  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Can not set 1080i using NVIDIA Vista Drivers on a dual boot machin by Nathan
Hi - Asked the NVIDIA help site but got a "Beta = no can help" responce so any ideas would be welcome! ================== I have a 6200TC in a Home Theater PC connected using Component to a Plasma TV. The HTPC is a Dual Boot (XP using Forceware 84.21 and Vista Beta 2 using the Vista Beta 2 drivers). The XP envoronment is working fine with a 1080i setting and overscan changes to fit the...
August 29th 06 10:07 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 395
Windows Vista and 2 Gb RAM? by Brian V
Hi, Some people on the XP Discussion told me that Widows Vista only really runs well if it has 2Gb RAM. I know that the Upgrade advisor states a lot less, and that the Minimum system requirements is less also. Is this 2Gb need/want true, in what cases, and why? Is it just that Vista runs much smoother on 2 GB RAM? Thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 10 06:00 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
12 395
USB to 9-pin serial port by harold timmis
I was Just wondering when Microsoft was going to make a driver for USB to 9-pin male serial port it is the one made by RadioShack Thank You
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 18th 07 01:57 PM
by David Fox[_2_] Go to last post
12 395
update to problem with Sigma Tel Audio drivers by robinb
I called microsoft yesterday asking what will be done via this problem for those who cannot get updated drivers for the Sigma Tel audio driver. The problem is Sigma no longer makes audio drivers and passed it off to another company who told me they are not making updated drivers at all for this type of audio codec. So how do you get updated drivers if you cannot? I have been on many forums via...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 09 07:12 AM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
18 394
New AVC-3610 Driver Causes Blue Screen by David DeLella
After installing the new RC1 release of Windows Vista I proceed to test my machine setup with my Adaptec AVC-3610 Dual TV Tuner. This is listed as one of the supported devices on the Vista requirements page. In beta 2 and 5536 there were no related issue with setting up this device. In RC1 the drivers installed however when downloading the update from Microsoft through Windows update the...
September 6th 06 12:01 AM
by David DeLella Go to last post
2 394
Plugged In, Not Charging Battery by Ted[_7_]
I have HP NW8000 laptop running Vista Ultimate. I installed SP1 a few days ago. After the upgrade, the battery is not charging anymore. Right now it is completely drained out and it says 0% available plugged in, not charging. I uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers (there were two) from the Device Manager and install them again with scan for hardware...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 10th 09 07:19 AM
by supersilverfox Go to last post
20 394
Microphone not working by Max
I have a microphone that I got from staples, i think its from a company named Labtec. It works fine on my computer with XP, but when I hook it up to Vista it won't respond. Any ideas? Or do I just have to go and buy a new microphone?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 18th 08 07:41 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
11 394
Need recommendations for 500GB external USB drive by [email protected]
My external drive just crashed and I use it solely for backup of my systems. Since I haven't had much luck with the reliability of external drives, I welcome suggestions for a drive that holds approximately 500GB. The one I have now is 466GB capacity. Thank you......
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 09 02:57 AM
by Charles W Davis[_2_] Go to last post
13 394
Washed out screen when on battery power by Tom
I have a Dell B130 Inspiron Laptop. the laptop screen works fine when on charger. When I go to battery power the screen becomes washed out, colors are not correct and hardly readable. This is a new problem. I have the laptop set for automatic update. Has anybody else experienced this problem? -- Retired Tom
September 3rd 06 11:29 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 393
Which disk image creation software is good for Vista? by Jack
Hello, In previous years I used Ghost to create the image of my harddrive. It was simple, easy procedure and very fast. I booted up computer to the command prompt and restored harddrive in few minutes!!! But it was FAT32 system. Now, with Vista I do not have a choice but to use NTSF file system. Which program offers the most features for disk image creation? I know it will be impossible for me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 13th 08 06:23 PM
by cqui3 Go to last post
43 392
This is Crazy ...Even for a Beta Prgm by Jim McCree
Below is a list of the items that "currently" function perfectly with Vista Beta 2 on my laptop that are / will not work if I "upgrade" to Vista RC1........There is even a Microsoft product that wont work as well in the list..... a.. eTrust EZ Antivirus 7.1 b.. Intel PROSet/Wireless c.. Nero ImageDrive d.. Nero Vision 4 e.. QuickTime 6
September 9th 06 11:46 PM
by OpeXp Go to last post
5 392
EventID 20001 Vista build 5744 by irrespective
Vista reports in the System Event Log EventID 20001 with the content "Driver Management concluded the process to install driver NULL Driver for Device Instance ID USB\VID_0FCA&PID_0001\5&6B8F2A6&1 with the following status: 3758096899" What Vista did was re-associate ALL of my external USB storage devices with the NULL Driver making it impossible for me to use my external USB connected...
January 19th 08 11:18 PM
by kmeuleman Go to last post
1 388
Accidentally disabled my speakers by Aberfox
In the sound pop up from the control panel I was trying to change the default speaker, but accidentally disabled it. Now the speaker has disappered from the playback devices tab and I cannot get any sound out of my speakers. Q. How do I enable my speakers again? PS. Its a laptop, so I think it's the internal speakers I've disabled
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 10 03:37 PM
by noobito Go to last post
17 387
Vista sound playback devices missing speaker by Victag
I just bought a new PC and there is no sound coming out. If I go to the sound icon in Control Panel, there is only an SPDIF playback device showing, and no speaker option. I am not using the SPDIF port on the soundcard, but have my speakers connected to the other plugs (analog I think they are?) I have tried updating the driver with no luck. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 15th 09 02:52 PM
by tracy Go to last post
21 386
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Double Clicks when Clicked Once. by Richard B
Upon moving from Windows XP to Vista, a new PC, the Microsoft Mouse has taken up a bad habit of double clicking when it is only clicked once. This is so prevalent that we are hesitant to use it to click on certain items. For example, the delete button in mail. We delete two messages instead of the one we clicked on. For fun try playing solitaire, flipping two cards, instead of one, after...
April 25th 10 09:41 AM
by floppydisk Go to last post
5 385
USB devices not recognized by Kevin Baykr
I have an Acer TravelMate 4230, with Vista SP2 Installed, Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU/PM/GMS/940GML/943GML and Intel(R) 945GT Express Processor to DRAM Controller - 27A0, Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF, WDC WD 1200UE-22KVT0 ATA Device, 1.5 GB Ram. An error occurred the other day where windows said that it could not read the HD, and after that the problem...
April 30th 10 08:05 AM
by kristain Go to last post
6 385
Dell Latitude Wireless Driver by xtravgnt
Anyone get a dell notebook using the 1350 wlan mini-pci card working? Seems to be based off a broadcom chip. Vista picks the card up as a broadcom, and it will let you connect to the local network and browse it. It shows connected to the internet but won't actually go anywhere, it comes back with dns errors. I had the same problem on my ECS notebook until I found some drivers on Ralinks...
September 4th 06 03:32 AM
by xtravgnt Go to last post
0 384
Mouse not recognized after reboot following the 04/08 patch by SkyKnites
I have a new system that has been working flawlessly til this patch. vista64 home premium, and the offending device is a microsoft usb wheelmouse optical. Now when ever I reboot it says new hardware found and driver instillation failed. I downloaded and installed intellipoint 6.1 for 64bit. and device manager shows no conflict and if i just clear out of the error boxes it works fine. Just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 26th 08 04:03 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
21 383
MSI MS-6967 Bluetooth Dongle driver by D Phillips
I am battling to get a Vista driver for this hardware. Any help please?
December 3rd 08 04:04 PM
by Charlie[_10_] Go to last post
8 383
Dell TrueMobile Wi-Fi Card Not Recognized by StephenK
I use a Dell TrueMobile 1300 USB Wi-Fi card to connect to the internet. Recently, I reinstalled Beta 2 to free up a large portion of my HDD. Before, the card worked fine, although it took some effort to get it to work. Now, the card is not being recognized by the driver software I downloaded, and the OS lists it as an "Unknown Device". I copied the driver files from my old installation...
August 30th 06 03:17 PM
by StephenK Go to last post

From The