Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
won't send messages by amy
I keep trying to send a message but I get an error saying that my server can not be found with my email address that I have with windows. How can I get my messages to send?
June 9th 10 02:05 PM
by ronpeters Go to last post
6 380
Can anyone resolve this for me? by Darren
An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.junctionfestival.com', Server: 'mail.junctionfestival.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 I have checked settings, done a system restore and reboot my computer so far??
June 9th 10 08:58 AM
by mac Go to last post
5 314
Windows Vista Mail bcc Not Sending by Jenny[_3_]
I can enter names into the bcc field but the message does not get sent to those names?
June 9th 10 08:47 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 254
Renaming your password by Cassandra
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of...
June 9th 10 02:07 AM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 254
e-mail by Lyn[_3_]
Why do I keep receiving the same e-mails? I have it set up to delete the e-mail off the server after 2 days, I read the e-mail and then delete it. Then I will receive the same e-mail, along with new e-mails days later, sometimes even e-mails that are a month old will come through again.
June 8th 10 10:31 PM
by ACER Go to last post
2 322
empty replies by jo2cat
I have Vista windows mail, lately my replies are empty. Also recently having trouble printing. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
June 8th 10 12:12 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 288
Outbox do not send messages by cmch
I cant send email because my Outbox has a message that "message could not be sent. An error has occurred". What can I do to purge this email in order to send messags?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 8th 10 12:10 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
146 2,896
Sending Emails by JD
I am currently visiting a family memeber who has ATT internet. I can receive emails fine, as well do anything on the internet. However I can not send a single email. I have read the board but have not seen any solutions which help my situation. I am using windows mail (Vista) my email account is with Yahoo. My port is set on 25. error message The connection to the server has failed....
June 8th 10 02:52 AM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
6 331
email problems by dee
I am getting the following error message when I try to acces my email. Please advise. Thank you. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005
June 7th 10 05:15 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
7 259
Can anyone help me send mail? Please. by Carib210
This is the error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: Thermal Cat Mat', Account: 'Home', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
June 7th 10 03:09 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 259
Spell Check by Eleanor Evans
How do I install or activate spell check? I have Vista Is there a better program than Vista, if so what?
June 7th 10 01:44 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
5 233
Error when opening mail by SP2 help
I get the following error message when I open my mail and don't know where to start to correct this. Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
June 7th 10 01:41 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 261
bericht is te groot om te verzenden by Margriet
Ik wil een bericht versturen met als bijlage een videofilmpje. Nu lukt het verzenden niet. Windows mail geeft aan dat het bericht te groot is om te verzenden. Hoe krijg ik het wel voor elkaar? Alvast bedankt Margriet
June 7th 10 01:31 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 315
2 e-mail accounts thru microsoft- by jsleonard
i HAVE 2 E-MAIL ACCOUNTS THRU MICROSOFT- 1-MICROSOFT OUTLOOK AND THE OTHER IS MICROSOFT LIVE. BOTH HAVE THE SAME ADDRESS. I CANNOT GET THE ACCOUNTS TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. tHE MICROSOFT LIVE ACCOUNT ONLY RECEIVES E-MAILS FROM MICROSOFT AND IF I TRY TO SEND SOMETHING FROM WORD THAT IS WHERE IT GOES AND i CANNOT SEND IT ANYWHERE. plEASE HELP WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE FOR...
June 7th 10 01:28 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 289
Windows Mail Will Not Start Error Message: (0x8004104E) by FadingVisions
Hi, okay well I cannot get windows mail to start it will come up with these error messages, I've restarted it, but still won't work. This happend 3 days ago, before then everything was working, can anyone please help me out? Here are the Error messages: This application has failed to start because CRYPTUI.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem. Windows Mail...
June 7th 10 12:24 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
2 289
Username and Password by MaysonDonlon
I keep trying to Send/Receive mail and the Username/Password screen keeps popping up. I have had no problems until the past few days, and have had this account for over a year. I tried going to the "Tools", "Accounts", "Servers" tabs and changing the password, but I keep getting this message: Account: 'imap.gmail.com', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR ...
June 7th 10 11:45 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 253
setting up email by Renee' Carden
Does anyone know how to: 1. Set up or re-set your Windows Vista email account? Thank you, Renee' Carden
June 6th 10 08:44 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 255
Opening Attachments (mainly Word documents) from Mail. by act2003
I am having a problem with trying to open Word Documents from Mail. When ever I try to open the attachment I get an error message that specifies the following: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Association control planel." I have made this correction in the Set Assocaition control panel, but the error message...
June 6th 10 06:12 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 247
Can not send email by kthomas1228
I am unable to send emails, but can receive them. I get the following error. Your advice to another person with this error was to reinstall antivirus. I am using the same antivirus I have used for the past year. Never interfered with my email before. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long...
June 6th 10 04:17 PM
by No Name Go to last post
4 299
sending a video by sinaj
I am in window movie maker and want to send a short video to someone. How do I do this? I typically use yahoo mail. It is asking for incoming server and outgoing server. Where do I find this information. Is this possible to do?
June 6th 10 02:43 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post

From The