Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Updating Vista, Windows Defender by Edward Ray
I seem to be unable to update Vista or Defender. This machine was an upgrade from an XP SP2 machine, which was part of a Windows 2003 R2 native AD Domain with internal WSUS specified via GPO. Defender update fails without reason, and Vista update fail with error code 8024400A. I could not find any help with this error code. If anyone has an solution, your help would be appreciated. --
October 7th 06 11:58 PM
by chris Go to last post
5 391
Connecting to internet with RC1 by springr
I have been testing Vista since Beta 2. IO am having a problem with my internet connection that I did not have with Beta two or pre-release RC1. I can pink my network with no problem but cannot connect to web pages.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 7th 06 11:00 PM
by Naveed Go to last post
12 614
Serial don't work... by WebMan
I downloaded the RC1 version... Serial cames in MAIL, I installed VISTA and now, on activation, apear a message: THE SERIAL IS NOT GODD FOR THIS VERSION.... I retype the serial... and same thing.... What can I do now ???
October 7th 06 10:31 PM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
8 278
error code 0x0000005c ecs mobo bsod by GM1164
I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY ECS MOTHERBOARD RC410L/800-M TRIED TO LOAD VISTA FROM MICROSOFT DVD AND I GET 0X0000005C (0X0000010B,0X00000003,0X00000000,0X00000000) THIS DVD WILL LOAD ON MT ASUS BOARD WITH A SLOT ADAPTER WITH A 1000 MHZ P3 MY ECS HAS A PENTIUM D 805 WITH 512 OF CENTON DDR2 667 WILL RUN XP NO PROBLEM TRIED EVERTHING I CAN THINK OF ANY IDEAS
October 7th 06 09:03 PM
by GM1164 Go to last post
0 266
multiboot by Leroy Green
My Hard Drive is setup on 2 partitions, Xp pro on part. 1 and I'm trying to put Vista RC1 on part. 2. 1) I did a clean install through Xp pro and install on drive D, after going thru the copy files, expanding files, installing features and updates and Completing the installation, the system restart for the 1st time (Vista says it'll reboot several times during the installation), it goes to...
October 7th 06 08:02 PM
by Leroy Green Go to last post
0 239
A warning to upgraders by Shanedog
Is there any way I can select what brand of cereal comes out of my RS232 port?
October 7th 06 05:59 PM
by Theo Go to last post
2 127
No upgrade RC1 to RC2 because RC1 is Vista Ultimate and RC2 is Business by Peter Meinl
I downloaded 64bit RC2 through this link: http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/10/05/windows-vista-rc2-download-page-was-temporarily-available/ When trying to upgrade from RC1 to RC2 I get an error that upgrading from Ulitmate to Business is not possible. Can I choose the Vista Edition somewhere or do I need to download a different version or am I forced to do a clean install?
October 7th 06 05:15 PM
by Bob Bleecker Go to last post
1 288
installing on second HD by Daniel
My computer has two HDs. One has Win XP home SP2 on it and the other is used for storage. I want to install Vista on the second HD, But I have a few questions on how to do it. When I install Vista will it offer the option to which HD I want to install it on? I've seen and read some on VistaBootPro program, would that have to be installed before I try installing Vista? would it have to be...
October 7th 06 05:09 PM
by David Griffin Go to last post
1 226
MIDI config by [email protected]
In XP Control Panel|SOUNDS there is a MIDI tab, where various synthesizers can be chosen. Where is the comparable feature in Vista?
October 7th 06 04:56 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 250
RC2 Product Key by drtdk
Will my RC1 Product Key work for RC2 (Build 5744)? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 7th 06 04:16 PM
by Trond Go to last post
15 358
Can't install RC2: by Burnt Toast
So after a few hours of updating my RC1 install to RC2, it gets all the way to the Finishing Install step when it reboots a few times (which is normal) and then I get a window popping up that there was an error and my previous install with be active again. I can't seem to update RC1 to RC2 at all right now. Tried it twice.
October 7th 06 03:55 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post
1 248
Vista beta 2 no go by williambw
I've been seen this alot with the same error problem I to am having the same problem. Alos I to have a Asus p5vcd-mx with a pentium D and 1 gig of ram and 200 gig hard drive. I not real sure but It seems like maybe asus bios has a problem with vista. I can't for sure but it seems like a lot of people that is have this problem have a asus motherboard. I to wish to get some help on this if any...
October 7th 06 03:52 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post
1 123
BSOD in Beta2 to RC1 upgrade by Sl4yer
Hi. I've tried upgrading Beta 2 to RC1. Everything goes smoothly (although slowly) until the grey screen which says that Windows is preparing to start for the first time. A BSOD follows, due to BAD_POOL_CALLER (0x000000C2). I've tried removing all the ATI software, disabling installation updates, and (following advice from this group) removing all USB and SATA devices during...
October 7th 06 03:50 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post
2 293
0xc00000e9 install error by Danieljf
Hi, Running the following config Gigabyte 965P-DS3 F6 Bios revision one Crucial DDR2 512MB x2 PC5400 RAM Leadtek 7900GS TDH edition E6600 2.4 Conroe ThermalTake Mozart case with VFD WDC 250GB Sata II
October 7th 06 01:32 PM
by Danieljf Go to last post
0 152
Error with installing by Mitchell Tan
I tried clean install I burned into a dvd While installing, a message pop out. It says that some files is missing or corrupted I tried with alcohol 120% and also cannot. It download on 4th September 06 Pls help
October 7th 06 11:43 AM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
1 254
Gigabyte 802.11g wireless pci card by Rob F
Vista won't detect my card. I have driver cd for xp but vista will not run the install or recognize driver when search manually. Any suggestions? rob
October 7th 06 10:09 AM
by Rob F Go to last post
0 126
Video Thumbnail by DaRk14
Please help me. I have a lower cpu (Intel Celeron 2.8 GHz) and when I double click in a folder where are video files (.avi .mpg .wmv) my cpu in task manager is at 100%, and my pc slowing down. Please help me and say how to deactivate showing thumbnail of a video file (.avi, .mpg). In the folder menu, you can activate "Always show icons, never thumbnails" but will don't show photos. I just...
October 7th 06 08:50 AM
by DaRk14 Go to last post
0 252
errors while copying files by Mitchell Tan
I use tools like alcohol 120% also cannot
October 7th 06 08:23 AM
by Mitchell Tan Go to last post
0 226
Dual Install by KmrDpr
I wrote yesterday and still have problems. I could not boot to the XP drive. I made XP the default in Vista Boot Pro and got it going again, but only if I make each one the default. I noticed in my disk management that when I check the C: drive it has C:\vista when I am running XP. I need to change the boot so that it shows only jXP. I have Vista on the D: drive. I tried to format the D:...
October 7th 06 07:51 AM
by John C. Iliff Go to last post
2 135
cannot install Adobe Reader for Vista by Ajanick
Access is denied. File: Adobe Reader 7.0.8.msi using Vista RC1
October 7th 06 05:29 AM
by Bill Frisbee Go to last post

From The