Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Printer Driver by powerray
I connected my computer (Vista) to my printer. Was asked for permission which is another problem. Was not given permission even though I'm the user (like I said another problem). Was directed to go to the mfg site (HP). HP says windows has the driver. Now windows does not even recognize that there's a printer plugged unto the USB port.
August 7th 07 05:15 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
8 310
Printer driver neededfor HP Photosmart printer...help by stox
I have a HP photosmart 1218 and have just brought a new rig which has a dual boot config with Vista64 and Xp Pro64. I have managed to get the printer to install in XP but trying the same method in Vista doesn't work.. can anyone help? I installed it in XP Pro64 by downloading the XP64 bit driver for a deskjet 970cse and then simply installing it :) HP themselves suggested just setting the...
October 24th 08 10:58 PM
by hp photo smart C4280 need driver Go to last post
6 406
Printer Driver - keeps installing copies of driver by David Croxson
I have a laptop so don't always have the printer connected to it. Whenever I do connect the printer, Vista goes off and searches for a driver (depsite it already having one). It downloads and installs a copy of the printer driver. When I try and print from Word or whatever, it sends to the latest copy of the printer, which isn't of course the default! So nothing prints and I get an error...
January 30th 08 09:23 PM
by David Croxson Go to last post
2 256
printer driver deletion in vista by TheOne
In XP, I could delete a printer driver in "Printer Fax - Server Setting - Driver Tab". In Vista, I see the identical driver tab in serversetting, and there are all my drivers listed shown. But when I click on a driver I want to delete, the remove button doesn't activate. Only (E) button is active. I tried from a normal user and admin user (which I first created when vista first installed).
April 6th 07 05:37 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 234
Printer Driver Empty List Fix by HolmanGT
Here is the fix for the "Empty Printer List". C:\windows\inf\INFCACHE.1 is most likely corrupt and should be deleted. You will need to edit its file permissions to give Full Control to the User Group before you will be allowed to delete it. Credit to: Bob (of), Windows Vista Community, Hardware & Devices I personally used this method and it works and works well. But I assume no liability or...
April 2nd 07 04:02 PM
by HolmanGT Go to last post
0 195
Printer driver files missing by marty_G
I'm running Vista Ultimate with an HP OfficeJet PSC950. When I first plugged in the printer (usb) it was recognized, windows installed the drivers and all was good. The next day I couldn't print to this printer. When I pull up the printer properties (Control Panel/Printers/Printer Properties) the Set Printing Defaults button is gone and when I click Print Test Page I get an error...
May 10th 07 08:57 AM
by NZSchoolTech Go to last post
1 195
printer driver for HP, 1215 by Rudd 1
Will my HP 1215 Printer work with Vista Premium
May 1st 08 06:12 PM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
1 292
Printer Driver Lexmark 810 Series by Hudl
Hi, I'm looking for a Windows Vista Driver for my Lexmark 810 Series Printer. Who can help me? :-) Hudl
November 4th 06 04:51 PM
by Hudl Go to last post
0 598
Printer driver list empty by [email protected]
Hi, No, this is not a standard "there is no driver for my printer" issue. We have a network printer. HP have no driver for it, stating that the driver is built into Vista. On three of our machines, we have installed this built in driver using an IP port and it worked fine.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 21st 07 01:53 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
35 898
Printer Driver needed for AL-1655CS manufatured by Sharp by Jared
In trying to setup a HP Pavilion dv9000 series laptop with a printer manufactured by Sharp Coorporation model AL-1655CS it turns out that the drivers supplied by Sharp are windows XP compatable downward and not for Vista. Is there a generic printer driver that will work for this model copier/printer? Just tryng to use this device as a printer. Help please. The printer was purchased last year...
June 19th 07 06:26 PM
by Cyn Go to last post
7 140
Printer Driver Problems by [email protected]
I just got a new Compaq laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. I have 2 printers, a Dell 720 inkjet USB port based, and a PagePro 1350W Laser which is router based(http address). The drivers for each load, but no printing. I see by my searching this is a big problem, but I can't find the answer. I tried the "Net stop spooler" fix, but it gives me a System 5 error. Any other ideas, or do I dump...
January 16th 08 06:47 AM
by SG[_3_] Go to last post
1 170
Printer driver update needed message reappears by John
I have a Vista Biz laptop running on a Windows 2003 SP2 domain with GPMC SP1 installed on the Domain Controller. I have tried to use this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946225 Page 9 of 11 to resolve the issue where I get "Printer driver update needed message reappears" in the properties of a Xerox printer that is being accessed by a 2003 print server. The user can update the...
July 8th 08 07:41 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 384
printer drivers by RUTHIESGUY
I HAVE A LEXMARK PRINTER x1240. IT IS INSTALLED, AND I HAVE BEEN PRINTING WITH IT JUST FINE. RECENTLY, I KEEP GETTING A MESSAGE THAT WINDOWS HAS TO INSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVER. WHY? IT IS ALREADY INSTALLED. NOW I HAVE THE ORIGINAL INSTALLATION, AND COPIES 1 AND 2. WHAT IS GOING ON? THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
November 30th 07 02:28 AM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
2 256
Printer Error by Harsimrat
Hi Friends, I am trying to install an application on vista 64 bit OS. Every time an error pops up and the application printer is not installed. Below is the error message:- "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000704). The specified port is unknown." I have tried to google the error but all in vain.
March 5th 16 10:02 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 3,861
Printer Error code "0x000003fa" by ksbaird
My Epson RX850 has worked fine for months, it disappeared and now I cannot reinstall it, I get error code "0x000003fa" the scanner works fine however?I have tried to install a different printer and get the same message. I printer works fine on my XP machines.
May 16th 07 07:07 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
1 282
Printer Error in Windows Vista by James R
After I have upgraded from Windows XP Home SP2 to Vista Home Premium on the weekend, I encountered a error. Whenever I load the computer, a error occurs stating 'Spooler SubSystem App Error' followed by searching for a solution then asking me to close it. It happens around 3 times during startup then usually doesn't show itself again until I log back on again. I have also noticed that I...
February 7th 07 04:41 AM
by James R Go to last post
2 602
Printer freeze by ck_lostsword
Every time I try to send a document to the printer, the programme that is sending it freezes. My set up is as follows: Vista Laptop - WiFi network - XP PC - Epson Stylus DX5000. The printer is set up and as far as I can tell, the drivers are installed. I can also monitor what is printing from other computers too it. The programmes that work worst are Adobe Reader and MS Office Word 2007....
June 5th 07 07:11 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 173
Printer goes offline even after installing vista service pack 1 by Arsham
Hi, Previously I had problem with my network printer. It had gone offline. Anyhow after browsing the web I understood that I should install service pack 1 for Vista (KB936330). I did and my problem was solved. Today, the Windows automatic update installed some updates and asked me to restart my computer (to me it means that the update was something important!) However, after this I found out...
February 13th 09 12:44 PM
by Arsham Go to last post
0 191
Printer Has Mind of Its Own by Keren-Happuch
New computer with Windows Vista Basic. Printer: HPdeskjet960c Somehow my printer has taken to printing John 14:15 on every incoming email that I receive. This text was in my Windows Contact, which I did NOT put there, and I deleted it from my contacts, but it still prints on every email. How can I get rid of this quirk? -- John 14:15
May 29th 07 08:58 PM
by Tim Go to last post
1 134
printer help (usb) by valhalla[_5_]
hi hall having a few probs with a brand new epson dx7450 wont install driver,its comming up with a no communication error. ive been on the phone to epson and tried to install has a new printer , but when i get to setting post im only got LPT/COM ports and has my printer ist connected via usb this is where my problem is , my question is how do i enable my usb so the add printer wizard ...
March 9th 08 11:08 AM
by valhalla[_6_] Go to last post

From The