Complete PC Backup Error code 0x800700iF by Michael
Has anyone had an error code 0x8007001F ("Device attached to the system is not functioning") while trying to perform a complete PC backup with Windows Vista. My Device Manager (expanded to show hidden devices) and a "system diagnostic report" generated by Vista show no malfunctions yet the backup program persists in reporting the error! Any suggestions? -- Quizical
January 20th 08 01:46 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 167
ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem by robinb
I am getting in event viewer on my dell dimension E521 after upgrading from xp media center with Dell upgrade to Vista Home Premium these errors over and over again. Can you please give me advise on how to fix this please? IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance. IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not...
January 20th 08 01:32 PM
by radamo[_3_] Go to last post
9 250
Audio Problems by Shaz
I have an Advent 7201 I lost the Optiarc drive I fixed this but any music or video is played at a very high pitch and is very squeaky any ideas ? Thanks -- Shaz
January 20th 08 01:15 PM
by Aritha Parson Go to last post
4 263
Trendnet modem and 64bit drivers? by ***** charles
Hi all, I am trying to install an internal pci modem in my Vista 64 Basic machine. The modem is a Trendnet TFM-PCIV92A and the cdrom that came in the box does not show the 64 bit drivers when I start it up. I contacted tech support and they emailed me the "correct" drivers which do not install. I also went to their web site before contacting tech support and downloaded what was supposed to
January 20th 08 01:12 PM
by ***** charles Go to last post
4 265
Thinkpad video driver recoverying solved by Peter Meinl
From the beginning on the video driver on my X61T with Vista X64 crashed and recovered every couple of minutes. The newest driver coming through Windows update "Intel mobile 965... 27.11.2007" does crash too. Installing a driver from Intel (not Lenovo!) solved this for...
January 20th 08 11:45 AM
by Peter Meinl Go to last post
0 158
Help! No DVD drive detected after iPod connection by Deuce
I have a 6 month old HP Pavilion dv2310 notebook running Vista Home Premium. My problem started when I hooked up my iPod for the first time. After syncing with iTunes I noticed that my CD/DVD drive would no longer work. Sure enough, the iPod had taken the E: drive designation which had been used by my CD/DVD. So, I used disc management to assign another drive letter to the iPod and...
January 20th 08 11:37 AM
by maysefooters Go to last post
7 196
Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver by Keeep Out
I am wondering if the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Recevier for Windows is compatible with Windows Vista 64-bit. If anyone knows I would appreciate your answer, thank you
January 20th 08 11:15 AM
by Hoppers Go to last post
1 136
HDD Formating by Bogdan
Hi, My HDD was formated for ~ 200 times in 4-5 months. Can happen with it something bad? How many times a hdd can be formated? How can I verify in vista if i have bad sectors or not? Thanks. ps: sorry for my bad english
January 20th 08 10:33 AM
by Dominic Payer Go to last post
1 163
What bunch of dipstics wrote this crap? by [email protected]
PC effectively dies with Trusted Installer taking 100% of CPU. It doesn't appear to do anything useful, only act like a virus. What's it doing? How do I get rid of it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 08 07:42 AM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
18 343
where'd the other sidebar go? by Cortney
when i first got my computer i had sidebar that let me browse through lots of gadgets and things, then i went to windows & downloaded a xm radio gadget and it completely changed my sidebar. i want the default sidebar back, those gadgets were better! i can not find out how to delete the xm radio i installed. i can remove it & thats it. ive looked everywhere... someone help! do i have to...
January 20th 08 06:44 AM
by DizConnected[_2_] Go to last post
1 123
CD and DVD discs not recognized by Chris
I have searched the forums through and through, i have removed filters from the registry, rebooted, deleted the driver from device manager and let the system reinstall. When I put a disc in my drive, autoplay does not start or anything. I have checked the autoplay settings and they all seem to be correct. I can put a music CD in and go to Media Player and play the CD. but when I go to my...
January 20th 08 05:56 AM
by Robyn Go to last post
6 149
AutoPlay by Kevin Arthur[_2_]
Hi, When I insert a new device (a flash drive, SD card, CD/DVD, etc.), Windows detects and installs the device, but doesn't display any AutoPlay window. I've checked the AutoPlay settings in the Control Panel, but AutoPlay is enabled and everything is set to the default. I tried setting a couple to specific actions, but still, nothing happened when I inserted the device. Any ideas? --...
January 20th 08 04:12 AM
by Kevin Arthur[_2_] Go to last post
0 126
Getting My Microphone to Work!!!?????????? by DarkCircle
I've got the correct progs, as well as a professional mic. I want to mic my guitar and record onto my pc. However...... Vista says my microphone is not supported?? It's a Peavey Vi2. fella at the P.C shop here in town says my mic should work, my soundcard will provide pre-amp if needed... BUT, I need a codec or something that will allow my pc to see my mic as a midi Input?? (I'm kinda PC...
January 20th 08 02:22 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 117
I have my USB reporting as Malfunctioned by tommore
I have just installed Windows Vista, I dont have broadband in my laptop i connect it through Dial up with the help of an USB modem. Im facing a problem for the second time, Its a newly installed operating system, the internet has been connecting very well for the first 2 days after installing the operating system, Then when i connect it again with the usb it says , USB not recognized and it has...
January 20th 08 02:21 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 129
lost audio by Maggie
I posted this question a while ago, but didnt get any response. here it is again ( I am kinda desperate now), before I take my copmuter to service, Id like to know if someone had a similar problem . Or a solution. Recently I installed Logitech caemra on my computer.After connecting it I lost audio . No sound in my speakers, not even in headphones. I uninstalled my camera, but it didnt help...
January 20th 08 01:42 AM
by Maggie Go to last post
7 260
ATA Hard Drives by Hyperlinker
Old machine with XP Pro installed, with two IDE hard drives, both set up with NTFS file system, and they worked fine in XP. New machine does not have any IDE ports only SATA, and to use one of old IDE hard drives I bought a caddie with USB connection. Put IDE hard drive in caddie, Vista said device manager installed, but in "my computer" the drive is not there. In device manager the...
January 20th 08 12:29 AM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
1 128
Dual monitor problems by spanky628
I can't get my monitors to 'mirror', I have tried every setting there and they aren't one. It's a desktop so it don't have the mobile pc deal to change it. It only has the display properties and both monitors showing. It once had a NVIDIA button on that page I could goto and change this setting. Once updating the software it isn't there. Any ideas? Thanks ahead.
January 19th 08 11:58 PM
by spanky628 Go to last post
0 124
eSATA question by JoeP
Hi All, I installed PCIe board that has 2 internal and 2 External SATA ports from PNY found at: http://www2.pny.com/PCIe-SATA-II-RAID-2-Channel-P2554C328.aspx, and also has this 750GB portable Hard Disk found at: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/freeagent_pro_data_movers/ I tried 2 different eSata cables and the hard disk is not powered up. Also I connected using the...
January 19th 08 11:57 PM
by peter Go to last post
3 147
EventID 20001 Vista build 5744 by irrespective
Vista reports in the System Event Log EventID 20001 with the content "Driver Management concluded the process to install driver NULL Driver for Device Instance ID USB\VID_0FCA&PID_0001\5&6B8F2A6&1 with the following status: 3758096899" What Vista did was re-associate ALL of my external USB storage devices with the NULL Driver making it impossible for me to use my external USB connected...
January 19th 08 10:18 PM
by kmeuleman Go to last post
1 436
Vista does not boot if I add the WinTV card (or the PCTV Card) by ConnectedErgoSum
Since I have upgraded the PC to Vista, I cannot use anymore WinTV-HVR-1300 (PCI) (Same issue with PCTV Dual hybrid - PCI-Express). Vista simply hangs while booting, the last driver loaded is crcdisck.sys. If I remove the WinTV card Vista works perfectly. With WinXP all was working fine. I tried to remove all the cards from the PC... the issue happens when I insert the WinTV or the PCTV...
January 19th 08 08:03 PM
by SuperFly1971[_3_] Go to last post

From The