A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!

Old February 11th 07, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Conor

Default A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!

In article , Ted Landry says...
"Tom Willett" wrote:

Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers for
scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for
people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use.

BWAHAHAHA

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old February 12th 07, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Julie Smith

I agree with Ron... Thats why I use QT Alternative. Same thing goes for
RealTime. (I didn't want to be biased like some mac users)

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
Ron Miller wrote:

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Well, might be funny, might not, but I don't know, because like the
ultimate troll you are, you posted a link to a QuickTime file. You
should know that none of us allow that bloatware on our computers

Ron, you ARE behind. QuickTime on Windows works fine if you have a
modern machine. You must still be running a Tandy box, is that true?

Trust me, download QuickTime and join the modern world. You can learn
why it's the main platform for all types of media worldwide... he

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/whyqt/

Download it he (use any email address/does not need to be valid)

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

If you aren't quite ready to become apart of the modern world you can
always uninstall it after you watch the funny clip.

Old February 12th 07, 12:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
BSchnur

Oh goodie, yet another food fight.

--
Barry Schnur
Old February 12th 07, 12:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ted Landry

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

Yeah that is why, back around 2002 there were 6% of people worldwide using
the toys and in 2006 that dropped to 4% roughly.

actually, OSX increasingly takes share away from windows each month.
people have discovered the power of high end computing and are giving up
on poorly built windows as a result.

ps: just because you haven't used a Mac, doesn't mean it's a toy. it's
what the Big Boys and Girls use when they want the most power under the
hood with the strongest OS made today.
Old February 12th 07, 12:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ted Landry

Conor wrote:

Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers
for
scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers
for
people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use.

BWAHAHAHA

Windows PCs can't run complex software like this...

http://www.apple.com/shake/

I wonder why?

Old February 12th 07, 01:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ted Landry

"Bill Condie" wrote:

I'm gonna rush out and buy a Mac and that wonderful $500 program with FREE
SHIPPING!

Great! Glad you are coming around. (by the way, everything ships for
free from Apple)
Old February 12th 07, 01:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
bob

"If" it is true that MAC sales are increasing, it may be because they finally
come loaded with Windows XP now so you can actually use some main stream
software.

"Ted Landry" wrote:

A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Old February 12th 07, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Nina DiBoy

Peter M wrote:
ummmm... osx is based on linux not unix.

LOL! OSX is NOT based on linux. It;s based on BSD. Mabey you
shouldn't talk so much about things you know little about.

And if osx is the most popular
worldwide how come it only has 3% marketshare and in server markets probably
only about 1% if that? And I see like most Mac zealots you took Allchin's
comment out of context to make your fisher price activity centre look
better. Open Source, errrr, read apple eula's on their software and you'll
find you are not allowed to modify, reverse engineer etc just like MS
software so so much for open source. Funny about the "uneducated", overall
I'd say windows users know more about computers in general. OSX is fairly
new in the OS game and most mac users are still used to pre-osx mac OS where
they relied on apple stores to fix, install everything. Also many windows
users also use linux.

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
"Tom Willett" wrote:

snip
In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use. It's the power
house of Personal Computing, only the uneducated use Windows at this
point in the game. Unix is where all the smart people go when they want
the best, that's why OSX is the most popular Unix worldwide.

People like Bill Joy, who created Java, use Macs exclusively. Tim
Berners Lee that created the World Wide Web, another Mac only person.
Larry Ellison, CEO of the 2nd largest software firm has over 16 Macs in
daily use.

Even the Number 3 man at Microsoft, Jim Allchin recently stated:

"I'd buy a Mac if i didn't work for Microsoft"

Ouch!

Nobody in their right mind uses Windows, it's just not powerful enough
for the heavy hitters of the world. Plus Windows is too proprietary
compared to Apple's Open Standards, Open Source approach.

Someday Tom, you too will move up to a Unix based Mac.

http://store.apple.com/

PS:

Plus in the corporate space OSX Server can't be beat for the speed and
price. IT groups still using Windows Server have lost the game since
they can completely replace MS server products and still keep on
running. (at about 1/5th the price)

http://www.apple.com/xserve/
http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

Most recent idiotic quote added to KICK (Klassic Idiotic Caption Kooks):
"Nope. Just CLUELESS ****S LIKE YOU too stupid to work it out. Thank
the bittorent brigade."

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot
Old February 12th 07, 01:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Nina DiBoy

Ron Miller wrote:
Ted Landry wrote:
A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a
happier place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Well, might be funny, might not, but I don't know, because like the
ultimate troll you are, you posted a link to a QuickTime file. You
should know that none of us allow that bloatware on our computers

Who do you think you are all speaking for?