Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Dial Up Connection? by Randy
My dial up connection seeming pops up for no reason. Is there a log I can check or a program that will tell me what is opening up my dial up connection? It does not connect to the internet, it just pops up if I leave my computer on any length of time. Thanks for any help or pointing me in the right direction.....................
June 5th 08 07:42 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
1 349
Complete computer backup in Vista by PM Guy
I run Vista Home Premium and have been informed that it has built in backup capability to make a 'dic image' of my entire computer similar to what "Ghost" does. however, I cannot locate the starting point which I was told is under the 'system and maintenance' heading in Control Panel. in my control panel there is no such system and maintenance setting. will appreciate any advise.
June 5th 08 07:31 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
9 464
Dynamic disks suddenly offline in Windows Vista (can't reactivate) by SoMoney
Hi all first post and believe it or not. After much searching I cant believe how little information there is available regarding recovering from Windows Vista Dynamic disk offline invalid state. aside from those money (free trial, just give us your email & credit card) whores over at experts-exchange.com ofcorse but thats another rant I'll save for a later date. The STORY: I have a very...
June 5th 08 07:08 PM
by SoMoney Go to last post
1 315
Add Network Location. IE x86 and IE x64. Settings in Guest account. by Dima[_2_]
Hello! 1. Windows Vista x64 shows an error message "Add Network Location The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another." after clicking Next in "Specify the location of your website Type the address of the website, FTP site, or network location that this shortcut will open" window. The folder is http://files.akado.ru/slide/files/51796441/home/ I can add the Network...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 5th 08 07:00 PM
by Don Klokkenga Go to last post
21 873
Vista Task Manager by Jim[_38_]
My Task Manager does not display the tabs at the top of the window, i.e., Applications, Processors, Services, Performance, Networking, and Users. It opens in the Processor mode. I have tried restoration without success. I am unable to close it without shutting off the computer? What can be done to get me back to a normal functioning Task Manager? -- J Mann
June 5th 08 06:13 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 337
downloading file causes unending flashing screen by reilly
When I go to open a zip file that has just been downloaded, I sometimes run into a flashing screen. It seems to continue to try to open the file, but cannot. I have no choice but to turn off and restart. The screen flashes so quickly that I cannot even close the application. These are not corrupted files. They are coming from recognized websites that others have been ableto down load...
June 5th 08 05:54 PM
by reilly Go to last post
0 319
Windows Vista Explorer has a unsorted option??? by Raybo
In details view of files, you can drag a file up or down the list, and explorer deselects sorts and you get an unsorted list. This feature is very annoying, as right button dragging to a folder and selecting move will also deselect sorts as well. This is something I do all day long, and I have to click the name header to re-activate sorts after every file I move or copy. Why does explorer...
June 5th 08 05:44 PM
by Raybo Go to last post
4 355
Down Memory Lane by Adam Albright
I thought it would be fun to revisit one of my first posts to this newsgroup back in February of 2007. It rang true then, it even rings more true now. Here it is: The main problem with ALL Microsoft "support" groups is they are infested with way too many Microsoft butt kissers (ie MVP's) that simply seem unable to give objective advice and generally color their comments to favor Microsoft...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 5th 08 05:22 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
20 818
UK (English) spelling for Windows Live Mail by Billericay Pete
I cannot find out how to enable UK English (as opposed to US English) spell checker for Windows Live Mail - can anyone help please. Thanks in advance Pete
June 5th 08 04:27 PM
by Billericay Pete Go to last post
5 324
Tab icons are not the same as Favorites. by W. Kirk Crawford
Greetings, I have noticed again something happing with the icons on the Tabs for Internet Explorer 7.0.6... Using Vista Ultimate with SP1. It appears on mostly Google links. I have even slammed/reloaded Windows. The icons in Favorites appear correct. Also, this laptop, Toshiba Qosmio, is acting different since the last slam. Everything was fine for about a month but then the laptop doesn't...
June 5th 08 03:56 PM
by Mark L. Ferguson Go to last post
1 276
User has a problem posting to Yahoo Groups with Vista by [email protected]
I keep getting emails from a non-computer literate person I know who has Vista on their machine and cannot post to Yahoo groups when she could before using Windows XP.. Any list of " How To's " out there to
June 5th 08 03:41 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 320
Sound Recorder is not saving in WAV file format in Vista by chandra
hi All, Does any one know how to record an audio file in the format of WAV with Vista? -- chandra Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
June 5th 08 03:26 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 301
Window Installer pops up to install blutooth software by NeilA
Window installer(Vista Home Premium) pops up and tries to install the widcomm bluetooth software ver.6.0.1.3100 but this is already installed and working. By software does it mean drivers, I downloaded the drivers from broadcom but they were not compatible Any suggestions Thanks
June 5th 08 01:31 PM
by NeilA Go to last post
2 357
Vista SP1 Killed My New PC by Frustrated
Hi, I just got a new Dell Inspiron 530 (Intel Core2 Duo processor E8200) on Friday, with Windows Vista Home Premium on it. I spent the weekend setting up the PC and exploring Vista (it's the first time I've used it). Everything was working fine until Tuesday morning, when the automatic updates applied SP1. I left the PC on when I went to work as it was installing update 1 of 3 for...
June 5th 08 01:01 PM
by Frustrated Go to last post
8 345
How to Remove Hindi Language Interface Packs from Windows Vista_Ul by Prem Soni
Dear All, Pls let me know how can i uninstall Hindi Language Interface Packs from my Windows Vista x84 Ultimate Edition. I haven't find any option in Controll Panel\Programe and Feture. Thnaks Prem Soni
June 5th 08 12:19 PM
by Prem Soni Go to last post
0 327
Stock gadget by Pete
I'm trying to add the Swedish stock Ericsson (ERIC B) for my stock gadget. Can't find it anywhere. Suggestions?
June 5th 08 11:47 AM
by Pete Go to last post
0 332
My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop! by Bill
I have 2 Dell XPS desktop PC's, both with duo 2.66 processors, 240 GB hard drives, and running Vista Home Premium. When going into Control Panel | Power Options, one of the PC's is showing all the sleep options for a battery powered laptop, and that's a LOT of options! I've attempted to set them all so that neither the PC nor any of its peripherals ever go into sleep mode, but periodically it...
June 5th 08 10:56 AM
by wysiwyg Go to last post
7 337
new web cam by alexanderd
i am just about to buy a web cam, how do i contact my friends without nowing if they have a web cam. so i can make them a buddy? -- alexanderd
June 5th 08 10:49 AM
by Amerikus Go to last post
5 381
Vista SP1 / IE7 or IE8beta - Webpages not accepting Passwords by No Name
I have been using Vista for some time now and I am exceptionally happy with it, however recently one of my machines has developted a odd problem. When I visit a website that uses java for password authentication, it always fails even if I give it the know good password. I've installed IE8 beta wondering if it would help with no change; in the end I have to use firefox for these two websites...
June 5th 08 10:26 AM
by Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT] Go to last post
3 424
Gadget Side Bar and Minimizing by Greg
Is there a setting so the gadget side bar doesn't minimize when I select the minimize icon in the quick launch area?
June 5th 08 10:11 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post

From The