  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
windows vista by cristina
What I like most about Windows Vista is the Sidebar because of the useful gadgets. For example, Facebook, weather and the news help me keep up with my friends and whats going on around the world.
February 18th 10 07:31 PM
by cristina Go to last post
0 260
Slow DVD writer access by Werner
Hi All I have been using Vista for about a year now and have managed to sort out most of the kinks in my system, but one eludes me. I have a Sony/Optiarc DVD writer (SATA). It takes absolute ages to access the content on a DVD. For example I can wait for over two minutes for a DVD movie to be accessible (from the time I close the drive). Any ideas why?
October 15th 08 12:24 PM
by Werner Go to last post
0 260
USB headphones not working by ccpm
I have a Logitech USB Headset and Windows Vista When connecting, the sound keeps going through speakers instead of headset. PC recognizes the headset when connected. I can even control the volume through the headset control, but sound keeps going through speakers. These headphones dont have drivers, they use the OS driver. If I access Control PanelSoundPlayback the headset is recognized. The...
November 8th 08 05:06 PM
by ccpm Go to last post
0 260
Adding IDE Drive to New System with ATA / SATA Architecture by Derek King
Finally got a new system, made my buy, no problem with Vista , (new drive). Added Maxtor 'OneTouch' USB 500GB external HD for backup. I attached my Samsung SP1203N 120GB HD using a UDMA connection cable to the primary IDE connection on the system board. The OS is WinXP Pro SP2 When I rebooted I went to the BIOS to see the drive was recognized, and it showed an accurate approximation of used and...
December 29th 08 02:30 AM
by Andy Go to last post
2 260
1.5 TB drive formatting errors by colt
First off, thanks ahead for any and all help. I just stepped into the Vista world and built a couple of PCs to play with. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and using Seagate 1.5TB SATA drives. I can't create a volume larger than 100 gig, if I try to make the whole drive one volume, it will not format and I get device I/O errors reported. I can create a 100 gig drive and that's it, the last 400+ is...
January 25th 09 05:27 PM
by DL Go to last post
3 260
CD/DVD drive disappeared by technow09
I have a problem here that i have not been able to find an answer to but, in short, my computer can no longer find my CD/DVD drive, or as it once was, D drive. When i insert a CD/DVD and try to play it nothing happens. I have tried to set the comp to boot to the CD/DVD drive under boot options but, still nothing. I ran the Toshiba assistance application which checks all the main hardware for...
March 27th 09 10:24 AM
by technow09 Go to last post
3 260
New RAM results in Blue screen by ludakris
hey, i decided to upgrade them ram in my computer to 2gb, instead of the 512mb it already had installed, so i did so... the computer worked fine for a few days, no problems at all. Now, a few days on, i loaded up my computer and after a couple of mins it will go to a blue screen which says something about dumping virtual waste... ive put the 512mb back in a computer works ok again.
March 27th 09 12:46 AM
by Paul Shapiro Go to last post
4 260
CD/DVD drive by pmh532
I just received a replacement drive from Dell, installed it, and it reads all the CDs I have (especially one I had problems with). However, I am now trying to burn some new CDs, and I see they need to be formatted before use. (I had an XP system before, and don't ever recall formatting them.) I have several Memorex CD-RW I tried to format, and the computer says "windows cannot complete the...
June 26th 09 04:42 PM
by pmh532 Go to last post
0 260
bluescreen error by trichar
My computer shuts down over and over with a bluescreen error my windows diagnosis box says that it has to do with the audio system. I have tried going into my event viewer and fixing the problem but couldn't fix it. Is there anything else i can try on my own to fix this problem?
October 24th 09 09:20 PM
by LG[_2_] Go to last post
3 260
unable to view external hard drive in my computer by driver08
i have a toshiba laptop running windows vista home premium 32 bit and have just recently bought a my book western digital 640GB hard drive. i got the hard drive home put all my files on there and stupidly decided to try change the drives name. i changed the name of the drive and then suddenly it disappeared off my computer and now im stuck with a little black box with all my data on it and no way...
October 12th 08 08:59 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 260
DVD drive can't read DVD on Vista by zyloh89
Hi. My laptop couldn't read DVD anymore, after one fine day. It was working fine maybe 2 months back, now it can't read any DVD at all, but it's able to read CDs. I just can't figure out why. Hope someone is able to help :) Thanks in advance. Mat****a DVD+-RW UJ857G ATA Device Windows Vista Home Premium is there any other details i need to give? :confused:
September 27th 08 05:44 PM
by zyloh89[_3_] Go to last post
3 260
Va11a X10 usb video driver. Interesting answer from the vendor. by jd
Still looking for the va11a driver from x10. I thought this was an interesting response from them. I didn't know that Windows vista was not yet 'trustworthy'. Copied from http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=11668.msg67139#msg67139 We do not expect to have VA11A drivers for Vista until May 1st at the very earliest. Remember, a Microsoft operating system is not really...
October 6th 08 04:07 AM
by "SP" Go to last post
2 260
Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 by ssuarez
I have tried everyhting so far and nothing helps. I have installed the IntelliPoint 6.2 but it doesn´t work. My Sony Vaio Vista recognizes the devices but I can´t move it or use it at all. When I go to its properties and click on Buttons the following message appears: "Some mouse settings might not work until you connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or set up a Microsoft...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 09 08:31 PM
by sahome Go to last post
11 260
Analog vs DIV on monitors from dell by Jennifersaskatchewan
I hav a dell computer and the dell monitor is set to go to a black screen saver and when i go to move mose and wake it from the screensave I get strip across the window that says auto detect analoge input. Is there a way to get it to stop telling me that? Is there a way to have DIV digital and what would I do to get digital?
June 19th 07 08:26 AM
by phypps Go to last post
6 261
You say you can't get that HP to work with Vista? by Harry Krause
http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=110571&page=53
June 10th 07 01:30 AM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
1 261
readyboost issue by Carol in GA
On my desktop, when I insert the usb key it detects the ReadyBoost. However if I put it in on my laptop (that actually NEEDS it) it tells me that it isn't capable. On the desktop, when you explore the drive, ReadyBoost shows up, but it shows an empty drive on the laptop. Any ideas on why?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 18th 07 03:19 AM
by MarkyMarc43 Go to last post
11 261
DVD drive not working by bowling255
My dvd drive has stopped working when I go to device manager is says CODE 10 this device cannot start.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 1st 07 12:11 AM
by Devin Somerton Go to last post
10 261
Adaptec 2940 U/UW by Reinaldo Gomes
How can I put this controler to work in Vista? My disks are SCSI and without the controler they aren't available for install? Anyone have a solution? Not considering the option to buy a new one.
December 13th 06 08:59 PM
by Stephen D Ord Go to last post
4 261
ATI X1600 AGP 512MB - blue screen during setup (driver in infinite loop) by Colin Nash [MVP]
Anyone had any success with the ATI X1600 AGP 512MB video card? Tried several times and always got a blue screen with this card during setup, saying driver stuck in infinite loop. The only way I was able to get Vista installed was to slap in another video card (ATI X800... older but better card, but partially fried due to a fan failure and doesn't work for 3d games anymore), install the...
March 2nd 07 06:07 AM
by Gert Go to last post
4 261
Toshiba E350 Reconized and can view but cant install software. by StuartKeith
As I cant install ActivSync is there a way to install software on my PDA without it under Vista I can view the contents of the pda ok.
September 16th 06 07:16 PM
by StuartKeith Go to last post

From The