HD cable to floppy? by Anthony Marsh
My new computer did not come with any floppy drive and I never see any need to install one since nothing done on floppies is not now done on CD. So, I wonder if I can use that 34 pin connection on the motherboard for something else. Does anyone know of an adapter cable to connect a hard drive to the floppy socket? Any other types of drives like ZIP that can connect where the floppy drive...
November 14th 07 07:28 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
3 146
CD/DVD Drive Problems by Alice
Hi, I'm running Vista Ultimate. I am having problems with the Default DVD player. I have a cd drive on "D" and a dvd/cd drive on "E" . I don't know how it happened but Vista thinks that the CD drive is the Default. In XP the dvd drive was Default. How to I get Vista to recognize my "E" drive as Default? Sorry if this sounds confusing! Thanks in advance, Alice
November 14th 07 06:49 PM
by Robyn Go to last post
1 161
Windows Media CTR IR Remote control by bcthornburg
About a week ago my remote control stopped working. I'm able to turn the PC on/off with it but no other functions work. I've tried a number of solutions including a full system restore at HP's request but no success. Device manager shows an unknown device with no drivers installed. What happened? Any suggestions? Thanks.
November 14th 07 05:51 PM
by bcthornburg Go to last post
0 120
Another Epson Product that works! Epson Perfection 1660 by Bobmitmen
All one needs to is make sure that you: 1. Use Twain 5.71A from the Epson Website 2. Download all the latest updates for Epson Smart Panel Everything works. Install as though you were using Windows XP. You might get a pop up asking if the software installed properly...check! It should work...I have been scanning for two days Bob
November 14th 07 05:12 PM
by xeel Go to last post
4 161
Please help!!! by Laura
I have run various trusted antivirus programmes aswell as the windows help. The problem report has come back as having a hard disc drive error, but we have not used the disc drive? does anyone no how we can stp the msg from coming up? -- * Laura *
November 14th 07 05:11 PM
by David B.[_2_] Go to last post
1 116
USB Flash Driver by sumit wani
I have recently upgraded my OS from win XP to Vista (32 bit) Since then i am not able to use USB Flash drive. It appears the USB Mass Storage Driver is having problem. When i see system information it shows usbstor as stopped. Can any bady please help?
November 14th 07 04:58 PM
by sumit wani Go to last post
0 113
Non-existant keyboard? by 4everyoung_1949
Hi! My Device Manager, as well as Gametap gamming site, shows two keyboards on my system. I only have one keyboard, logitech wireless mx3200 keyboard and mouse. Device Manager shows two idenical usb keyboards, can I like uninstall one driver on one to solve the problem. Two keyboards are interfering with gamming. -- Steve
November 14th 07 04:42 PM
by David B.[_2_] Go to last post
1 119
Problems with WiFi and S/W on refurb notebook with 64-bit Vista by Stratum
I recently purchased a refurbished HP Pavilion dv9000 (RP250UA#ABA) notebook computer from eCost.com with 64-bit Vista Ultimate on it. I am experiencing several problems both hardware and software related, and would like to know if others are experiencing similar issues and if they were able to solve the problem(s). Problem #1 ==========
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 07 03:12 PM
by Brian Go to last post
14 203
lightscribe issues was working untill installed your updates by Meril Mitchell /904-619-0560
i have a ASUS DRW-1814BLT and a asus motherboars kn-e delux socket 754 runing 64bit vista what a mistake thats been. how ever since your great update you realesed that was fault i have not been able to get my lightscribe back running would be nice if you could fix your errors and maybe do as peomised make vista all you promised not one mistake after another was better of with illrga...
November 14th 07 11:23 AM
by Peter Go to last post
2 141
Wireless card off on startup? by carnelain
Hi all, I was wondering is there a registry key that turns on my wireless network card? I would like to have it in the off position on boot. When I boot my laptop it is on on default. I was hoping to do the same trick I did with the numlock key. This was done by changing the value of the following registry key to 2: HKEY USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators Any...
November 14th 07 11:00 AM
by carnelain Go to last post
9 130
ups battery systems-- by ultimate d rich
in vista ultimate, when system boots, and i look at taskmanager, i see that mainserve (the battery software) is using 60% of cpu cycles and 30 %of memory can't figure out why i find myself shutting off the connection between the battery and the system to reduce cpu load ..running vista ultimate, 1.6 ghz athalon, 1.5 gig memory (help) -- dandy richardson
November 14th 07 09:06 AM
by Peter Lawton[_2_] Go to last post
4 124
OBEX SyncLM Bluetooth Profile - Bluetooth Peripheral Device not f by kalil
I am trying to connect my mobile phone to my Vista Buisness computer using Bluetooth. The phone supports OBEX SyncLM, so synchronization and file transfer should be a breeze. Empahsis on should. When I try to enable the OBEX SyncLM client profile Vista tries to locate drivers for a Bluetooth Peripheral Device and fails. This works like a charm on my XP SP2 computer. Any ideas?
November 14th 07 08:55 AM
by kalil Go to last post
0 107
Usb floppy driver by treeman_mike
I have a Iomega usb floppy drive. Iomega says that windows vista should have a driver for it. Quess what, no driver. How do I get drivers for this? Iomega has none. Thanks
November 14th 07 08:16 AM
by Andy Go to last post
3 131
WinTV-HVR-1800 AND NEW VISTA COMPUTER by Holly
I just got this computer saturday. The supposrt page that I was going to us to email says my product ID is invalid...oh well. What my issue is that Media center does not recognize this card. I have downloaded from hauppauge there software WinTV and it works great so I know the card is working and installed correctly. How do I get Media Center to recognize it???
November 14th 07 03:34 AM
by ultimate d rich Go to last post
6 128
a DMA PCI Device Driver doesn't work in Vista x64 + more 4GRAM platform!! by Leon Huang
Hi I writed a BDA driver for a PCI TV card device,I found that my driver can work well on Vista32/XP32/XPx64 + 4GRAM platform, and work well on Vista x64 + less than 4G RAM, but can't work on Vista x64 + 4G RAM, this problem make me confused. I guess that this problem maybe result from the DMA addressing in Vista x64, or MS change the DMA addressing in Vista x64 after XP x64,so,the DMA...
November 14th 07 01:19 AM
by Leon Huang Go to last post
9 211
syncing a mobile device by tazzytalia669
I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have a computer running ms vista. I recently had to delete my axim(pda) partnership from the device center and re partner, however since my device was partnered before it keeps changing the device id and it enters a new name under device name. I sync with 2 computers, both work and home, so i need the device id name to stay the...
November 14th 07 12:44 AM
by tazzytalia669 Go to last post
0 108
HP 7400C scanner by Paul
Running Vista Ultimate Installed just-released HP driver for 7400C scanner Initally tests OK under Control Panel, Camera and Scanner Imaging Control Panel Trying to scan using Windows Fax and Scan. Recognizes scanner, starts new scan then locks up half way through.
November 14th 07 12:43 AM
by Dick Miller Go to last post
5 132
My cursor reverts back to basic settings by Robertson
When I change my cursor to one I have downloaded it reverts back to the orginal one after I shut it down and logg in again please shed some light on this please thanks in advance. regards
November 13th 07 06:31 PM
by Robertson Go to last post
0 119
fast switch playback device by km
Hi, wondering whether there is any shortcut or other speedy way to switch playback deviced on x32 Ultimate, e.g. between laptop speakers and bt headset? also I am looking for way to mute the mice in a fast manner, rather than having to click task bar icon and going through audio settings? appreciate any sound input cheers
November 13th 07 06:10 PM
by km Go to last post
0 123
USB problems with plug and play devices. by Fes
Recently I purchased the In-sight Motion Webcam - Model# IC825C and installed it into windows vista. It took several attempts to laod, but it finanly did work. The camera was able to work for about 3 weeks, although t the actual software for the camera didn't work, I could make the camera adjustments in windows Live or Yahoo Messenger. Several of the important camera features didn't work....
November 13th 07 05:17 PM
by Vague NYC[_2_] Go to last post

From The