directx by chad
i recently have had problems with the direct x and my games running slow. All of the features of direct x are not available. when i run a game like mine sweeper it states it is running in software rendering mode and the hardware accelleration is disabled or video card driver does not support it. How can i fix this?
November 18th 07 10:02 AM
by Sylver_51 Go to last post
2 262
Speech recognition by PathLab
When setting up a mic for Vista's speech recognition I continually get the warning that the quality is not very good. I have tried a couple of different mics, one through a jack and on using bluetooth (Jabra BT200) but both give me the same message. Can anyone recommend a good headset?
November 18th 07 08:18 AM
by PathLab Go to last post
0 109
vista driver request by Steven Wabik
i have older devices and some newer ones and the drivers for these devives are not included in vista. is there any way to contact microsoft to request that they native support for these devices. i do not want to have to insert my driver CD for when i install my hardware device. there was an option for this for beta testers of windows vista beta 1 and beta 2, but they have not seemed to have...
November 18th 07 04:31 AM
by Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] Go to last post
3 138
CD-RW drive doesn't work by SimRacer
I just installed Vista Ultimate X64 on my computer, this was a clean install and all appeared to be working correctly. The computer has two optical drives #1 DVD-RW and #2 CD-RW. The #1 dvd drive works fine. The Optorite CD-RW drive is listed in the Device Manager and shows in My Computer. If I insert any disk in the CD-RW drive it scans the disk for a few seconds and stops. You can not get...
November 18th 07 01:08 AM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
8 162
Can this hard drive be saved? by Bob Feduniak
My HD crashed (running Vista Ultimate). The screen tells me it has several bad sectors. It won't boot, and my other machine won't recognize it when I attach it via USB as an external HD. I'm quite sure the files are intact, but all the basic approaches ("last good configuration," "safe mode," etc. have failed). Could anyone suggest something worth trying before I send the drive out to a...
November 17th 07 11:58 PM
by Bob Feduniak Go to last post
5 146
Gaming issues by BCurrey
I just bought a new laptop with Vista, and I'm having trouble with compatibility issues for a couple games. I've searched and searched, and can't figure out if they will work at all or if there just a patch or something I need. Can someone help me? Thanks! The games are Command & Conquer:Generals, and Tropico.
November 17th 07 07:43 PM
by BCurrey Go to last post
0 164
free space by matt
I just reinstalled my OS because best buy said that is what i need to do to get my speakers working. Before i get off track, After installing vista i firefox, and windows live messenger and i have only 17.7 gb left out of 83.3. How is this possible before i reloaded a fresh copy of vista i had a bunch of programs on here and 13gb of music and I was running fine with plenty of free space....
November 17th 07 07:25 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
3 105
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 Driver by XeroMan
Following my initial setup of Vista an optional video driver appeared in the automatic update. I installed it and upon restart my computer would not make it past POST. I tried booting from the Vista disc, then the system repair and finally the system restore. Nothing worked. I had to do a fresh install of everything. Is this normal? I want to update the video drivers obviously, but at the...
November 17th 07 07:14 PM
by XeroMan Go to last post
3 145
Mouse by Rick[_7_]
I am still having trouble with my mouse freezing up when I move it to bring my HPm9040n out of sleep mode. Mouse is a HP mg-0637T. I went into my mouse properties and see two mouse icons. Both called HID-Compliant mouse. A while back I disabled one. Didn't help. In properties one says Location: on Microsoft eHome infrared Transceiver the other says Location: USB Interface device I have a...
November 17th 07 05:39 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
1 303
defender by Lisa
My question is can you restore a program that you've denied access? I denied a program called PXhelp20.sys and now my dvd/cd drive wont work.
November 17th 07 01:00 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 174
Windows Experiance Index by Rick[_7_]
I bought an hp Pavilion m9040n with a w2207 monitor with Vista Aero and Nvidia GeForce 8400GS (256MB) installed. In my Windows Experience index shows my graphics at 3.5 and my gaming graphics at 4.3. The other 3 are in the high 5's. What can be done to improve these scores for graphics? Add memory to my Nvidia card (is that possible) add memory to my motherboard (it all ready has 3GB) or replace...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 17th 07 12:36 PM
by Rick[_7_] Go to last post
15 192
Found new HW fails to check WIN\system32 folder by ash3678
Whenever I install any hardware, the Found New Hardware wizard pops up and does not autmatically check the Windows\System32 folder. The drivers are there and if I direct the wizard to check the folder, the drivers are found and installed correctly. Is there a way to get the wizard to automatically check Windows\System32 on it's own ???
November 16th 07 11:55 PM
by ash3678 Go to last post
0 110
How to configure 6.1 speakers at soundmax integrated digital hd au by danilodn
At the speaker system configuration there is only 5.1 and 7.1 options. In both options the rear center speaker doesnt play as the these options doesnt use this speaker. The soundmax is integrated in asus M2n32-sli board.
November 16th 07 11:31 PM
by danilodn Go to last post
0 95
Radioshark Driver for Vista? by Tracy
I recently bought a HP pc with pre-installed VISTA premium, I found My Radioshark (from Griffin) is not working, Seems the company hasn't developed (or are they gonna?) the driver for vista yet, wonder how long I will have to wait?. Thanks Tracy from Toronto.
November 16th 07 09:19 PM
by jerricho Go to last post
2 114
win Vista and nvidia 7900gt card problems by john
Hi i know there was a similar post about this issue but doesnt seem to have been anwsered. Jist hoping spmebpdy has found a work around ? when vista boots up to the desktop screen goes garbled have to send comp into sleep mode blindly, bring it back out switch users and log back in and everything is fine untill i try to play Halo2 when the game starts i get the same screen, i have resently...
November 16th 07 06:56 PM
by john Go to last post
0 100
Type Of Graphics Card to Purchase by Ben Ramsay
I am wondering what type of graphics card to purchase for my system. I have a NEC L1040 with windows Vista Home Basic. Also What the heck is PCIe, I have never heard of this type of port on a system, i know about agp and PCI but not PCIe. I am submitting that I have tried to insert a Savage 4 & a winfast a18 DDR card into the slot but the don't fit so i am assuming that AGP is not the form...
November 16th 07 05:54 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 97
Tekram 210 IR Mate by blonde
I cannot install this device, I keep getting code 43. tried everything? I used it before I upgraded to Vista, I need it to transfer information from a glucose meter,it was supplied by Roche to use with their 'Compass' system
November 16th 07 05:48 PM
by blonde Go to last post
0 116
Intellipoint Mouse question by ClooLess
I've been trying to plug in a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse into my new Vista equipped laptop, but it doesn't appear to be working, the cursor won't budge using the mouse, but is fine with the touchpad. There is Mouse software included with the Vista OS, is it not compatible with the Intellimouse? Should I install the Intellimouse software? and if so, what should I do about the Mouse...
November 16th 07 03:13 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
3 126
AGFA Snapscan scanner. by George Smith
Hi, I have an AGFA Snapscan e40 scanner. I cannot seem to find any drivers for this scanner which work with Vista. Has anybody managed to find any? Thanks. George.
November 16th 07 01:56 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 100
CD/DVD burns slowly by Tom Parke
I have installed Vista Ultiamte and a new Hard disk and I trying to use only windows Vista drivers. I can write files to the CD, however it takes 21 minutes (by vista's calculation and 24 minutes if watch the clock) to format a CD-RW. Under XP Pro it used to take about 2 minutes to copy files to a new CD. Any suggestions on how to improve the time it takes or using other 3rd party such...
November 16th 07 01:52 PM
by Alvin Paul L. Azurin (www.azurin.org) Go to last post

From The