Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Upgrade clarification by Ice
Hi, I would really be very thankful if someone could explain this in a little more detail. I am 16 and well, thrilled to be part of this beta. (even though its easy to get I am pretty excited to know enough to be able to do this) However, I downloaded pre-rc1 "just to try it" and it was so good I decided that I should use it for everything. heh. But now that RC1 and RC2 are out (I have isos for...
October 15th 06 01:27 PM
by Theo Go to last post
8 237
Vista Build 5744 doesn't want to upgrade build 5536 by TS
Guys, do you know why I have to perform clean install of RC2 5744 and Upgrade is not available ? (dimmed) Of course I have started Setup from Vista Pre-RC1 Build 5536 (and tried boot from setup DVD either, just for sure) but no luck to have Upgrade button active. thanks for suggestions
October 15th 06 12:27 PM
by Alan Morris Go to last post
1 224
AMD Athalon 64 X2 Processor, 939 Socket: what to expect? by Dukmiester2
OK, I am currently downloading Vista RC-1 64 bit, I plan on doing a Fresh Install of it on my C Drive, letting it format that partition (C is Partition 1 of that drive). I have 2 physical internal EIDE hard drives and one external EIDE hard drive installed in a USB2 drive case. Internal Drive 0 has 2 partitions: Primary: C Drive Logical: E Drive
October 15th 06 09:56 AM
by Roberto Baggio Go to last post
7 234
No Internet connectivity in IE, but Netscape Works by LarryC
After installation IE 7 will not connect to the net (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage). I run "Diagnose Connection Problems" which returns "go.microsoft.com is not set up to establish a connection on port 'World Wide Web service (HTTP)' on this computer", followed by a Windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically message. HOWEVER, Netscape works perfectly...
October 15th 06 08:36 AM
by ADAM Go to last post
7 198
Vista Freezes before installation can begin by bill
I started installing Vista RC1. After decompressing files, it goes to a black screen where a green status bar loads. After a few seconds the status bar freezes and it appearsa s though the computer locks up. I tried booting in safe mode. It made it into installation but then said it couldn't do it in safe mode. So I tried booting with the driver enforcement disabled. That gave me a blue...
October 15th 06 06:48 AM
by bill Go to last post
0 127
License Validation & Activation by Amy
Hi, My vista was working fine one day. But when I started up, it said that my product key has expired and vista has stopped working. I tried to restore it back to a previous date but once it loaded vista, everything was still invalide..office was invalid as well as vista. It wouldn't let me update anything. So I'm trying to do a clean re-install of vista, but what should i do if this...
October 15th 06 02:33 AM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
3 138
Support Version of Windows by Doug
Whenever I try to install Windows Vista RC1 I get an error message saying "Windows Setup cannot determine if this computer supports installing this version of Windows." I have already run Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor on my computer and it detected no problems.
October 15th 06 02:29 AM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
2 140
Advice needed before I install VistaRC1 by Jack
My computer's current topography is: drive c: WindowsXP Pro FAT32 (default boot) drive d: Windows98SE FAT32 How should I install Vista without loosing current topography? Your thoughts appreciated, Jack
October 15th 06 02:21 AM
by Jack Go to last post
8 139
Fail to restart with wierd display by LH
Hi I'm trying to install RC2 on my desktop with a Geforce 6800LE card. I've install beta 2 on it, it works fine. However, on Clean Install (Advanced setup) with RC2, installation goes well in Windows, but after the restart process, it hangs with "Vertical strips" appearing (like my display was chopped into 6 parts.) I've already deleted the partition and reinstalled, to no avail. Has...
October 15th 06 01:00 AM
by LH Go to last post
3 122
BSOD when booting DVD with SATA Drives with latest RC by Ivan Samuelson
First off, here is my hardware setup: ABIT ULI M1689 Motherboard Onboard LAN Onboard Soundcard SATA 150 controller AMD 64 3200+ Socket 939 1 GIG PC4200 RAM (not overclocked) nVidia GeForce 6800XT Seagate ST3250820 SATA Drive
October 14th 06 11:38 PM
by Ivan Samuelson Go to last post
0 157
Installing Vista on a usb external drive ? by sean
Is it ok to install vista rc1 5600 on a maxtor 200gb usb external drive? It has pictures on there I need to keep? anyone?
October 14th 06 10:43 PM
by Phillip Hayden Go to last post
4 146
Cannot reinstall RC1 after having installed RC2 by Steve @ Intuit
RC1 worked perfect for myself and several coworkers. We recently received RC2 and installed it however it will not support QuickBooks or Quicken, the apps fail to install or if they appear to install these apps then do not launch at all with no error messages, nothing! SO: I am trying to reinstall RC1 however it always fails now. I ahve attempted through FDISK and format deleting the...
October 14th 06 09:54 PM
by SAM-R Go to last post
4 257
Vista won't boot after installation by Kevin Croke
The installation seemed to go fine. I wiped my hard drive and created a new ntfs active partition and installed vista on that partition. It rebooted and all i saw on my screen was a flashing cursur. I have a lenovo thinkpad z60m 2529E9U, here are the specs: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/quickPath.do?quickPathEntry=2529E9U
October 14th 06 08:48 PM
by Kevin Croke Go to last post
2 140
TEST: Just a TEST by Winston
TESTING
October 14th 06 06:48 PM
by Terje Alexander Barth Go to last post
2 145
HELP I cant install by Rob MI
I am having a problem installing!!! I keep getting error 0x8007000D what do I have to do?? I created my raid array went to my boot from cd rom everything is ok till I hit the install button . I looked around and cant find the error code anyware. I took everything out except floppy, dvd rom and my video card. still same code. gigabyte 8i915p duo pro wd 100 gb hdd (raid 0 ) gigabyte 6800 GT...
October 14th 06 06:09 PM
by Rob MI Go to last post
0 163
Vista RC2 by Download Help
I have only found out that RC2 was out and now i cannot find anywhere to download it why has Microsoft gone back to RC1 on their website whats going on and how can i download RC2
October 14th 06 04:52 PM
by pippin Go to last post
5 154
Winload.exe by Edison Stewart
Trying dual boot. Won't work from DVD or from within XP, keeps saying winload.exe is missing or corrupt. Is there a solution?
October 14th 06 04:16 PM
by Edison Stewart Go to last post
0 133
no windows mobility center / no power/battery icon by guido
after download the iso of vista rc2 i burn the iso file on a dvd. i start with a fresh install of this bootable dvd. all running fine and the index of vista compatibility of my laptop is over 2.5. but i find no way to display the power icon in the notification area nore can i run the windows mobility center - i get following error message - windows mobility center is available only on...
October 14th 06 03:28 PM
by guido Go to last post
0 138
Activation bugs by Benjo
I legitimately upgraed from xp sp2 to rc1. no problem installing, although I had to restart installer several times to do things like go from fat32 to NTFS. But I cannot activate thanks to a cryptic 0xC004D401 error. some file mismatch. I've also not found any phone numbers for telephone activation. After which I can't run most windows apps like control panel applets, config screens,...
October 14th 06 03:13 PM
by mftr Go to last post
4 175
BSOD when booting DVD with SATA Drives with latest RC by Ivan Samuelson
Here is my system setup: -AMD 64 3200+ -1 GIG PC4200 RAM -SATA 250G Hard Drive -nVidia GeForce 6800XT -ABIT UL8 Motherboard with SATA 150 Chipset, ULI M1689 Chipset, onboard LAN and onboard audio XP Professional SP2
October 14th 06 12:13 PM
by Ivan Samuelson Go to last post

From The