USB 2.0 harddisk by audiolover
My external harddisk, USB 2.0, is slow! In Windows XP it works perfect but in Vista 5600RC1 the data transfer is at the speed of a USB 1 connection. Anybody with the same problem?
October 5th 06 10:22 AM
by Marco Dalli Go to last post
1 159
Any idea as to why my DVD Burner isn't working? by aufanbrad
I just can't find anyway to fix this. I was wondering if anyone would help me. I bought this computer back on the release of Vista and have yet to find something to fix. I would look every other week or so trying to find a fix. My DVD burner is ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P ATA DEVICE according to my Device Manager. If I could get any help with this it would greatly appreciated. -- aufanbrad
August 8th 07 11:30 AM
by Marjay Go to last post
6 154
Vista Driver Update for Radeon Mobility 9200 does not work by Augenkontakt
I use a HP Compaq nx7000 Notebook with Radeon Mobility 9200 Graphics. Updated it from WinXP to Vista. Using a generic VGA Driver it works, but very slow and only in generic screen resolutions. But after installation Windows Update loads an updated driver for ATI Mobility Radeon 9200, Version 6.14.10.6606, dated 31.07.2006 and signed by MS Windows hardware compatibility pack. If this driver...
May 30th 07 10:59 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 109
Bluetooth from notebook disconnects from my headset when ... by augustus_meyer
.... I close the window, which I left open after clicking on the blue/white Bluetooth icon in the system tray AND I enabling my headset. Or, in other words: I use the headset for IP-phone on my notebook, together with X-Lite. So to use my headset I have to click on the blue-white Bluetooth icon in the system tray, go to "Audio", where I see my device (only one) and connect to it. This works,...
March 12th 08 11:10 PM
by augustus_meyer Go to last post
0 147
DELL; ATI Mobility X1300 Hypermemory; 763MB shared out of 2GB ???? by augustus_meyer
After buying a DELL Inspiron 6400 with Vista pre-installed, I had serious discussions with tech support. Actually, now they state, it is not a bug, but a feature, a Vista feature. Here is the problem: I have a ATI Mobility X1300 graphics card, for which DELL claimed 128MB hypermemory usage. The card itself has 64MB dedicated memory, so I expected 64MB from system RAM to be shared. I had 1GB...
April 29th 07 07:18 PM
by Ben Enfield Go to last post
4 124
How to limit/disable Hypermemory ? by augustus_meyer
My ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 grabs 256NB of system memory. Any ideas how to limit/disable this feature ?
April 4th 07 06:44 AM
by augustus_meyer Go to last post
7 183
locating external hard drive by Aurora Stover
This is a very basic question, but I'm a mac-user who's not very good with PC's, let alone Vista, so here goes: Long story short, I'm having trouble opening (?) an external hard drive. It's not showing up under Computer where all the drives and removable disks are listed, allowing you to open them and store things in them. I've verified that it's turned on, recognized by the computer, and...
March 16th 08 05:39 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
8 193
lexmark X1100 series by auroraskies
So i just upgraded to windows vista home premium. My printer lexmark X1100 series all-in-one printer worked on windows xp but ever sinc ei upgraded, it won't let me print anything with it. I downloaded drivers and such through lexmark but no luck, there is always an error. If anyone can please help me, i would very much appreciate it. Thanks!
July 27th 07 12:02 PM
by mcannon1964 Go to last post
3 144
lexmark X1100 printer on windows vista by auroraskies
So I just upgraded to windows vista home premium. My printer lexmark X1100 series all-in-one printer worked on windows xp but ever since I upgraded, it won't let me print anything with it. I downloaded drivers and such through lexmark but no luck, there is always an error. If anyone can please help me, i would very much appreciate it. Thanks!
March 22nd 09 02:50 PM
by GABREEZEGA1 Go to last post
5 184
AuthenTec Inc AES1610 update not working by aussie_lonesQS89
I downloaded updates the other day and since then every time i log on i get a window saying it needs to complete installation or something like that i have gone through every possible choice to say yes or no but it still always comes up. The finger scanner is playing up with it as well. I tried to do the rollback that i read somewhere should help but i am unable to choose the rollback...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 21st 09 11:30 PM
by bhavneetk[_4_] Go to last post
26 1,023
Bluetooth Not Working in VISTA by Austell[_7_]
Hey... i had similar issue, all i did is i created my own bluetooth drivers, and it took me 2 minutes 15 seconds... Check this out : http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/1098957.htm -- Austell ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Austell's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/austell.htm View this thread:...
November 27th 09 12:57 AM
by RajivSinghSuwal Go to last post
1 200
Vista 64 only reads some CDs by austex23
Vista 64 Ultimate, with all OS and driver updates and a Plextor PX760A DVD/CD drive. No issues apparent in device driver. All autoplay options set to "ask every time" (did that for testing purposes, but I have tried them in all the standard autoplay configurations too.) No problem reports in the log
December 4th 08 02:08 AM
by austex23 Go to last post
2 235
CD DVD Not Working by austin
Hey, Since I installed Vista my CD/DVD drive was working and has stopped working. When I go into Device Manager theres a message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) The Check For Solutions or Driver Update offer no solution. How Do I fix this without having access to the CD?
February 12th 08 10:01 PM
by ama Go to last post
6 187
Keyboard Repeat delay on Laptop by AustinBru
So I'm new to Vista Home Premium, and also this is my first laptop actually. On my desktop, there were keybord settings where I could change the repeat delay on a keystroke and also the rate at which it repeats. Well I can't seem to find it on my laptop. I know it should be in control panel hardware and sound keyboard but it's not there. I am also btw, using the built in keyboard on the...
August 7th 07 05:10 AM
by AustinBru Go to last post
0 109
Same ol issue with components lacking updated drivers by AuthorizedUserPF
Hi; I am having basically the same problem as I read that others are having, basically many hardware PCI cards do not have updated drivers that are Vista capable. I managed to resolved most of my small issues, and oddly enough, a lot of the old programs function well in the new environment. However, two of the biggest and well know companies, Creative Labs and ATI technologies do not seem...
August 9th 07 11:22 PM
by AuthorizedUserPF Go to last post
0 128
"Load Driver" from a Script: How ? by Auto
Hello, Is there a way to "Load Driver" from a Script / Batch File / Command Line / WMI / API ? If yes: how ? Per example: Load a Driver for Intel SATA RAID. With diskpart.exe i saw that i can RESCAN the disks, also using a script, but What about Load a Driver ?
July 16th 07 04:24 PM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
2 218
Looking for driver by Auto Doctor
I am looking for drivers for an MN-510 USB network adpator. I am running Vista Ultima x64 Is there anyone that has got this or any of the MN adpators from microsoft to work. If there is someone out there that has mod that driver to work with x64 OS let me know please. I did have it working on Windows XP x64 by moding it my-self but can seem to do that in Vista x64 and I dont have the moede...
February 19th 08 12:10 PM
by Auto Doctor Go to last post
3 142
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller will not connect to PC by Autobot5150
I am unable to get my Xbox 360 wireless controller to connect to the wireless receiver under Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. The wireless controller is using a standard battery pack. My PC is running a eVga's Nvidia 680i motherboard, which is controlling the USB ports. The wireless receiver plugs directly into one of the motherboard's rear USB ports. If I power the controller on before I turn...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 25th 10 07:47 AM
by poolcue Go to last post
20 1,428
What dvd burner works in Vista x64? by AutoCog
Most posts want advice on how to resolve an issue with existing hardware or software. I'm asking for advice on what to buy to avoid any issues. I need a SATA DVD burner for my new x64 build. So far I just have the case, power supply, and processor. In my wish list is the RAM, MB, HD, and OS. Each has been verified to at least "work" with x64 Vista according to the MS compatibility list. Now I'm...
March 13th 09 11:39 AM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
4 186
Linux And Windows by Automaticgood
Hello, Im Useing Windows vista and i was wanting to know if i can install Linux with Windows? i heard u can Install Two Operating systems on your computer. but will it work with Linux though? -- Automaticgood
May 27th 09 12:23 AM
by propman[_3_] Go to last post

From The