Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
FSX scenery update by valo43
Hi I think I may have put this question previously in the wrong place. Can anyone help with the location of update patch in fsinsider called Photo Bases Scenery Add on Update. I have installed VFR Real Scenery for Central and Southern England by Just Flight and the setup disc recommends installing the patch. All help welcome.
July 17th 08 07:45 PM
by valo43 Go to last post
2 324
Installed games do not appear by dan9d9
I went through the installation process for Spore Creature Creator and it says that it was successfully installed but it does not appear anywhere. I tried to install a demo for the game Crysis and the exact same thing happened. Any ideas?
July 17th 08 03:42 PM
by Alejandrosv Go to last post
1 348
Scenery update by valo43
Hi Can anyone help on this? I have recently installed VFR Real Scenery Central and Southern England and I have been trying to find a patch in fsinsider for Photo based scenery addon update that is indicated in the setup disc. I cannot find it,any clues?
July 16th 08 04:05 PM
by valo43 Go to last post
0 291
testing 123 testing 123 by J.King
-- Jason King
July 16th 08 10:47 AM
by J.King Go to last post
0 315
Why do I nkeep seeing users like honeysbunny here? by Dauphin de Viennois
Only in the Vista groups do I keep seeing usernames like "=?Utf-8?B? aG9uZXlzYnVubnk=?=" all over the place. I kept thinking it was the same person who was a troll or something but now I realize it must be my Xnews newsreader and the default lauguage coding it is using. These people must be using some non standard unicode or something.
July 16th 08 08:36 AM
by Dauphin de Viennois Go to last post
4 375
Maplestory issues by chris12121
I used to be able to play maplestory fine on vista before, but now its a different story. When I load maplestory, it comes up with a message about compatibility issues and so I press 'run program' in the hope that I will work, and it does, it gets to the log in page, but when I type in my ID, i can hear the music begin to jump and freeze, also words repeat, e.g if i press .net, it comes up with...
July 16th 08 08:07 AM
by chris12121 Go to last post
0 293
Halo aimbot by Luke965
Im trying to use this cheating program on halo 1 and it comes up with an error saying "gathering exception data". what does this mean?
July 16th 08 06:27 AM
by boban Go to last post
6 329
nancy dre series by bjmace[_2_]
i would like to communicate with other players thamks bjm
July 15th 08 09:27 AM
by Olórin[_2_] Go to last post
2 326
Looking for good LAN based multiplayer hearts or other card games. by Carl29464
Since the MSN ZONE does not support multiplayer hearts, my wife and I are looking for an installable version so we can play with each other and the computer. All I keep seeing on-line are spam games. Carl
July 15th 08 12:22 AM
by Carl29464 Go to last post
0 239
How can i install WOW on Windows Vista Ultimate by Albert Le
I downloaded the full version at the WOW website and i kept getting this error The file "Files\unconditional\user\Data\enUS\Interface\Cinematics\WOW_Intro_1024.avi" in archive "D:\Installer Tome 4.mpq" could not be opened, because an error 104 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::OpenFromArchive) I also turned off UAC but is Windows...
July 14th 08 11:15 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 277
Problems whit Gears of War by JJR[_2_]
Hi! I bought the Gears of War in PC and instalation works very well. But when I started playing then suddenly the game shut down and error massage jumped on the screen. Here is that message: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: wargame-g4wlive.exe Application Version: 1.0.3329.131 Applicationa Timestamp: ...
July 14th 08 09:03 PM
by damocles[_9_] Go to last post
1 288
Everything's Ran in a Window... by Raiden1803
for some reason most of the games i have installed in vista run in a window by default. atleast with games like crysis and mass effect, i am able to correct the issue and just tell it to go full screen in the game. the only one i havent been able too do this with is assassin's creed. so far it's just stuck in a 1680x1050 Window. anyone have a idea why its defaulting all my games to...
July 14th 08 04:58 PM
by Raiden1803 Go to last post
2 300
MMOG Problems by djdeck3
I'm having some wierd problems with my online games on my computer.:( Im runnning on Vista....so i download a game and play it fine the first time, but when i play it again the next day, it doesn't work. Sometimes it freezes, shuts down, etc. So I was wondering *_IF_* there is anything I can do to stop this. -- djdeck3
July 14th 08 03:27 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 272
Games on Vista by honeysbunny
Everytime I try to get to any aol or pogo games on vista,, It gives me an error message , cannot connect to server.
July 14th 08 03:24 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 254
No Desktop Icons/ Startup Selection by RainStryke
Every time I install a game now I can't get a desktop icon. I try to make one through the start menu but can't find the damn thing ANYWERE. Ive had this problem with the following: Crysis Frontlines Fules of War Asassin's Creed Gears of War The only way I can run them is if I have the disk. It recognizes it when I
July 14th 08 03:22 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
4 324
pc video games by daniel
Hy i dont know if this is the propr place to ask but?.Im a gamer and i was wondering if most new pc games will work on vista.Any help would b kool ty -- rock and roll
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 08 03:12 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
14 443
FREECELL by Catfish[_2_]
How do I delete a saved game, I can not beat it , it is at a stalemate. -- Catfish
July 14th 08 02:53 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 258
CUBE 3D PROBLEM by DUALS
WHEN I TRY TO START NASCAR SLIM RACING I GET CUBE 3D PROBLEM, ANY SUGGESTIONS IVE HAD THIS GAME FOR TWO YEARS AND HAVE YET TO PLAY IT
July 13th 08 09:36 AM
by MrBurns Go to last post
2 263
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow Vista Crash! by Megatron33
Hello Everybody! When I start Pandora Tomorrow Singleplayer, I see the intro scene, I get to the Main Menu, create a profile, I click Start Game, then the loading screen shows up, but then suddenly my game crashes to my deskup with the message, "splintercell2.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a...
July 12th 08 10:55 PM
by Dauphin de Viennois Go to last post
1 295
Freecell "re-play" option not on Vista by notoma
On previous Windows, I have been able to replay a Freecell game that I could not win by depressing Ctrl/Alt/F10 & the same game would re-appear without a loss.....so, I could replay it until I won it without so many losses. I am unable to do this on Vista. Is there a way?
July 12th 08 04:58 PM
by notoma Go to last post

From The