very poor response from Shuttle Vista support by Tim Mackey
i emailed Shuttle today, the manufacturers of my small form factor PC, asking what their intention is regarding the provision of Vista drivers for their PCs. I just got RC1 running now, but i was fairly apalled by the attitude from their customer service. have a read of their response below, is it just me or do they not give a crap? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shuttle Support"...
September 4th 06 09:17 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 538
wireless adapter by Tim Bostonia
I installed a d-link DWA-552 Wireless Adapter in my desktop (formerly hardwired to the internet through a router) system so I could move it to another location with out hardwiring... Vista (Enterprise Edition) detected, downloaded, and installed the device perfectly... it works and I have good connectivity... HOWEVER... The whole systems locks up about every 30 minutes now... I made sure...
April 2nd 07 04:55 PM
by Tim Bostonia Go to last post
0 105
Microsoft Bluetooth Transceiver by Tim Bostonia
Running Vista Enterprise RTM... I have a MS Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 with a MS Transceiver v 3.0 for Bluetooth installed and stable (after much gnashing of teeth)... Vista doesn't recognize the transceiver as a bluetooth device... no bluetooth devices are enumerated or shown in device manager... the transceiver does appear as a USB device in HID and the mouse is recognized under Mouse and...
March 19th 07 08:26 AM
by Franz Go to last post
3 241
USB Hell by Tim Bostonia
I have a number of USB devices installed, some more than once it seems, and every time I boot, log on, log off or switch users, I get a series of attempts (5 in all) to install the mouse and accompanying USB Bluetooth Hub, the keyboard, and an "unknown device" drivers... I cancel the dialogs, and the devices work properly... The BIOS is current, as is the chipset... (see more detail...
February 11th 07 06:09 AM
by Enigma Go to last post
4 144
USB Drive Peculiar Behavior by Tim Bostonia
Running Vista Enterprise RTM - I have two USB 2.0 drives... one 256MB that's recognized by Vista as simply USBSTOR and a 512 MB Dell that Vista recognizes as a "M-SysT5 Dell Memory Key USB Device" Now the 256MB drive behaves normally (at least to me)... it comes up immediately with "autoplay" prompting my action, e.g. "open folder", etc... the Dell, on the other hand, either takes up to 3...
January 20th 07 03:45 PM
by Tim Bostonia Go to last post
0 121
Turning off tap on Synaptics Touchpad by Tim Regan
Hi All, I'm running Vista on a Toshiba Portege M200. The M200 has a Synaptics Touchpad. I have installed the Synaptics Vista drivers from http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm (version 9.1.0) since the Toshiba site doe not list any Vista TouchPad drivers. Two things are wrong. Firstly every time I start my laptop I get an error message "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you...
November 16th 08 03:31 AM
by alstreck Go to last post
1 245
Reinstalling Drivers by Tim
Will I have to reinstall all the drivers when i do a clean install of vista. For instance, will i have to reinstall the drivers for my dvd drive, built in speakers etc? WI-FI reciever drivers? Or will this be done for me. I am pretty good with computers, but I have never installed an OS before. Thanks!
January 31st 07 02:40 AM
by Donna Buenaventura Go to last post
1 155
MS Keyboard issues by Tim
Hi there, We have a MS Wireless Multimedia KB with version 6.2 Pro software I can get all the top buttons to work except the Volume buttons, oddly some times at start up only the volume button works all the other keys won't but this happens rarely. If I disable the HID service and then reboot and restart it I can get it to
April 29th 08 05:11 PM
by Tim Go to last post
0 126
Harddrive clone issue. by Tim
Hi, I have a custom built pc using a Abit KV80 motherboard . I tried to install a 160GB hard drive into my PC in order to clone my old hard drive. The problem is that when I detect the new drive in my bios it misreports the size of the new hard drive. Everything is set correctly- i.e. the slave is the new hard drive and the master is the old( 60 GB) drive. Can you help?
March 28th 08 08:10 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 183
Digital Camera Driver by Tim
Vista appears to be incompatible with the driver for my Canon SD Powershot 1000. Have searched Canon website, aand spoken to tech support. They say it is MS's problem. Suggestions/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 08 01:28 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
12 278
Intellitype not working properly, no Volume control by Tim
Hi there, Vista Home Premium with MS Natural Wireless Keyboard with Intellitype 6.1 all of a sudden my top keys stopped working My Docs, My Pics etc but I think the Volume buttons worked so uninstalled Intellitype 6.1 and reinstalled 6.1 all worked well except the Volume buttons didn't work. So uninstalled 6.1 installed 6.2 still all buttons bar the Volume ones work. Any thoughts on how I...
March 7th 08 12:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 151
Vista-Mouse freeze when switching users by Tim
Home Premium, Pre-installed by Dell at purchase, not installed by me or an upgrade-USB optical mouse-Dell E521, AMD Duo Core +5500, 2GB RAM-Cursor occasionally freezes when switching users, at user-select screen. I'm able to use keyboard to navigate down to "switch-user" and enter, then mouse will work again. I don't know if I've supplied enough info, but any suggestions? -- Thanks, Tim
March 4th 09 03:28 AM
by jhughey Go to last post
7 235
Vista x64 c0000218 error while booting by Tim
I've installed Vista x64 Business edition on the following pc: C2D E6600 GigaByte P35-DS3P 4x1 GB DDR2 800 HD2900XT 512 MB Now, when I boot the system, the following BSOD occurs: STOP: c0000218 {registry file failure} The registry cannot load the hive \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SECURITY
June 28th 07 12:50 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 157
Connecting iPod by Tim
Every time I connect my iPod to my computer running Vista RC2, I get a Microsoft popup that says: "Do you want to scan and fix MY IPOD? There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc. This can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it." If I choose to scan and fix, it never finds any problems to fix. Anyone
November 7th 06 12:43 PM
by Clark Go to last post
1 152
speedstream 4200 by Tim
i need a driver for a speedstream 4200 ADSL modem can anyone help
November 18th 06 07:45 AM
by Nero Go to last post
3 127
BSOD - Vista 64 bit Home premium - Please help :( by Tim
Problem caused by Device Driver You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer. More information --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 14th 07 12:11 AM
by Tim Go to last post
0 118
Philips SNU6500 Wireless USB by Tim
Has anyone got this to work with Vista? I've installed the software, but it fails to do anything :(
February 19th 07 05:27 PM
by timblewee Go to last post
1 190
mouse and keyborad problem. by Tim
Hi, I've got a custom built pc- athlonxp 3000+ ,2 gb mem, Windows Vista home basic . The problem is the wired keyboard and wireless mouse aren't working. I swapped out the wireless mouse for a wired one and the problem stayed the same. Any ideas? regards,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 2nd 09 11:05 AM
by Tim Go to last post
13 534
Lexmark Z25 Printer by Tilly14
Hello everyone, I want to use a Lexmark Z25 Printer here at home on my Vista Home Professional with SP1 PC. It's not (directly) internally supported in Windows, nor does Lexmark deliver any drivers for them. Doe someone have any ideas how I can use the printer on my PC? Thanx, Tilly14
October 17th 08 03:18 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
9 251
i need to sale accesories product by tigreg
i need to sale an accessories product from you
February 14th 08 03:24 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post

From The