Can't burn CD by Marianne
I am using Vista and can not burn a CD now. The error message reads to please insert a blank CD...even though I have a blank CD inserted. I have tried different programs: I Tunes, Windows media, Jukebox...it never recognizes the disk. Please help!!
June 9th 07 11:27 AM
by freddy Go to last post
2 199
Logitech Headset + Vista by tigereye
Okay, I have a Logitech headset / mic that I've been using for a while, and it's been fine. Got a new notebook with Vista on it, and started using the microphone with the notebook, and it worked fine. However, every time I plugged in my mic, I'd get a pop-up box asking me what the newly-plugged in device was . Eventually, I checked a box that said "do not ask me again," and then selected...
June 9th 07 09:02 AM
by freddy Go to last post
3 143
USB to Serial Adapter by RichardK
Trying to use AirLink101 and Q-store USB to serial adapters on a Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop. Both adapters use "Prolific" drivers. Using AirLink's vista drivers Device Manager says the drivers installed ok but the device will not start. AirLink says the adapter and notebook are not compatible but nothing is wrong with the adapter of notebook. Dell says the adapter is not on Microsofts...
June 9th 07 01:16 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 144
TMController & HD ADeck by fasole2fasole
Several days ago I bought a Gericom computer with Vista, but something appears not functioning as it should. Drivers were already installed and also some additional software. In the first hours after the first start the computer had no sound, but this problem fixed by itself soon. Nevertheless I still have in the Systray the icon Audio Deck which I cannot open. The hdaudiocpl.exe to which it...
June 8th 07 11:47 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 140
vista tells me my hard drive full when it cant possibly be by triplestan
hi. every couple of times im on my computer i glance at how much free space i have in my hard drive. it changes a lot. about four days ago i decided that id make a note of how much free space i had left as i was getting sick of the fluctuations. the tile view in computer told me i had 20.0 gb left, which was about how much i figured i should. then, two days ago it told me i had 11 gb left...
June 8th 07 11:21 PM
by triplestan Go to last post
2 166
the display goes crazy by DJ_danne
Most of the time vista works without any major problems, but sometimes the display goes crazy, either by "spinning" from left to right, or it just flickers in some strange way. This comes out of nowhere and I havn't noticed that it comes when I do special things... Anyone have an idea about what can cause this and how to correct it? It's very anoying, since the only remedy is to restart the...
June 8th 07 11:14 PM
by Tim Go to last post
4 152
Burn DVD? by CJSM
I'm reaing the related questions as I have upgraded from XP to Vista Business. RecordNow! ver7 does not get along with Vista & ver9 crashed the hard drive inXP, so what do I use to burn DVD? I tried to burn a DVD in Vista so I could use it on other computers about 350Gb on a 4.7 Gb disk. Vista said 1 day & 16 hours!!!! I left it to burn & after 5 hours the programs "hung" then crashed...
June 8th 07 11:05 PM
by CJSM Go to last post
2 160
vista does not allow me to install a web cam by philrazor
hello, i tried to install the pc-cam feature included in my pentax option e10 camera. it does not allow me to install it properly. When i run the CD rom to install the camera, it suddenly prompts me to search for a file named stream.sys. i did not have this same problem on windows xp. I tried to install it on while on temporary modality (with limited applications) and same things happens: a...
June 8th 07 10:42 PM
by philrazor Go to last post
7 145
8600GTS issue on new Vista ultimate install? by equinox101
I've been using my 8600GTS on Vista RC1.... I've just bought Vista Ultimate with RC1 now being after June 1st. But now my vga card can't be seen. I've got output to monitor no problem but its coming up as a standard VGA adaptor with 4MB memory ... Confused. I've tried using microsoft to find drivers, nvidia and the manufacturer sites for the drivers, none of which will install.... Infact...
June 8th 07 10:37 PM
by equinox101 Go to last post
8 126
WMDC - Outlook Script Blocking? by Barry
Hello, I like many am pulling my hair out trying to get my Cingular 3125 to sync. It did at first, but I think after a Microsoft Update it stopped. I have a Dell Latitude D620 running Vista Ultimate. The WMDC software recognizes the device, but I get the "Activesync encountered an error on my desktop" with a code 85010014. In one article I read it says that my virus software 'might have...
June 8th 07 09:07 PM
by MBro Go to last post
2 109
non dx9 graphics card by shoeman12
i know you're supposed to have a dx9 graphics card for vista ultimate but is this just required for aero or would vista not work at all?
June 8th 07 08:38 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 109
Vista 64 BIT Treiberproblem by Silvan
Guten TAg ich habe einen HP m7474 PC habe nun Windows Vista ultimate 64bit installiert. Der Treiber für die Soundkarte und die TV Karte geht nicht Soundkarte: Realtek High defintion TV-Karte: Asustek Tiger Captuere Device Kann mir jemand Helfen wie ich zu diesen 64bit treibern komme? besten dank
June 8th 07 05:39 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 103
Aditional Keyoard for Latop cannot be installed by Ellie
Vista could'nt locate the keyboard I connected to my laptop, this way I could'nt use a normal one on my laptop. I can hardly work with the keyboard on my laptop, so I'll need to instal a normal one.
June 8th 07 05:06 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 115
Help getting to safe mode on Asus P5N32-E Sli Motherboard by Moogle Stiltzkin
Hi there. I am having trouble getting to safe mode with my motherboard. People say to press f8 and etc to get there but mine it doesn't ive tried finding the manual and it doesn't say which to push to get to safe mode. I am at my wits end can someone please advise :[ ? I was hoping to go safe mode so i can use driver cleaner to remove my graphic/audio drivers so i can do a fresh installation.
June 8th 07 04:17 PM
by Montoblo Go to last post
7 148
Problems with P5GD2 Deluxe MB (Sound and Wi-Fi) by Corpse
Hello.. I can't find the drivers for my MB on-board devices.. i think is C-Media CMI9880 and Marvell WiFi Driver Where i can find the help?
June 8th 07 03:39 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 113
Vista 64 BIT Treiberproblem by Silvan
Guten TAg ich habe einen HP m7474 PC habe nun Windows Vista ultimate 64bit installiert. Der Treiber für die Soundkarte und die TV Karte geht nicht Soundkarte: Realtek High defintion TV-Karte: Asustek Tiger Captuere Device
June 8th 07 02:48 PM
by Silvan Go to last post
0 100
Double Clicking Mouse Changes Size of Window by Emily903
Has anyone experienced this problem with a synaptics pointing device? It seems randomly that when I double click the window expands or shrinks instead of doing what the double click should do (such as grabbing a scroll bar). I can't find a setting to change to fix this problem.
June 8th 07 01:52 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 104
Best for ReadyBoost: USB vs. SD Card by Harry Krause
Just for grins, I popped a a halfagig SD card I had around into a card reader and it was accepted as ReadyBoost memory. So, I'm wondering... If I want to add about two gigs of ReadyBoost memory, should I be shopping for a fast SD card or a fast USB memory key, or does it matter? And what is fast? And how fast is fast enough? Very few manufacturers of these memory devices seem to publish...
June 8th 07 01:11 PM
by JW Go to last post
8 140
Please read, cross post: dim primary monitor by benfield
My computer will, 30 seconds after I log into windows, make the entire screen except the cursor go dim. It looks similar to when UAC dims the monitor to focus on a specific prompt, but it is perpetual, and the only think highlighted is the cursor. This occurs regardless of the resolution of the monitor or whether glass is on or off. Oddly, the dimmness only affects the primary monitor. I have...
June 8th 07 12:54 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 120
I need answers by westlor
i use to plug in my camera to xp...done, things worked. XP have not got a clue, cannot seem to see camera -- wesss
June 8th 07 11:31 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post

From The