Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Changed keyboard keys,messed up now cant login to vista by barmykev
Hi all This is not a proud thing to admit but i have changed the layout of the keys onmy keyboard but i must of left a few letters out.without checking i had done them all right the programm said for changed to make place restart your computer which i did,now the problem i know my password to log into vist but with the keys changed i dont know which is where--- stop laughing... so my problem is i...
February 23rd 10 05:54 PM
by Gene E. Bloch[_4_] Go to last post
5 447
Need web cam info by The Learner
Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks.
February 23rd 10 04:04 PM
by The Learner Go to last post
6 353
Shared Windows Calendar across home network by Jan :\)[_53_]
Hi all, Vista Ultimate SP2 32 Bit I would like to know if it is possible to subscribe to a shared Windows Calendar on one machine by all my machines across my home network by subscribing to the one Calendar .ICS. I have shared the Windows calendar on the one machine and published the calendar to a folder on my Data drive that is accessible to all machines via the home network. The other drives...
February 23rd 10 02:40 PM
by Jan :\)[_57_] Go to last post
7 390
Cannot copy and paste font by tempgal
Hi -- I just discovered that I am unable to copy and paste a font. The computer that has the font runs Vista 64 bit. Have tried right-clicking and the Organize function. When I try, the Copy function is present but when I attempt to paste to another location on the same computer so that I can eventually email the font as an attachment, the Paste function is grayed out. Tried it on a...
February 22nd 10 11:35 PM
by Gene E. Bloch[_4_] Go to last post
5 522
accessing the internet - wireless by Uzidengineer
Hi, Sony Vaio with Vista is connected wirelessly to a HOME network. It can access all other computers. Any one of them can access the Interment. This one does not. At work, this computer CAN access the Internet (while wirelessly connected to the COMPANY network)
February 22nd 10 11:29 PM
by Gene E. Bloch[_4_] Go to last post
2 273
Quicklaunch icons by KRK
hello, The Quicklaunch Icons (in the lower LH corner of the taskbar) have suddenly started apearing in a different order. I don't think I have deliberately re-arranged them, and they all seem to be there. What might I have done ?? Thanks KK
February 22nd 10 03:08 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 259
Email by Dolores Flores
I didn't know that there was an email feature in windows vista. I will always go to yahoo to send an email.
February 22nd 10 02:26 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 306
How to defragment pagefile.sys? by Oppie[_3_]
Vista home basic Windows' built-in defragmenter has not been doing too well. Tried running Defraggler http://www.piriform.com/defraggler This is working much better and gives a graphical window with the progress. What I see is that C:\pagefile.sys is hugely fragmented (1.5G and 500 fragments). This file seems to not to be able to be defragmented. Sort of makes sense since it is an important...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 10 10:26 AM
by Duncan McCormack Go to last post
16 725
RunDLL by nondas
"When I open the computer, a window appears showing "RunDLL error loading, the specified module could not be found at Users/........" If the module is neccessary what should I do to install it, or if it is of now use how can I stop the message appearing, when opening the computer. Nondas
February 22nd 10 09:42 AM
by Jon Go to last post
1 301
email by Dolores Flores
I didn't know that windows vista had an email feature I dont need to go to the internet to send a message.
February 22nd 10 04:23 AM
by Dolores Flores Go to last post
0 327
Vista Ultimate Windows Error Recovery Loop by Blackadder XXIV
I have an Asus Lamborghini VX2S. Intel Core Duo, Nvidia 8800GTS, . Yesterday, my computer has crashed due to a sleep mode error. It came preinstalled with Vista Ultimate. I was not issued with an OEM disk but was given the Asustek Recovery Disk. All patches and software upgrades done. It worked flawlessly when I first took it - except in one respect.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 10 03:14 AM
by ih8_vista Go to last post
15 494
Recently Opened Programs Bug by goorambatman
Problem There is a problem with some short cuts in the list of shortcuts in ‘Recently Opened Programs’ in Windows Vista’s Start Menu. Some of these Shortcuts wont open, all Microsoft Office shortcuts don’t work. When I click on them I get no response, nothing happens. Observations When I look at the properties of the shortcuts that don’t open I notice that the target field is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 22nd 10 03:03 AM
by Zomby88[_2_] Go to last post
24 622
Can't open any yahoo webpage and cant connect to yahoo messenger. by maebee90
None of my browsers will open yahoo web pages. Before i got a virtual runtime error from yahoo messenger but then it went away. I was able to log on and then after a few hours it logged me off and now yahoo wont let me sign in. Please help...would really appreciate it! -- maebee90
February 22nd 10 02:24 AM
by maebee90 Go to last post
2 276
Windows resume loader by simon kemp
I have newly bought a computer with loaded windows vista home premium which worked fine up until it was put into sleep mode. When restarted after sleep mode "windows resume loader" appears on black screen and the keyboard does not respond. After switching the computer on and off quickly I can get into the bios where the keyboard does respond but if try going back to boot from hard drive again it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 10 02:24 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
11 802
Start Menu won't launch applications by JP
I have a strange problem where some of my applications listed on the list of recently used programs (seen when clicking the start button) won't launch when clicked. I thought it was only Microsoft Office applications but today I noticed Adobe wouldn't launch. For those apps that don't launch, I have to go to All Programs and then find the application. I have never seen or heard of this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 22nd 10 02:01 AM
by Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Go to last post
21 1,794
Blue screen & reboots after updates by Gary[_3_]
Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer 4420 laptop was working fine up until Wednesday morning. I installed about a dozen updates and ever since then I've had the computer crash randomly but regularly when I have IE8 open. I get a fairly quick blue screen message and then the system reboots without anyone telling it to. If I simply have the computer running but do not have IE8 running it...
February 21st 10 09:06 PM
by Gary[_3_] Go to last post
6 442
Internet Traffic Control Software ? by Patrick
I find that whenever I download stuff from the Internet, my browser (no matter IE 8 or Firefox) is not able to connect to the Internet (Get error message like: Network is not available). A fellow has suggested me to use an Internet Traffic Control Software to set different priority to download and web browsing. I would like to seek your advice for such product. If it is possible, it will...
February 21st 10 07:44 PM
by Patrick Go to last post
2 299
Vista will not wake up from sleep mode by T&V Seitz
Vista will go into sleep mode Ok, and initially I was able to get it to recover from sleep mode properly. Then I added an additional gig of ram, for a total of 2. I have an Acer ase 380 PC. After adding the ram, the PC will no longer recover from sleep, neither mouse nor video comes back on. Any ideas would be appreciated
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 21st 10 05:28 PM
by Bob Go to last post
34 986
hosts file by Fanor P.
Hi all, After I modified HOSTS file in another directory I can not replace the one on windows/system32/drivers/etc. He account I use is administrator. I have windows vista home premiun SP1. By the way a virus altered HOSTS file and can not connect to internet with firefox, I added 127.0.0.1 to the file in order to make it work. Thanks a lot for any help.
February 21st 10 04:32 PM
by db Go to last post
6 379
system tray anomoly by kwilliams
Vista HP sp2 and up to date . Recently the volume and network icons disappear from the systray. sometimes afgter a reboot one or another return but not always. They are "greyed out" in start menu. has anyone any idea what is causing this and how to remedy the problem. I have tried Brink's suggestions on his site but do not have group policy editor and cannot find any reference to...
February 21st 10 03:18 PM
by Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Go to last post

From The