  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
USB Ports by Tom Hammond
I'm having a *little* more luck on my Gigabyte GAK8N-PRO SLI motherboard. With 1.1 + 2.0 only the keyboard and mouse work... all other devices try to install but fail Disabling 2.0 in BIOS (i.e. only 1.1 support) allows me to use all my other devices: external disks, camera, scanner, printer etc. nvidia Drivers not ready?
September 2nd 06 11:33 AM
by Tom Hammond Go to last post
0 531
Wireless service by drm
We have a new Dell with Vista Home Premium. I am now on my 3rd attempt to get internet access (tried AT&t express card, Verizon usb, and now Verizon express card). The error message that I get when we install the modem is "unable to create a new connection - error 711." Can't get anywhere with Dell, Verizon, or AT&T (each blames the other). There are articles on error 711 with XP, and we...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 14th 08 04:25 AM
by Doy22[_2_] Go to last post
14 530
Mouse not recognized after reboot following the 04/08 patch by SkyKnites
I have a new system that has been working flawlessly til this patch. vista64 home premium, and the offending device is a microsoft usb wheelmouse optical. Now when ever I reboot it says new hardware found and driver instillation failed. I downloaded and installed intellipoint 6.1 for 64bit. and device manager shows no conflict and if i just clear out of the error boxes it works fine. Just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 26th 08 04:03 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
21 530
New AVC-3610 Driver Causes Blue Screen by David DeLella
After installing the new RC1 release of Windows Vista I proceed to test my machine setup with my Adaptec AVC-3610 Dual TV Tuner. This is listed as one of the supported devices on the Vista requirements page. In beta 2 and 5536 there were no related issue with setting up this device. In RC1 the drivers installed however when downloading the update from Microsoft through Windows update the...
September 5th 06 04:24 AM
by David DeLella Go to last post
0 530
problem with 5.1 sound by Sam F
I've just installed vista 5536 onto my PC which has an ASUS p5nd2 motherboard with an onboard realtec AC97 sound card. For some reason i don't get any sound through my rear speakers, even when i set the configuration to 5.1 speakers it doesn't work. I've installed the latest realtec vista BETA driver, and also the ones with my motherboard, but no luck.... Anyone have any clue whats...
August 30th 06 03:42 PM
by Sam F Go to last post
0 529
previously working USB devices now showing as "Unknown Device" by A L
Hello- All of a sudden a few days ago, many of my USB devices started showing as Unknown Devices in the Device Manager. I've read that this sometimes happens in WinXP too- but no post that I found about the problem proposed a solution (for Vista or XP.) If I disable the "Standard Enhanced PC to USB Host Controller", the system then locates drivers for all of the devices, but runs them in...
February 27th 07 01:18 PM
by A L Go to last post
5 529
Radeon 9250 by Tete Mensa-Annan
I have an ATI Radeon 9250 in my Dell Dimension 4600C and it causes a blue screen crash every time I shutdown or use switch user. The performance information and tools app tells me that the 3D business and gaming graphics performance is 1.0 which seems oddly low for that graphics card. dxdiag tells me that DirectDraw, Direct3D, and AGP Texture Acceleration is enabled I'm running Battle for...
September 11th 06 01:25 AM
by Michael Go to last post
4 529
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC by David E
Hello! Possible bug follows: I just recently installed RC1 and it was pretty smooth--except for the sound. While it runs mostly out of the box and I can not record anything using my microphone. At first it used some generic driver (Microsoft High Defintion Audio.. something like that) and after fiddling with it I think I was able to get it to use the updated driver from Windows Update to...
September 8th 06 05:23 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
2 528
AverTVCard 301P by Lan Vinh Ly
I can't used AverTVCard 301P in Windows Vista RC1 5600 I can help for Microsoft ! Thank you very much ! (email : )
September 8th 06 12:53 AM
by Lan Vinh Ly Go to last post
0 528
MSI MS-6967 Bluetooth Dongle driver by D Phillips
I am battling to get a Vista driver for this hardware. Any help please?
December 3rd 08 03:04 PM
by Charlie[_10_] Go to last post
8 528
No "Bluetooth Devices" in Control Panel by Sam
I am experiencing the same problem, even in RC1. I have a IoGear GBU311 Bluetooth receiver; I plug it in (though the drivers didn't install automatically - I pointed it to the XP driver set and it installed with no aparrent issues). However I do not have the Bluetooth Control Panel. It is recognized as a Broadcom Bluetooth device in device manager. "Iwona" wrote: Hi,
September 7th 06 04:38 PM
by Sam Go to last post
0 528
SIS 650 Graphics Chipset Driver issue by David Ralph
Since the December 05 CTP version, I have been having issues with the bundled Vista Driver for my Graphics Chipset. I am having to press F8 at boot, to boot in Low Res mode (640 x 480). Once I have logged in if I then change the settings in any way the screen goes black and I am unable to do anything, except reset the machine. Pre Dec 05 builds were fine and allowed me to go to 1024 x 768...
August 30th 06 03:01 PM
by David Ralph Go to last post
0 527
Ultimate 64 not functioning with 8G ram by innecesario
Hi Folks, My machine works well with 4G ram, but I use lots of memory hogging apps at once, as well as virtual machines, so I thought I would try another 4G ram. MB is P35DS3R and I have 4 sticks of 2G A-Data 800. As soon as the extra ram is put in, the machine takes a very long time to boot and is functionally unusable. In msconfig Boot Advanced Options, Maximum memory is unticked. If I tick...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 1st 08 04:08 AM
by innecesario[_12_] Go to last post
26 527
TV Tuner in build 5536 (saa7134) by Vanja Lolz
I previously ran vista public beta 2 and managed to get my TV Tuner card (Compro DVB-T300, phillips saa7134) working in media center. It took alot of trial and error with various different drivers found on the internet. Now I have upgraded to build 5536, and no matter which driver I try I haven't been able to get Media Center to detect my tuner card. The best result I've had is to have the...
September 2nd 06 03:06 AM
by Vanja Lolz Go to last post
0 527
Xbox 360 Controller and Media Center. by Mnky29
I just bought a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows and a Xbox 360 wireless controller for my windows vista, and I was wondering if there is any way for me to enable the usage of the controller with Windows Media Center, I would really like to use an Xbox controller to control Media center.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 09 10:14 PM
by jameswsparker Go to last post
13 527
Not detecting a HDD by VistaCompUser
Hello, I was restarting my desktop after it got stuck in a frozen screen. Upon reboot it loaded up with a blank screen. In hindsight I think I might have restarted during an install of a windows update, which could have ended up screwing the main configuration of the comp. I decided to go for a wipe of the hard drive (had a fresh backup) and re-install. Yet I have no C: listed The HDD is fine...
May 4th 10 06:47 AM
by VistaCompUser Go to last post
0 526
Dell Latitude Wireless Driver by xtravgnt
Anyone get a dell notebook using the 1350 wlan mini-pci card working? Seems to be based off a broadcom chip. Vista picks the card up as a broadcom, and it will let you connect to the local network and browse it. It shows connected to the internet but won't actually go anywhere, it comes back with dns errors. I had the same problem on my ECS notebook until I found some drivers on Ralinks...
September 4th 06 03:32 AM
by xtravgnt Go to last post
0 526
travelmate 4001lmi battery not recognized by Marco Kühnel
as of 5600 rc1 its still an unknown device :-(
September 3rd 06 10:39 AM
by Marco Kühnel Go to last post
0 526
Required:Driver for Samsung SCX-4100 by
I have fixed most drivers for Vista, except for Samsung SCX 4100 multifunction laser printer. I have tried the 32bit and 64bit drivers for Winxp, but they both didn't work. Can anyone help me with it?Thanks.
February 14th 07 01:48 AM
by milan Go to last post
3 525
Vista 32bit and Creative X-Fi by Sven
I got the betadriver from Creative, and it worked in Beta 2, but not in RC1. I install them, and after the warning about the driver, I choose INSTALL DRIVER. After it is finished, it wants to reboot my PC, but when it is rebooted, there is still no driver installed for the X-Fi. Other with same problem? Regards Sven
September 10th 06 09:20 PM
by Robert Go to last post

From The