IDE to USb Problems by Telarm7400
I have an A-Tec HD-227-U2 2.5in Hard Drive enclosure with a Fujitsu hard drive in it from a dead laptop. I want to recover files from the drive to my Vista PC. The device was recognised when I plugged the enclosure in (I am using both USB cables supplied with the enclosure, with no jumpers on the Hard Drive) and automatically installed the drivers. The device is shown in Device Manager as...
March 5th 08 10:07 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
8 169
USB Device Not Recognized... by teknomedic
As the title says... I'm troubleshooting a friends computer and can't seem to get it working. Basically, he's running Vista Home Prem 32bit. He just bought a new Canon MP480 inkjet printer and everytime he plugs it into his laptop he gets the "USB Device Not Recognized". I tested his printer and cable on my laptop (Vista Ultimate 64bit) and it IDs the printer and tries to install just fine. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 09 09:38 PM
by teknomedic Go to last post
20 347
Synaptics track pad doesn't auto start by TeKn1qe
Hey all, for some reason my Synaptics Track Pad wont start with windows. I have to manually go into the program file and double click the .exe file to start the device. Any tips on how to fix this so it boots with windows? My OS is Vista Home Premium 64bit running on a Gateway FX Edition. Thanks in advance. -- TeKn1qe Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 29th 09 02:26 PM
by TeKn1qe[_2_] Go to last post
1 127
igfx drive stopped responding by tekietek
I hope I'm posting in the right place, but I'm going crazy trying to find out how to fix my stupid computer. Like so many, I've had nothing but trouble with this Vista. I would never have bought it, but it was all they were selling. Anyway, here is what is going on: I have an HP PC Media Center m7760n running Vista Home Premium (32 bits). I purchased this Media center because I'm a big...
June 3rd 07 03:37 PM
by tekietek Go to last post
3 211
igfx drive stopped responding by tekietek
I hope I'm posting in the right place, but I'm going crazy trying to find out how to fix my stupid computer. Like so many, I've had nothing but trouble with this Vista. I would never have bought it, but it was all they were selling. Anyway, here is what is going on: I have an HP PC Media Center m7760n running Vista Home Premium (32 bits). I purchased this Media center because I'm a big...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 07 03:06 PM
by Malke Go to last post
12 240
usb hid hardware not recognized by vista by teho
hello everyone! i have a problem: my hid compatible usb devices such as mouse (logitech mx310), keyboard (logitech ultra-flat) and wacom tablet can't install. when i plug them in vista say: can't find suitable driver for this device and it will not work properly. i read every advice you post about regedit changes and c:\windows folder for custom driver update, deleting infcache.1 -- for me...
September 11th 07 07:50 AM
by teho Go to last post
0 114
Aero- INTEL 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset fails to work by Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee
Hi, If you are using Intel 915 chipset without aonther graphic chipset onboard, goto http://www.petitiononline.com/intel915/petition.html and sign it. The owner of petition will send this list to Intel that we are in trouble. Cheers, Pound@Gestalt
February 11th 07 01:09 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 218
Intel 915 and Aero by Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee
Hi, If you are using Intel 915 chipset without aonther graphic chipset onboard, goto http://www.petitiononline.com/intel915/petition.html and sign it. The owner of petition will send this list to Intel that we are in trouble. Cheers, Pound@Gestalt "apulaski" wrote:
February 11th 07 01:10 PM
by mikey31 Go to last post
1 184
OEM Software and new motherboard by Teejay999
Hi I installed Vista Ultimate on a newly built PC using OEM software - great but - motherboard dead - cannot get exact rpelacement - will I be able to install Vista (or just run from existing setup) with a new motherboard?
March 11th 07 02:22 PM
by George Go to last post
4 154
LG LW70 Express by teebee
Has anyone managed to get sound working on the LG 70 Express after installing Vista? I have Vista Home premium edition installed and cannot get any on board sound. Also I have tried many times to load Adobe Acrobat reader but get an error message "Temporary Folder is on a drive that is full or in accessable. Free up space on the drive or verify that you have write permission on the temp...
May 31st 07 02:43 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
4 163
Plugged In, Not Charging Battery by Ted[_7_]
I have HP NW8000 laptop running Vista Ultimate. I installed SP1 a few days ago. After the upgrade, the battery is not charging anymore. Right now it is completely drained out and it says 0% available plugged in, not charging. I uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers (there were two) from the Device Manager and install them again with scan for hardware...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 10th 09 07:19 AM
by supersilverfox Go to last post
20 736
Changes Hard Drives, now System Restore crashes by TedT
I upgraded my laptop hard drive by making a clone using Trueinmage. But I did do a quick format first and did give it a volume name. It works fine in my laptop but I went to set a Restore point and I get this error... Thee was an unexpected error The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x8007007B) System Restore will now close
May 17th 08 02:03 AM
by TedT Go to last post
0 157
SOLVED - No DVD sound. DVD Decoder or... ? by Teddy
"Teddy" wrote in message news:... Well, I fixed it and I hope this helps anyone else out! I should have gone with my gut instinct: Vista sets digital out to default! So I went to control panel - hardware & sound - sound. On my system, two things appeared: "Speakers" and "Digital Audio Interface." The latter was set to default, so I simply highlighted...
November 5th 07 03:51 AM
by Teddy Go to last post
0 136
No DVD sound. DVD Decoder or... ? by Teddy
So finally Windows has a built-in DVD decoder! Sadly, I'm not sure it works... So since installing Ultimate, I haven't been able to watch a DVD. With Media Player or Media Center, the DVD has no sound. In WMP, the screen also goes black for a second or two every ten seconds or so. Very annoying. At least Media Center doesn't have the black screens. But it would be nice to hear the audio....
June 4th 07 11:36 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
7 231
MS Natural Keyboard 4000 F keys... by Teddy
I had this problem with the Vista beta, but I was sure it'd be fixed in the final release. Perhaps I really just have a bad piece of hardware!!! My keyboard worked perfectly in XP, and I always buy MS keyboards - I love them! MS hardware in general has always pretty good - I miss the sidewinder line. ANYway... the Vista Beta, for some reason, had issues with my keyboard - I had NO "F" keys!...
April 12th 07 12:56 AM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
7 141
canon camera drivers by ted medin
Anyone have trouble with vista installing canon camera drivers? Specifically i have an a530 camera & unable to download the pictures to the pc. TIA
October 21st 09 05:54 PM
by Bill W Go to last post
2 170
A quick movie for Vista users! So funny! by Ted Landry
A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with... http://snipurl.com/19r0y If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier place! http://www.apple.com/hardware/ http://www.apple.com/software/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 17th 07 12:37 PM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
119 3,180
Why OH! Why can't I play DVD's in Windows Media player for Vista anymore?? by Ted F
As the subject line says : Why OH! Why can't I play DVD's in Windows Media Player for Vista anymore?? This is what I have installed as for the Windows Media Player for Vista. Look at ALL the listed under "MPEG/DVD Filters" I have. So why in the hell I can't play simple retail movie DVD's anymore.
January 27th 08 11:31 AM
by HU RU Go to last post
2 144
I want to return all keyboard commands to default state. by Ted
Hi, I think I have inadvertanly carried out a keystroke and not realised I've done it. I have made no alterations to anything but suddenly, I have noticed that my screen display is bright and washed out. It's not EVER so bright, but bright enough for me to want it to go away again. So that I can rule that out (or it may be that) can someone tell me how to to a blanket removal of keyboard...
March 5th 10 05:37 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 442
I want to return all keyboard commands to default state. by Ted
Hi, I think I have inadvertanly carried out a keystroke and not realised I've done it. I have made no alterations to anything but suddenly, I have noticed that my screen display is bright and washed out. It's not EVER so bright, but bright enough for me to want it to go away again. So that I can rule that out (or it may be that) can someone tell me how to to a blanket removal of keyboard...
March 5th 10 01:47 PM
by Ted Go to last post

From The