Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Playing Maple Story by Making my window compatible to games
How can i make my computer compatible to maple story? Because when i try to play it, there is always a pop-up that tells me that i can't play maple because my window isnt compatible. I want to know if there is a way to fix this problem. Can someone help me?? I have windows vista and the maple requirement is windows xp. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me. Thanks
September 23rd 07 03:50 AM
by KID-CYCO-69[_2_] Go to last post
4 325
Add cheat code to Shortcut target? by NCLorax
How do you add a cheat code to a target in a short cut. Example I want to add +set monkeytoy 0 +set sv_cheats 1 to the Call of Duty game short cut "C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\CoDSP.exe" In Xp I would just add it at the end "C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\CoDSP.exe+set monkeytoy 0 +set sv_cheats 1" but in Vista Ultima 64 it tells...
September 22nd 07 02:46 PM
by Kris[_3_] Go to last post
1 277
Directx 10 enabled? by Safa
Hi I have a vaio laptop AR-350 which comes with windows vista home premium and Nvidia Ge force 7600. Here is my problem: Some games like Bioshock have an option to use Directx 10. But on my computer these options are always turned off. In the game manual it says this option is available when Directx 10 in enabled. I checked the Directx Diagnostic tool and it shows Directx 10!!! Is there...
September 21st 07 08:25 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
3 327
Rumored Crysis Min Specs by Andy [YaYa]
http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-individual/story/Crysis_Minimum_Specs_Revealed/ Games Almighty just posted this little snibbit/rumor about Crysis. This news doesn't suprise me at all, basically they are saying Crysis will run on nVidia 6800GT and ATi 9800SE cards, and up (of course). Beautiful game, but nice to know that joe-average-user can play it as well. This game will make the...
September 21st 07 08:17 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
0 273
SLI Problem by Shawn Malligan[_2_]
Hello I am using two Albatron 8880GTS 320mb cards in SLI mode. When I try to play Railroads or Civilisation 4 (any of them) I get two white stripes and and an SLI sign on the left side of the screen during bootup and the game. It disappears when I return to the desktop. I have used the official latest Vista Nvidia Drivers and the three beta ones released since 162.22. If I switch from SLI to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 21st 07 05:12 PM
by Peter Lawton Go to last post
11 625
Games automatically minimize and stay that way after updates by Bunktacular
I just updated after about 3 weeks or so of being offline, and now when I try to start a game, it automatically minimizes. When I try to restore it, it goes back, and never actually SHOWS the game. This happens with every full screen game I try. (So far Simpsosn hit and run, freedom fighters) Whats going on here? I've tried restarting and running in compatibility modes. I've had no real issues...
September 21st 07 02:48 PM
by Mark Go to last post
2 262
Texas Hold 'em by domersi
What about Texas hold'm games with vista?
September 21st 07 05:22 AM
by alltheway[_19_] Go to last post
4 286
Light gun on Vista? by Rafael[_3_]
Hi! I love shooting games with light guns! Does anybody know a light gun compatible with Vista 64???? For those that may like this kind of game, MAME runs a lot of this kind of games! Thanks!
September 20th 07 09:38 PM
by Rafael[_3_] Go to last post
2 291
Fifa 2007 Screen Cut Of by KALISPIMENTA[_2_]
In vista 64 fifa 2007 runs with the screen cut of.Any ideas? -- KALISPIMENTA
September 20th 07 01:23 PM
by KALISPIMENTA[_5_] Go to last post
2 294
games in vista by dnlagger
I have the package of games that came with vista. I saved a game of mahjong, and even though I finished the game later, a dialog window box opens every time I start mahjong asking if I want to continue the saved game. How do I stop the annoying reminder? Can I convince the game that game has finally ended?
September 20th 07 01:02 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 241
Minesweeper Stats by Jordan
When I used to play Minesweeper, the stats came up after each game ended, but that randomly stopped happening. Now when a game finishes a box pops up asking if I want to play again, but there are no stats. How do I get the stats to reappear? Thanks.
September 20th 07 12:10 AM
by Jordan Go to last post
0 252
Display driver problem? by Chessnut
Hi Halo 2 for VISTA, cant get past the opening credits. With Halo1 combat evolved. When I reach the mission after the "silent Cartographer, my screen freezes up, then it goes to black, then back to the game..,… and the message appears: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". Then another messages appears: "Attempt to reset the display driver failed, windows will shut down...
September 19th 07 09:00 PM
by Chessnut Go to last post
7 316
Direct X10 graphics cards incompatible with DirectX 10.1 by Dave H
This is outrageous if true. http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Drops-the-Bomb-DirectX-10-Hardware-Won-039-t-Support-DirectX-10-1-62482.shtml Lets hope that developerstell Microsoft where to get off by chucking this Direct X 10.1 in the trash can where it belongs
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 07 07:25 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
18 497
Star wars Galaxies slow to update by jorge00872
i have downloaded the game SWG and when it updates it takes 12 hours or longer. i called them for help and they said i need to open ports, but they wont tell me how. can anyone help me
September 19th 07 07:22 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 303
New PC- Windows Vista or XP Pro?? by Scopes
hey all, basically i need some advice. I am purchasing a new gaming machine and i need to know which OS to choose, i have experienced XP Pro and know that near enough all games work on it. However, can anyone give some advice and information as to what Windows Vista is like? -Is it better for games? Is there any difference? -Any bugs invloved with gaming and Vista?
September 19th 07 07:04 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
6 321
Vista business games by Tim
Hi I have followed the intructions for turning on the windows games by going to control panel then programs and turn windows features on or off. Once I select that I want games I click ok. It then tells me to please wait while features are configured. Then the box dissapears and nothing has ben completed. Any ideas what is going wrong??? Thanks, -Tim
September 18th 07 11:52 PM
by Tim Go to last post
5 286
Vista Games by MSK
How to install wwe-raw game in windows vista home. does it work on this os "Zack Whittaker" wrote: You'll get Shangai Solitaire, Purple Place (some crazy mind-trip game where you make pies or something), Chess, New Solitaire, New FreeCell, and Minesweeper. There are no other games that come shipped with Vista, but other games from different manufacturers will be available :o)
September 18th 07 08:58 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 345
XP games to Vista by dpickle
Diablo 2 Works fine with retail version, but latest patch breaks sound. let me know if you come by an answer please let me know as i would like to load my saved games...they are all based on the patch.it would be cool if i could find a way around that. "Paul Smith" wrote: "Rasmus Bertelsen" wrote in message ...
September 18th 07 05:40 PM
by MSK Go to last post
2 637
Bioshock help! by Darkaub
Help! I thought I would be ok with this game but can't get it to run. Have Vista Premium 32 bit, Nvidia 8800gtx, 2mb ram etc etc. Downloaded all patches and drivers, reinstalled directx but can only get to game start screen. Can faintly see game loading screen but nothing loads. Any ideas anyone??? Davo
September 17th 07 09:27 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
7 469
xp to vista programs by Patty star
is it safe to run a Xp game/program on vista? is there a chance that a older game that is suited for Xp will damage the vista operating system?
September 17th 07 06:29 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post

From The