Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Links to websites aren't working in Windows mail by Steve Cochran
Go to Control Panel | Default Programs | Associate a file type or protocol with a program. Then page down to the protocols and find the HTTP (and HTTPS) and set that to IE and then see if that fixes it. steve "Don Sepanski" wrote in message ... For some reason, links to websites have stopped working in Windows Mail. As far as...
June 6th 10 11:20 AM
by Don Sepanski[_2_] Go to last post
3 252
Windows Mail by Jim Rogers
I do not know how to set up windows mail. I have Windows Vista. My home page is Charter.net. & I also receive my e-mails from there also. Would like to be able to us Windos Mail also. Would you be kind enough to e-mail me on how to set this up? Thanks Jim Rogers
June 6th 10 09:02 AM
by itbay1 Go to last post
3 361
Sometimes can't send emails from motels by Primo Man
No problem sending emails from home, McD's wifi, Starbucks, etc. but can't send from some motels. Any suggestions? Thanks. -- Primo Man
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 6th 10 04:33 AM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
21 728
cant send nessages. errror messgae by kristi89
I recieve this error message when trying to send e-mails. I can recieve them fine An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '503 5.5.2 Only one STARTTLS command can be issued per session', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 503, Error Number: 0x800CCC65 can someone please help me
June 6th 10 04:32 AM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
5 339
cannot recieve mail, Error message. by Michelle E.
Please help Cannot send or recieve messages.this message pops up: Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
June 6th 10 04:29 AM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 284
Can't send emails by Patsy
What can I do the eliminate this problem?
June 6th 10 12:52 AM
by Bob Go to last post
2 309
Email by bkruse
My husband and I run off of a wireless router. For about two weeks now, I get his mail and he gets none. I have a desktop that serves as our mainframe, all of my mail goes to that computer instead of my laptop.
June 6th 10 12:50 AM
by Bob Go to last post
3 369
cant send e-mails by Kelli
when i try to send emails i get this error message please help
June 5th 10 06:22 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
4 451
lost my group contact button by Dave P
I have a couple of groups in my windows mail contact list, but cannot seem to create a new one. The help item says to open "New Contact Group", but that does not appear in the list under new.......where did it go..how do I get it back?
June 5th 10 05:24 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 444
Trouble sending MULTIPLE emails by Leo
keep getting this error message The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The...
June 5th 10 01:44 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 380
Mail stops working when trying to edit a contact by John A
When attempting to delete, edit or look at any Contacts I get a "Windows Explorer has Stopped Working - Windows is Checking for a Solution to the Problem". It cannot find a solution then closes Windows Mail". What can I do? I am tring to clean up my Contact List by deleing out dated email addresses. Thanks, John
June 5th 10 01:41 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 241
can't receive mail by Kathryn[_2_]
I can send email just fine but I cannot receive. It hasn't always been like this and it is so frustrating. I have tried everything from disabling my antivirus software, restarting my email account and calling my local email company 3 times. Here is the error message that I am receiving: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server...
June 5th 10 01:26 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 244
Contents of Windows Mail folders disappeared. Help please.... by RonInRI
Hi.... I use Windows Mail on Vista Home Premium; and a POP3 email client (a small regional company...not a well-known one). On my Windows Mail page I have about 30 folders where I click and drag messages I want to keep long-term or short-term. I have a new iPod Touch and am learning how to set it up for email etc. There is no email program set up on this iPod yet. While the iPod was...
June 5th 10 06:48 AM
by ws Go to last post
5 381
error on sending email by Inger
hi, I keep getting the message below when I try to send email. There is no problem receiving emails. Any suggestions on what I should do? Tilkoblingen til serveren mislyktes. Emne 'ny mailboks', Konto: 'epost.telenor.no', Server: 'smtp.online.no', Protokoll: SMTP, Port: 25, Sikker (SSL): Nei, Kontaktfeil: 10013, Feilkode: 0x800CCC0E
June 4th 10 08:27 PM
by Tina Franklin - Buyer Go to last post
2 261
Contact Group List - How do I email this to someone as an attachme by Vic33
Thanks if you can help with this inquiry. Am assuming the contact group list is a particular file that I can attach? Where do I find this ?
June 4th 10 08:23 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 201
Mail met Zip-bestand niet versturen by Marjolein
Ik heb van foto's en filmpjes een Zip bestandje gemaakt als ik dit wil versturen krijg ik de foutmelding: Kan het bericht niet verzenden. Er is onvoldoende geheugen. Welk geheugen? Snappen jullie er wat van? Ik niet!
June 4th 10 02:01 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
1 252
Spam file by George Fellner[_2_]
I get a lot of messages from people in my address book which go into the spam file. How can I avouid this?
June 4th 10 01:46 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
4 211
Joseph Chafin Car by GG Bella
Jimmy Here is the picture of the decal . Car Pistone. Trailer striping is 2007 Haulmark.. Tell me if you need picture..
June 4th 10 11:32 AM
by GG Bella Go to last post
0 228
Incoming email shows foreign letters rather than quotes, etc. by Laurajw
I've got Vista. Some English characters such as an apostrophe are replaced with, say, letters such as an A topped by little circle. It's most punctuation that's altered. What gives, what's causing them and how do I prevent them? Thanks!
June 4th 10 04:55 AM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post
3 215
Importing contacts into specific folder by chefcindy
I would like to be able to import a csv contact file from another program into a specific folder in Windows Mail, rather than have them dumped into all of my exiting contacts. Is that possible?
June 3rd 10 07:27 PM
by Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\) Go to last post

From The