Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
XviD and Vista Movie Maker by Cherrii
I have been trying to work on a project for a week or so now, but can't seem to make the .avi files I have (XviD codec) work properly in Movie Maker. Initially I was playing them back for review in VLC and they work fine. When they first wouldn't work in Movie Maker, I tried in Media Player and Media Center and no video there either - just the audio with a black screen. So I went to the XviD...
March 1st 09 11:57 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
1 184
Picture Folder naming not showing correctly in Photo Gallery by Cary K
We import our photos from our camera into Photo Gallery, add a Tag, and the folder is then correctly named. However, there are times in which we would like to rename a folder. When we do so from the pictures folder, the changes do not always show up in the folder list in Photo Gallery. This occurs on about 2 out of every 3 we rename. If we rename the folder from inside Photo Gallery, it...
March 1st 09 10:57 PM
by Cary K Go to last post
0 139
How can I disable media center by Jer[_5_]
Media center keeps popping up, I have not been able to find a way to disable it, so that I can use only when I want. It is very tiresome to keep have it open when ever I pop a cd or dvd in to my drive.
March 1st 09 01:46 PM
by SafetyDoc Go to last post
1 193
WMP 11 Green Screen - Vista by donzer33
Does anyone else have the problem of displaying mpeg and other videos with a green cast on them? I cannot get rid of the problem permanently. Re-booting helps for a while but the problem recurs. -- donzer33
March 1st 09 12:57 PM
by donzer33 Go to last post
0 181
Windows Media Player doesn't start by Steve
Have Vista Home premium running on an HP Pavilion 2500dv. Copied all my CDs on to the hard disc, enjoyed the ease of acces. Today Windows Media Player just will not start - immediate exit after click, double click, whatever. Boy, am I ****ed. Paid good cold cash for all those CDs and really, really wanted to hear Frankie S. do "Girl from Ipanenema". Okay, okay so my tastes are a tad...
February 28th 09 10:18 PM
by Steve Go to last post
1 195
Vista Windows movie maker by mikeydpippin
Anyone had success with this version of movie maker,only i have managed to down load camcorder vids onto my pc,transferred ok to movie maker. This is where the problems begin. I can cut and edit and insert transitions and titles, but when i publish,and save i cannot retrieve videos together and put onto timeline to join them together.I find some videos will not drag to timeline bar it just will...
February 28th 09 05:35 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 203
Something about Windows Media Center I need to know...... by Dirty Dawg
I've got a lot of pictures and music on my system (the pictures are mostly all .jpg's and the music is mostly all mp4's) that do not want to display/and or play correctly when I'm using my extender downstairs. All pics display ok while on my desktop when using Windows Photo Gallery, but they will NOT display when using WMC neither on my desktop or via the extender for the big screen...
February 27th 09 11:23 PM
by Dirty Dawg Go to last post
0 161
Windows Movie Maker by mowensrowens
I have completed my video and trying to burn to a dvd. When I publish it, I only have the option to publish to a cd not dvd. I try to go ahead and publish to DVD but it will not play in the DVD player? It will play in the computer? Please help.... -- mowensrowens
February 27th 09 01:50 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 222
how to change default program from Photoshop 7 to PSCS by mysticvisions
I tried reading the messages to find the answer but was unable to find one for my problem. If there IS a solution already here please forgive me and would someone please point me to the right place? I am running Vista Home Premium 64bit.(ugh) I have Photoshop 7 and it has been working great. We recentlly installed PS CS4 and it works ok IF you open the fie you want to work with from INSIDE...
February 27th 09 12:06 AM
by mysticvisions Go to last post
3 203
How to rip and cut DVD for Windows and Mac with Best DVD Cutter by livelybunny9
Ripping CDs is a common activity performed by many software programs, but how to rip and cut a DVD is not an easy thing even for many advanced computer users. Read this guide and learn how to rip and cut a DVD to all modern video formats ,including MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, etc. using '*Best DVD Cutter*'...
February 26th 09 09:12 AM
by livelybunny9 Go to last post
0 211
Top MP3 players by nightmoon
http://www.aiseesoft.com/images/guide/top10-1.jpg] 1. Apple iPod Touch 2G With the second generation of its benchmark-setting iPod Touch, Apple has managed to move the gold standard in personal music players yet another notch forward. Though existing touch owners may not find the list of upgrades compelling enough to spur a pricy upgrade, shoppers looking for the most well-rounded, sleek and...
February 26th 09 05:27 AM
by nightmoon Go to last post
0 184
WMV will not play on Windows Media Center Vista by Satbeam
I'm have a problem with playing WMV files . When I try playing it I get a massege saying (Media usage Rights Acquisition) . When I download the program - and install the program it has a virus in it . I eaven install it anyway and it steal won't let me watch the movies . What can I do to watch these movies ? -- Satbeam
February 25th 09 11:42 PM
by Satbeam Go to last post
2 161
Can no longer access "Pictures" file/folder by swoop
Since logging on today, I can no longer access my Pictures file, either from the start button or from document location. All that happens is that I get a blank Windows Explorer(Not Responding) box in both cases. My operating system is Vista Basic and I am set up for automatic updates (and I double checked, both Vista and IE7 are up to date.) I have also tried a System restore back to...
February 25th 09 10:46 PM
by swoop Go to last post
0 147
Media players by geo2164
I am trying to convert real player downloads to windows media player. Any suggestions? -- geo2164
February 25th 09 09:25 PM
by geo2164 Go to last post
0 188
WMP Stops working when i try to play a DVD by sublimitalwaves
Greetings, I just formatted my new computer and when i try to play a dvd with WMP it loads the dvd and goes to a black screen and thinks for a moment, then a windows box pops up and says that WMP has stoped working, "we will look for a solution to this problem" "This problem was caused by *NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller*, which was created by *NVidia*. A newer version of this product is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 09 11:56 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
17 334
Movie Maker hangs first try than works fine? by mikecoscia
Every time I load up Movie maker, drag in a quick video (just to test), and then hit publish it hangs on me. I get a AppHangXProcB1 error when looking under the problem reports. Here is the full thing... Product Windows Movie Maker Problem Stopped responding and was closed
February 24th 09 11:28 PM
by mikecoscia Go to last post
3 182
old by cazxx1
hi all I have got an old photo of my mom, sadly she has passed away now, she is only 2years old now. It is badly scratched now is there any way to get the scratches out then I could have it blown up and put on my wall It is brown in colour but I quite like that.. Is there anyone on this site that would be wiling to do it for me if I send the photo to you cheers xx -- cazxx1
February 24th 09 03:45 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 398
M4B files by Bebecigim
Hello, I bought an audiobook on iTunes. It is an M4B file, and I would like to convert it into an MP3 files. Does anyone have a suggestion ? Thanks to all, -- Bebecigim
February 24th 09 02:17 PM
by Bebecigim Go to last post
5 240
Camcorder/1394/Vista - Problem by Bill
I have a Sony DCRHC42 purchased in May 2005 that worked fine in Windows XP SP2, but does not work in Vista Ultimate or Home Premium. I have tried three different Firewire cables, three different ports, and on two different computers, and the HC42 is not seen at all by the computers. Using these same cables, the computers immediately recognize an external Firewire hard drive without any...
February 24th 09 01:59 PM
by E. K. Go to last post
3 185
MP4 files save as anamorph by Blackbird[_2_]
Hi, Is there a way (program) to save my MP4 files (1280x720) as anamorphic files (720x576) that can be burnt as such on DVD? thanks
February 23rd 09 07:02 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post

From The