Google search:
June 6th 08 06:18 PM
by Movin-onward Go to last post
0 432
Disable WILAN by Trish
Hi, I have a new laptop running Vista Home Premium. Whenever I log on and the start up runs, I get this note at the bottom right, just above the system tray, saying WILAN is on. I want to disable it, but there is no icon in the system tray. How can I disable this? I used to run XP on my last laptop and had disabled this without any problem. Many thanks. -- Trish
June 6th 08 05:32 PM
by solon fox Go to last post
4 388
microsoft sql server 2005 express edition service pack 2 install failure by seth69
when i try to install the service pack 2 through windows update it shows a error saying "Hotfix installer has stopped working. A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" On the windows update it says: Failed: 1 update Error(s) found: Code FF
June 6th 08 05:31 PM
by Shawn Skonberg Go to last post
1 342
Can't reinstall Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14 by Charlottesville
Trend Micro came installed on my computer and then stopped working. I uninstalled it and have since been unable to reinstall. I have a backup disk as well as after contacting Trend Micro for assistance I have the PCC14 in a desktop folder. When I attempt to install I get welcome to the Setup Wizard and click next. I immediately get a window stating Setup Interrupted and have to click...
June 6th 08 05:20 PM
by Charlottesville Go to last post
4 357
Compressed files/folders by DebM448
After compressing files/folders,can the original file/folder be deleted safely ?
June 6th 08 05:19 PM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
3 331
ANN: I Decided 2 Return 2 Windows Server 2008 After All, Just FYI. by kevpan815
ANN: I Decided 2 Return 2 Windows Server 2008 After All, Just FYI.
2 315
photoscreensaver.scr command line parameters by Rick Lipkin
To All I manage about 400 people for State gov and I wish to use the photoscreensaver.scr as the default screensaver. The only problem with that is that if there are no pictures in the \pictures folder .. the screen saver kicks in with a 'no pictures found' .. Is there a command line parameter I can pass that will tell the photoscreensaver to look in the users\pictures\samples pictures...
June 6th 08 05:07 PM
by scarneol Go to last post
3 304
Hard drives by Bob H[_4_]
I have hard drives from both Win 98 SE and XP machines. I currently use a system with Vista 32. Is it possible to hook up these drives to my Vista machine and transfer the data to the Vista drive?
June 6th 08 04:59 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
8 375
Austrians give the gate to Linux by Moshe Goldfarb.
On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:52:10 -0400, amicus_curious wrote: http://futurezone.orf.at/it/stories/282671/ Sprechen Sie Deutsch? "In a setback for the City of Vienna's three-year-old open-source migration programme, city authorities decided on Wednesday to scrap most of the systems that have so far adopted the city's custom-built Linux distribution, instead approving an ?8m...
June 6th 08 04:56 PM
by Moshe Goldfarb. Go to last post
0 331
Adam Albright Spewing Garbage Again, Just FYI by Spanky deMonkey
Sewage treatment, or domestic Adam Albright treatment, is the process of removing contaminants from vista.general, both runoff (effluents) and domestic. It includes written and thoughts to remove physical, written and scribbled contaminants. Its objective is to produce a waste stream (or treated effluent) and a solid waste or sludge suitable for discharge or reuse back into the environment....
June 6th 08 04:50 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 350
Dual monitor desktop? by CalypsoArt[_7_]
I use dual monitors. My laptop at home and the laptop and a 24" at work. Every time I disconnect from the work monitor my desktop defaults back to the laptop. (as it should) However, when reconnected to the 24" I have to re-configure my desktops. Is their some way in vista to save two separate Desktop profiles? Is there some vista compatible 3rd party software that can do it? thanks.
June 6th 08 04:43 PM
by solon fox Go to last post
4 355
Vista Snipping tool by Meebers[_2_]
Reading the latest Computer Shopper, one of the tips was using the Vista snipping tool. The article says it is in the accessories folder on the start menu. For the life of me, I can not see it. How do I make it show up? TIA
June 6th 08 04:15 PM
by solon fox Go to last post
7 412
[News] GNU/Linux Gives a Lot More Than What You Pay For by Canuck57
Or they could buy a Eee PC (Linux) and it all works. ASUS is far ahead of the curve on Linux support. That Lenovo PC probably has a Broadcom wireless chipset. They will not release the code for Linux even though the reference kit for it is Linux. Go figure, as this is not news in the Linux circle. But the anti-Linux OEMs are getting squashed. Back when XP was 16 months old, it would have...
June 6th 08 04:09 PM
by Canuck57 Go to last post
0 320
I want favorites to appear in Windows Explorer again - my offline by DB Dev
I used Favorites alot in Windows explorer (not IE). It saved me huge amounts of navigation time. It is really rotten that it is not available. As a matter of fact, the whole hidden navigation, lack of easily viewable menus only slows me down and makes working with Windows Vista very, very, frustrating. At least put offline Favorites back in Windows Explorer. Favorites should not just be an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 08 04:03 PM
by Dan Mercer Go to last post
11 569
Startuprepairv2 by Marc
We have a laptop with Vista as the OS, When we try to start the computer it runs the start up repair. It doesn't find the error and says it can't fix it. I've tried safe mode, booting it from CD and either allows Vista to boot. Any idea how to fix this error without wiping the entire computer out?
June 6th 08 03:45 PM
by Ron G. Go to last post
2 347
Vista boot fallback by bigbird007
After installing Vista Ultimate w/sp1 on my MacPro, the normal start up was to be presented with the choose the OS screen which included Vista Ultimate and also Vista Business (recovered). I have no idea where Vista Business came from, it was a clean install. My problem is that all of a sudden I don't get the choose the OS screen and it goes into fall back. It does finally boot and the...
June 6th 08 03:40 PM
by andy Go to last post

From The