Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
MARK CONRAD HAS BEEN JOINED BY T- Subject goes here douche bag. by Philo P. Shagnasty
"Mark Conrad" wrote in message ... In article , andy t wrote: Now I'm not putting any more bees in my vocabulary no matter how many more variations you put on screen You should put your head up your ass where it belongs. Just FYI.
February 7th 10 11:39 PM
by Philo P. Shagnasty Go to last post
0 330
Need External Hard Drive Recommendations by [email protected]
I want an external hard drive at least 1TB in capacity. I have been reading the reviews and they are all over the place. Some professional reviewers rate some of them very good but individual users rate them from excellent to poor (on the same drive). Some say thet're quiet and some say they're noisy. Most users say their drive broke down either out of the box or within one to three months. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 10 08:28 PM
by Steven L.[_2_] Go to last post
20 735
How to check if activated by churin
How can I check if my Windows Vista is activated or not?
February 7th 10 08:13 PM
by Death Go to last post
6 332
February 7th 10 07:24 PM
by andy t Go to last post
0 304
Removing shadow from text under icons by Marius - Roma
My question is related to Windows 7. I post here as I don't see any more specific newsgroup... I configured the desktop theme as Windows Classic with a white solid background. I see the text under the desktop icons as white shadowed. How can I configure the text under icons to be simply black, wihtout any shadow? I see the same problem even using other desktop background solid colors... What...
February 7th 10 06:39 PM
by Joe Morris Go to last post
2 343
Disable Windows Defender by Scott
I am using Symantec end point protection antivirus program that seems to conflict with Windows Defender. Can someone advise me how to disable it as Symantec antivirus cannot enable fully. Thanks!
February 7th 10 10:58 AM
by brummyfan Go to last post
2 284
Why speech recognition is unpopular with personal computer users by John Doe[_10_]
Mark Conrad wrote: mmarkoe wrote: a very civil on-subject post. Hi Marty, refreshing to hear from someone like you who does not engage in personal attacks. Only when he is spamming without resistance. Marty/Martin Markoe usually does not engage in direct personal attacks, he uses sock puppets for that.
February 7th 10 06:32 AM
by John Doe[_10_] Go to last post
0 252
Why speech recognition is unpopular with personal computer users by andy t
"Mark Conrad" wrote in message ... In article , andy t wrote: Well that makes us kind of even, doesn't it.
February 7th 10 06:24 AM
by John Doe[_10_] Go to last post
6 305
Why speech recognition is unpopular with personal computer users by John Doe[_10_]
Mark Conrad wrote: Stan Starinski China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo wrote: Well, Conrad is promoting Dragon Naturally Speaking, not WSR Actually, I promote all modern general-purpose speech recognition app, including WSR, DNS, MacSpeech.
February 7th 10 06:19 AM
by John Doe[_10_] Go to last post
0 346
compatibility with vista by FlashmanLeo
I just bought a new laptop and the sales guy tells me I cant use my existing MS Office 2003 software from my XP machine on the new Vista laptop, can anyone confirm this it true. I find confusing arguments for and against
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 10 05:00 AM
by name-a-rooni Go to last post
23 796
Startup menu in Windows7 by Erik Fuyu
Hi, where di I find the Startup menu in Windows 7? -- Thank you for your help, Erik W7 x64
February 6th 10 07:08 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
3 321
Windows Blinking by Marlon
Around the time I recieved the new updates today, the edges on my windows started blinking. It also effects text boxes. Everytime it blinks, whether or not I have a window open, it closes my start menu when I try to use the search bar. It also stops me when I am trying to select a bunch of files or applications. Is there anyone else with this problem, or knows how to fix it.
February 6th 10 07:01 PM
by krt Go to last post
8 409
No Restore Point Created at Startup by JoeJoe2
As part of my research into the event viewer not starting, system restore did not work proprtly either. I think I read somewhere where SR depends on the event viewer. Is your event viewer working? -- JoeJoe2
February 6th 10 03:45 PM
by Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Go to last post
1 292
Why does Mark Conrad keep putting his foot in his mouth? by Mark Conrad[_6_]
In article , andy t wrote: on about by keeping on saying "document scanning feature." I believe I know what you are on about now. I believe what you are referring to is the feature in 'Speech Properties' within the 'Advanced speech options' section of 'Speech Recognition' in the control panel. If this is what...
February 6th 10 03:01 AM
by Mark Conrad[_6_] Go to last post
2 305
Strange Taskbar Problem by Plymouthguy
I normally set up my taskbar two rows in heighth with the quick launch icons on the far left. This leaves the middle section for the "open tabs". I recently did a clean reinstall (restored an image) and somewhere in that process or the ensuing windows updates, the taskbar layout got all screwed up and I am unable to make it right. This is what is there now (with the task bar unlocked so...
February 6th 10 02:05 AM
by webster72n Go to last post
6 325
Folder view wont stick when changed by Skyman
I try to set the folder view of the DVD rom drive to large icons, but it always reverts back to detail view. Where can I go in the registry to make my change permanent. The "apply to folders" folder view button seems to have no affect. Hope you can find a fix for me!
February 5th 10 11:42 PM
by Skyman Go to last post
0 272
I have never been so upset with MS in my life... by Rob[_27_]
I absolutley cannot believe this.... Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario... A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista SP1 from the Windows update.... No, that cannot be right I say.... I'll be right over....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 5th 10 04:18 PM
by Plymouthguy Go to last post
28 595
Wait for finishing a logout script before logging out / shuttingdown by Jake
Hi, From win7pro I need to run a 3rd party file synch application (mysynch.exe) from a vbs script invoked from a domain GPO's User Logoff Script folder. Is the user has selected Shut Down instead of Log Off, the script would actually run when windows has started the process of shutting down. Hence I wonder how to call mysynch.exe from my vbs script ensuring that windows waits until this...
February 5th 10 09:10 AM
by Jake Go to last post
0 270
Nothing updates except Firefox. by QuakerBits
I got a pretty big problem here, or I think it's big because I can't find a solution to it what so ever. So here's what's going on, I'll just mention my issues, if you need to know what happened that triggered this I'll explain the whole virus problem. So as of now, nothing on my computer that I'm aware of can connect to the internet/or update except Firefox. All my AV programs fail to connect...
February 5th 10 03:33 AM
by Nil[_3_] Go to last post
3 355
Windows Explorer is not responding - Is SP1 the fix? by Chuck
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, and sorry in advance for the tome. I have searched the forum but have been unable to find an issue closely related to mine as far as I can tell. PC: I have a stock Dell Dimension DXPO61, 3GB Memory (RAM) (I did add 2GB when I bought it May 2007): Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 250GB drive with 144GB free, 32-bit Operating System (Vista...
February 4th 10 07:39 PM
by alexz Go to last post

From The