Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Halo 2 on Vista Home premium system help by DIGITALGOST20
have I have a Compaq model 2180NX with 250 G HD and 3.3 DRAM with 2 Ghz which I installed Halo 2 on. I have not installed a graphics card yet. The Vista system experience lowest rating is 3.0 on memory (video?) and the game will not work. I assume I need a graphics card. I have never used a graphics card. My system has 3 PCI & 1 PCIe slots empty. I have seen the notes about using a...
October 4th 07 09:23 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
3 348
Is there a way around kids game discs needing my password by SL3
I have my kids accounts set up as standard users..when they try to play games on discs, it asks for my password..Is there a way around that..it is quite annoying to have to run downstairs to approve games I have allowed.
October 4th 07 08:07 PM
by André Grønmo Go to last post
5 361
Won't download SimCoaster!!! by Nadia22
Hi So, I recently purchased a pack of six old sims games(called SimMania 3). So far, I have dowloaded and played SimTheme Park and SimGolf with no problems. But, today I tried to install SimCoaster and my computer wouldn't even bring up the InstallShield Wizard page. At first a liitle pop-up appeared saying that it "would't support download" or something. Now when I click install it...
October 4th 07 07:23 PM
by Shane Nokes[_2_] Go to last post
3 362
Best RPG game on Vista by peanutjake
I finally got a computer fast enough to play games. My favorites are RPG games. What is the best RPG game that will work on Vista Home Premium?
October 3rd 07 07:29 AM
by PowerUser Go to last post
7 326
my video card by air
i have a intel(R) celeron(R) M CPU card on my computer. what kind of games can i play?
October 3rd 07 07:22 AM
by PowerUser Go to last post
3 285
Vista Solitaire Scoring by Joe H
After winning a game using "Vista Vegas Cumulative" Scoring and showing a positive score, I click out and the game is saved. Bringing up the game on return, it shows a large negative balance, instead of the saved positive balance. Has anyone else experienced this. Thank you.
October 2nd 07 11:39 PM
by Joe H Go to last post
0 260
Graphics Problem by Graphics Problem
Hey, Ever since I've installed Vista all my games have been giving me game play graphics problems. There are odd Blocks & lines on the screen, this only happens when I'm in game play. The videos & menues are fine. What could be causing this problem? The graphics card I have is a GForce 6600GT.
October 1st 07 01:38 PM
by RiverDog Go to last post
2 290
Solitare- problem saving by OnePredator
Hi, has anyone noticed that when you save solitaire game and exit, and then come back later to play the same game, several of your last moves have been undone? Its really annoying, can the bug be fixed?
October 1st 07 01:37 PM
by RiverDog Go to last post
1 281
Bejeweled Game by Lady P
Since Nvidia was installed the bejeweled game functions very slow and take the fun out of it. What makes the game run slow? What make other games when opening enlarge to big that it seperates into 4 sections? I have to restart the pc in order to get out of it
September 30th 07 06:24 AM
by Lady P Go to last post
0 265
Quake Wars by Shawn Malligan[_2_]
Hello Does anyone know if Quake Wars is multiplayer only like World of Warcraft and what specs you need to run it well? I have a Quad Core 6600, two 8800GTS in SLI mode and 4gb under Vista 32bit. Thanks Shawn
September 30th 07 03:42 AM
by Dave Angel Go to last post
3 267
FlyyFF by n0vakain
Does anyone here play FLYFF (Fly for Fun)?
September 29th 07 01:41 PM
by n0vakain Go to last post
0 431
Bioshock by Annie R J Brion
This game is about to be released in under 3 hours. Both ATI and NVIDIA have beta graphics drivers to address some problems with this game. I have tried the ATI drivers with the demo under Vista Ultimate and the work without fault. -- Annie___ (VM BB L)________________________________
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 29th 07 06:18 AM
by me too[_2_] Go to last post
39 1,453
Halo 2 For Vista by Heeva S
i have halo 2 for vista and i lost the cd key is there anyway to get it back without buying it? please help! apprectiate it thanks
September 29th 07 04:01 AM
by Atlantica22 Go to last post
5 281
Counter strike source by fear
ok i have vista ultimate editon everytime i try to play css it says platform error Can someone help me plez :(
September 29th 07 03:38 AM
by fear Go to last post
0 263
Can't play age of empires3 online and i think its because of vista by Can't play age of empires3 online
when i conect to the game server and it wants me to log in i will type my username and my password in and then it does nothing i click continue and it does nothing at all ive been trying everything!!! and still nothing will work please someone out there help me plzzzz i would very very very very much apriciate it
September 28th 07 09:57 PM
by Dave Angel Go to last post
1 361
Games not working. by TwoTone
This has happened to a number of games now, most recently Fable. I have installed them, and when i try to run them it tells me "protection stub has stopped working" I am really getting frustrated with vista now. any recommendations?
September 28th 07 09:52 PM
by Dave Angel Go to last post
5 287
aoe II: expansion... by help please.
Hi, I have a problem with the installation of the game. It says something like "error, shutting down the programe", how is it possible for me to play the game?
September 28th 07 03:59 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 264
Having trouble uninstalling a game. by Alex Mak
Trying to uninstall a client of world of warcraft. It put some files on my computer and they dont work. I go to control panel and uninstal programes but when i try to do so it gives me an error: "uninstall.xml" could not be read. Can anyone help me figure out a way to uninstall this so when i actually do go back home to get my Cd's it doesnt screw up with what i just downloaded. Thanks :)
September 28th 07 01:53 AM
by Alex Mak Go to last post
0 310
Halo2.exe Missing! by Sp!J3T
Hi All! I have ISO of the Halo 2 for WinVista. When i start Startup.exe, and clicking "Play HALO 2 For Windows Vista", i see nothing has happened. The root of ISO isn't have halo2.exe! Can anyone post it? (halo2.exe)
September 27th 07 11:46 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
4 326
uninstalling problems by vinegar
cannot uninstall my world of warcraft game from vista, Any suggestion,it says uninstal.xml" could not be read. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the...
September 27th 07 09:28 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post

From The