Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
EMAIL PROBS by Adrian
Hi had to install a new wireless modem, now I can receive only some incoming mail, and cannot send any outgoing email. This error message is showing... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'St. Matthew's Centre', Account: 'Adrian Perks', Server:...
June 17th 10 03:10 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 272
can't receive e-mails by allycat98230
When I try to receive emails I get a security box appear asking me for my user name and password. I type in the information, the box disappears only to reappear a few seconds later. An error message then appears - Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR login failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:...
June 17th 10 03:07 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 275
outlook express by Camilla[_2_]
When I came home my outlook express didn't exist any more.Instead Windows Mail is installed.What is happening with my e mail adress?and all the rest? Please help me.I need to work C
June 17th 10 02:55 PM
by Mark Elmy Go to last post
6 325
Cancel and clear. by jim matson
how do i cancel this mail and clear all existing items. Jim Matson.
June 17th 10 11:34 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 282
email not showing up in Windows Mail now that I added it to my pho by steve_s02
I have been getting my email flawlessly on Windows Mail for over a year. Recently, I added the same email address to my phone so I could read my email when I was not home. When I read them on my phone during the day, they are not also on my desktop Windows Mail anymore. I can not find any setting in the Windows Mail to keep the messages on the server. There must be a way to have the same...
June 17th 10 10:58 AM
by Mark Elmy Go to last post
2 247
Windows Mail by Sly
I have windows Vista. As I never use outlook express it did not bother me that I did not have it until recently. I now need the use of Outlook Express(windows mail) but I do not have the program. It was not included with my pc when I bought it and is not in the Vista package. Just recently I bought Microsoft Office 2007 and it has the UPGRADE for outlook but not the original program. When I...
June 17th 10 10:54 AM
by Mark Elmy Go to last post
7 376
windows mail by johnt
how do i set up the smtp and pop servers for my computer
June 17th 10 12:02 AM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 238
Will not send by B-man
My email has been working fine all day and now it won't let me send anything using WindowMail from Comcast.net. This is my error can anyone help me please???????? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems...
June 16th 10 08:44 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 213
The Server could not be found. by Sychman
I have being trying to access news groups in Windows Mail. After subscribing to groups I get the following message when trying to connect. The Server could not be found. Configuration Account: msnews.microsoft.comrich Server: msnews.microsoft.comrich
June 16th 10 08:25 PM
by Dave N9 Go to last post
2 271
Having Windows Live Mail also accessible on net by searcher
I use Windows Live Mail as my email pop3 account for mail. My question is why, when I go to another computer, use the net, go to WLM, use the same name and password, do I not find the same emails, saved to be able to access them while away from home? 2nd Question: What is the address to access the Microsoft forums that are replacing their newsgroup service?
June 16th 10 08:07 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
8 266
Hi by Leif Christiansen
Wich kind of adress can be used here.? Leif Christiansen
June 16th 10 03:17 PM
by Dave N9 Go to last post
3 248
"Warning: The signature file specified is not a valid text-file." by alex001
Dear Windows Mail users, I am trying to insert a new electronic signature in my email but i keep receiving the message "Warning: The signature file specified is not a valid text-file." Sure it is not a text file, there is a picture in it, which is the logo of the company where I work...I have spent days now trying to sort this problem out but with no results...I tried saving it in word, XMS,...
June 16th 10 12:14 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
4 289
cant delete outbox email by debby
I was trying to send an email that is toooo big. Every time I go to my outbox to delete, I freeze my system. Window Mail stops responding. Help
June 16th 10 12:12 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 304
Retrieving old mail by Nick
wondering if anyone can help? my boss is looking for an old email he sent a while back, but when we upgraded his laptop and took all his old emails onto the laptop via windows mail, it never brought in all the sent items and therefore he couldnt find the one he was looking for. does anyone know how to backdate further with windows live, or who i should contact at msn to see if the email can...
June 16th 10 12:10 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 345
Uncontrolled scrolling in Windows Mail by I-Hate-Vista
HELP!! My Windows Mail (V6.0.6000.16386 running on Vista) suddenly has started freaking out. When I open it, or when I click to open an email, it begins madly scrolling from the newest emails to the oldest. It will stop if I click on the reropen email but trying to stop it in any other way doesn't work. If I'm deleting emails, it will let me go from one to the next, but if I try skipping...
June 16th 10 02:24 AM
by James Hall Go to last post
4 433
e-mail by Nancy Blair
I'm having problems setting up my vista e-mail account. I'm confused. My husband just installed verizon fios as our internet provider. I don't know what he did, although he has a user ID and a passcode. I don't know if I should use his user name and password, or can I use my own. If I can set up my own, how do I find my POP3 and server?
June 16th 10 12:06 AM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 323
"No message found" by Lily
When I am sent a message and click on the sender I get the " No message Found" or Error Unknown
June 16th 10 12:01 AM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
3 253
e-mail by branmuffin30
I cant get my e-mails sent or received b/c Im not sure what the hell im doing! I triedIMAP but that didnt wk. Now I dont no how to change the setting or what to change it too? -- Always & Forever
June 15th 10 09:13 PM
by Dave N9 Go to last post
1 237
Please Help - download doesn't make this work...Windows Mail by dk
One or more messages in your Outbox do not have a valid account specified." dk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 15th 10 07:32 PM
by No Name Go to last post
35 876
Windows Mails Suddenly Not Working Right by Andrea
I have been using Windows Mail for my e-mail for over a year now. I have comcast e-mail and have it set up going through windows mail to make it easier. I just today am having problems sending mail via links. (i.e. responding to craigslist, etc.) I am getting the error "Windows Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Mail message store. Your windows...
June 15th 10 04:49 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post

From The