Windows vista RC1 Does not accept my EAX1600PRO video card by Claudio Santos
Hey. Does anyone encountered or has some ideia why is windows RC1 does not send any image at all to the video card??? the last he shows is always the windows date and that progress bar that windows has at start then he just gets black and no more images....funny that i succed in instaling windows... had to change to other video card to test windows vista RC1 but i really want is my Asus...
September 15th 06 08:56 PM
by Claudio Santos Go to last post
0 162
Upgraded from XP to Vista Home Premium no audio device installed by Clay
Ive tried to update/reinstall and it says its working but no sound every comes out. TThe speaker has a red x through it Help?
November 27th 07 06:27 AM
by tim1948 Go to last post
1 114
Broadcom Bluetooth Problem with Vista by Clay Fox
I just did a new install of Windows Ultimate on an Acer Travelmate C111 with built in Bluetooth. The Bluetooth worked fine before with XP Tablet but the hardware does not even show up under Vista. Everything else is great, I do have the AC97 soft modem, which shows up under other devices as a PCI modem, but that is the only unknown HW it finds. So my question is what now? I have the...
April 1st 07 06:37 PM
by Acer Tec Go to last post
8 125
Will Vista ever fully support voice modem based on conexant chip s by clayga
Problem: My Rosewill RC-403 PCI Voice/Data/Fax modem isn't working fully with a number of TAPI based answering machine programs (e.g. IVM Answering Attendant, Impulse Technology's CallStation). These programs can pick up and record calls but they cannot play a greeting message over the phone line. All a caller hears is silence while the greeting is playing. Craig Duncan at Impulse...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 31st 08 12:53 AM
by Craig Duncan Go to last post
18 483
Bluetooth by Clayton
I've picked up a Bluetooth headset and now trying without success to play music from Windows media player to the headset but no luck, does my bluetooth dongle need to support BT audio? the bluetooth dongle came with my Dell bluetooth mouse and keyboard.. I can pair it ok would I need another dongle? any suggestions?
December 20th 08 02:54 AM
by Clayton Go to last post
0 194
Harddrive Noise by Clayton
Sometimes when I am copying files or opening files I get a pause (nothing happens) then my harddrive clicks once and away I go, I have already replaced 2 hard drives under warranty which were WD Raptors and decided to go with Seagate. I have created a Seagate diagnosic CD but everytime I boot to it nothing happens I only get a message saying something about getfat failed, I know the CD is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 23rd 08 12:10 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
11 335
Memory Problem by Clayton
I have a ASUS P5B-PLUS Motherboard and have installed 2 x 2GB DDR-2 800MHz modules in it and the BIOS only showed as having 3GB installed so I updated to the latest BIOS version and remapped the memory in the BIOS and now the BIOS is showing all 4GB, but after installing Windows 7 32-Bit it shows in system properties as 4GB installed but only 2GB usable. The motherboard is a couple of years...
August 16th 09 04:52 AM
by Jane C[_2_] Go to last post
5 208
High Definition Audio Driver by Clayton
I've installed Vista Basic on a ASUS P5VDC-MX motherboard everything installed fine except for the Video Drivers which I downloaded from VIA and it works fine, the only problem I have now is with the High Definition Audio Controller, it shows in device manager with a yellow ! and says something about can not find enough free resources. I removed the driver and restarted the system, it found...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 22nd 13 03:18 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
23 3,226
SATA HDD by Clayton
Is it ok to run a couple of 500GB SATA2 hard drives on SATA1 controllers? I have had 2 blue screens on this machine and thought it maybe the HDD, the memory checks out fine NMI: Parity check/memory parity error The system has halted Or could it be the montherboard DELL Dimension 8400 925X Chipset
March 14th 07 06:49 PM
by Chris Go to last post
8 144
Replacing CPU by Clayton
Can someone recommend the best compound to apply when replacing a CPU to heatsink? Thanks
March 8th 07 02:09 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
9 137
Solution Dual Monitor Problems – flicker at startup by Clayton
Just wanted to pass on a solution to a problem I was having Problem: I have a desktop with dual monitors. A Gateway FPD2185 LCD as primary and SynMaster 730B as secondary (extended). A Radeon 9800pro is the video card. After installing Vista the main monitor would blink on and off while at the logon screen. After logging ( moving the mouse and typing in-between monitor flashes) the monitor...
February 19th 07 04:00 PM
by Clayton Go to last post
0 168
Toshiba Tecra M5 Drivers by Clayton
I have finally got all my Vista drivers installed on my Tecra M5, but when I goto insert a MMC into the side of the computer it comes up asking for a driver for the MMC Memory Card under the Disk drives category in device manager. When would I get this driver from?
January 2nd 07 09:19 AM
by Keith Go to last post
2 158
CPU Fan by Clayton
Been running XP on my Toshiba Tecra M5 for awhile now and my CPU fan was running normal by normal I mean coming on when the cpu needs to be cooled. Now I am running Vista RTM and the fan is always running? any way I can find out why? Cheers
January 21st 07 03:35 AM
by Clayton Go to last post
2 178
cd/dvd by cleanman
my cd/dvd player just stopped working. I'm 2 months past my 1st year and of course Compaq suggest a 176.00 replacement device. I tried deleting upper and lower filters, uninstalling/reinstalling hardware, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions???? desperate!!
July 10th 08 10:59 AM
by cleanman Go to last post
4 160
Lock CD/DVD Drive? by Cleary
I'd like to disable the button on my CD/DVD drive so my toddler doesn't press it, open the drive, and then snap the drawer off. Instead of using the button to open the drawer, I'd have to use the eject function on the screen (luckily the little terror can't read yet so he wouldn't be able to do this). Does anyone know if this is possible to do, and if so, how?
December 30th 07 08:56 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 144
Ipod, Camera & Vista by Clement
Hi all, I've just installed vista business on my girlfriend's computer and neither her ipod nor her digital camera (sony dsc p52) are working. Vista detects then but the drivers won't work. Everything work fine on my computer which is exactly the same as hers. Could you help me please?
May 18th 07 07:27 PM
by Clement Go to last post
0 125
i need alot of help by cliff
i think my windows might have crashed or something it was about a year ago i had a virus and it killed my firewall windows media player i cant log onto windows messnger or ne windows things i tried to do a system restore to find out that was gone i dont have it ne more. if u no what is going on or can help me plz let me no u can email me at
March 31st 07 01:37 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 129
Can my laptop handle the graphics of Vista Home Premium? by Clint
Hello! This is the laptop I'm about to order before I go to college. I was wondering if it can handle Vista Aero and Vista flip 3D. My laptop comes with the 32 bit version of Home Premium. Can my laptop handle the 64 bit version, and if so, what are the differences between the 64 bit and 32 bit versions? These are the applicable specs: Dell XPS M1530, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300...
May 5th 08 10:41 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 156
Problem: Vista & Sagem F@st 1500/1500WG by Clint Harlan
Dear All, I have just purchased an Asus F3S notebook with preinstalled Windows Vista Home Edition. Although it can connect to USRobotics and Airties modems, it cannot connect to SAGEM F@ast 1500/1500WG ADSL Wi-Fi Modem/router which we use in our office. Asus representative re-installed Windows Vista to solve the problem. When I try it once more he told me that I should change my modem.
September 10th 07 01:02 PM
by Clint Harlan Go to last post
2 126
Dual Monitors wont display tv by clint23
Hi everyone, I have a toshiba satelite A200 laptop running vista home basic, I have an external 22inch panasonic lcd screen conected via the vga port. the problem is with displaying tv on the second monitor through my aver media usb digital tv reciever. Works fine when using just one screen or the other but not both ( one displaying tv and the other browsing the net)I have upgraded the ram to...
August 29th 08 11:37 AM
by clint23 Go to last post

From The