Scan USB Drive by J
How do I keep this message from displaying everytime I plug in a USB flash drive? "Do you want to scan and fix *name of thumb drive*" My 2 options are "Scan and Fix" or "Continue without scanning." I have tried the scan and fix but it shows up the nexttime I plug in the drive.
July 24th 09 01:01 PM
by merid Go to last post
7 222
IRQARB error by j lunis
Vista Home Premium recently, my PC has begun freezing, forcing reboot. A few errors appear in Event Log unfailingly. One of these is Event Error 6 - IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 0, function 0. I have done some research and found places suggesting I check the noted PCI slot. Problem - I have no idea what 'PCI slot 0' is. How do I find it and how do I...
December 17th 08 08:50 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
1 210
ATI drivers by J M Schlatter
While looking for drivers for my Radeon 7000 I found a package from ATI with more than 70MB. This is a little bit -ehm- fantastic? Crazy? Is there somewhere just a small driver with 600kB? I think I do not need more!? JMS
October 3rd 06 09:40 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 140
WHQL DRIVERS x86/64 AVAIL? by J Man
Not sure if these are good yet. Downloading German Language pack so I can read the page. http://www.computerbase.de/
February 7th 07 05:00 PM
by J Man Go to last post
0 198
Audigy 2 ZS - Driver? by J Man
The drivers for the firewire port and the game port on my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS are apparently not available. On Creative's website, the most recent release for these drivers was on 1/12/07. These do not work. Does anyone have working x64 drivers for these two devices? I am running Vista Ultimate x64 on a Dell XPS 600.
February 9th 07 01:17 PM
by canixs Go to last post
3 211
Vista fried 4.0 GB Cruzer by J Man
I bought a 4.0 GB SanDisk Cruzer Micro w/ U3. It worked fine under XP. My Memorex 1.0 GB flash drive works fine under XP and Vista. Vista doesn't recognize U3 technology...no problem. When I configured ReadyBoost to use the Cruzer, everything appeared normal. Shortly thereafter I went to look at the files on the Cruzer, only to discover that the drive had been formatted/files deleted. The...
February 23rd 07 05:54 AM
by Thomas Goodson Go to last post
9 225
Vista and PPC6700 issues with no Active Sync by J Petta
I know that AS is now not recognized by Vista and that I can sync Files and Media. However how do I install programs that run from the PC and require AS to install. Also how do I sync Outlook data without AS, Contacts, Calender, Notes, ect...
September 21st 06 05:22 PM
by Chris S Go to last post
2 182
PPC6700 by J Petta
I know that Active Sync is not recognized now by Vista and that I can sync Files and Media. However, how do I install apps that run from the PC and require AS to install. Also how do I backup Outlook data. I am useing PPC6700 (not recognized in Device Manager) Vista RC1 x64, and Office Beta 2007
September 19th 06 09:31 PM
by J Petta Go to last post
0 264
Boot.ini NoSerialMice by J Smith IV
I have a serial device that is being reconized as a Serial Ball mouse and of course it is not. What is the Vista equivalent of XP/NT boot.ini setting of Version 4.00" /NoSerialMice:COM1 I do not see a BCDEdit option to do this?
May 4th 07 12:56 PM
by Dave R. Go to last post
1 121
usb ports don't work by j-kob
my usb ports have resently stoped working, devices such as ipods and mice do not work, but work perfectly on my dads computer. the problem ocured when i pluged in my camera for the first time which might have changed my settings. i am using a laptop someone plz help! -- j-kob
May 4th 08 11:01 AM
by Bender Go to last post
1 130
Intel PRO 2100A Mini PCI and Vista RC1 by J-Mars
I've been testing Vista since Beta 2 now and everything has installed fine on my Toshiba Tecra S1 notebook except one thing that always fails - the wifi card. Vista sees it fine during setup, and after setup as well, and even has native drivers but it cannot seem to install them properly and gives a time out error. Any ideas on how to resolve this?
September 11th 06 04:40 AM
by J-Mars Go to last post
0 323
Micropone issue by J.
I have a problem. My husband and I have identical Inspiron E1505's. I have a microphone/earpiece I bought from best buy 3 days ago. I worked for 2 days. when I pluged it in I got the notification pop up telling me vista found a mic and asking what it should do. Now when I plug it, it does not pop up the window, and I get nothing. The earpiece works fine. My husband has same, his mic...
May 22nd 07 11:45 PM
by J. Go to last post
0 148
bluetooth by J. Couwenberg
I use an Apple macbook with bootcamp to run windows vista business on a separete 30 gb harddisk using fat. a: Is it possible to use an external harddisk using ntsf for windows only and an other one for apple in their format b: as well as under os 10 or windows my mighty (apple)mouse needs renewed bluetooth access with a random key or the original fabric code which is known to me and I do'nt...
December 20th 07 01:05 AM
by guzarva Go to last post
1 100
Can I Permanently Remove Empty Removable Drives? by J. Danniel
Hello. I'm using Vista Home Premium. In my Explorer List, I have four removable drives listed: E through H. These are non-existent, empty drives. (I do have a few real removable drives, I through K.) I can get rid of the listings for the empty drives by right-clicking
June 3rd 07 02:56 PM
by Amir Facade Go to last post
5 205
Lexmark x1270 and hardware recognition by J. Sellman
I have a Lexmark X1270 printer which is running on a computer with the Windows Vista os. Every few days the os decides that it recognizes the printer as new hardware and attempts to install another driver for my printer (the original driver is "Lexmark 1200 series" and the new driver is given the name "Lexmark 1200 series copy 1") This causes the computer to no longer be able to...
November 7th 07 03:09 PM
by Rob Go to last post
2 111
No compatibility data on 3 devices by J.Delage
I also posted this on the setup board. Hi all, I just ran the Win Upgrade Advisor, and there was no hardware or software problem, but there were 3 devices for which it says there was "no compatibility data". They a - Intel System Management BIOS Driver - SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC - Silicon Image SiI 3114 SoftRaid 5 Controller.
February 4th 07 07:41 AM
by Byron Hinson Go to last post
1 191
Problem with iPAQ and Activesync (WMDC) by J.L.CastaƱeda
Hi all, my problem is as follows: I have recently upgraded my XP Pro to Windows Vista Business Pro and the method used has been an upgrade instead of a clean installation because I needed to preserve all my settings and files. One of the problems encountered after the upgrade is that I am not able to sync my PDA with the PC. After trying to find Activesync everywhere inside the OS I finally...
March 17th 07 07:06 PM
by J.L.CastaƱeda Go to last post
2 156
DVD Drive never spins down by J.Marsch
Hello all: I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, 32-bit. Just recently, I started getting this problem where my DVD drive never spins down. If there is a disc in there, is spins at full-speed. This problem seems to have roughly coincided with me installing Napster on the machine. I'm not sure what to eve look for to fix this, can anyone give me a hand?
August 10th 07 11:12 AM
by Bob J Go to last post
1 82
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 by J.Peinado
I'm just surprised that my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick seems not to work in Vista x64. I plug the USB and nothing happens, it doesn't detect it. Is any way to have it to work? In Win98 and Win XP I had no problem with it. I didn't even need a driver, was automatically detected. Now, it's like plugging a dead pile of junk.
July 9th 08 04:06 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 193
New hard drive installation, complete nightmare by J1mmy
I initally bought a Hitachi 1TB drive to connect in SATA, that was getting picked up by my BIOS, but not Vista. Vista only saw it an an unknown device in task manager. I tried everything to get it picked up as a drive...nothing. Someone told me that it might be faulty, so I got another one sent out. Now i have 2 of these drives, a total of 2TB connected onto my PC which is running Vista Ultimate...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 25th 08 12:49 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post

From The