Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Make believe install senario! Pretend ;-) by Clark
I would like to pretend I don't know anything about computers (which may be true ;) and I am trying to install Vista RC 2. This is an older computer with a PCI Linksys LNE100TX card. *****I can get the card installed myself, so I am NOT asking for help with that, but what would a new user do if they tried to installed Vista.******* Pretend I don't have the original install disk or it was on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 14th 06 11:17 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
16 281
Boot loader question by lsproc
I currently have 2 disks, one with XP, another with a blank partition and Linux in another. Grub is being used and can boot XP. I want to install Vista onto the blank partition, but, I need to know if I will need to reinstall the XP bootloader first. Past experiences with fixboot and fixmbr caused the disk unbootable (NON SYSTEM DISK). Would I be better off reinstalling Windows? Im...
October 14th 06 07:19 AM
by lsproc Go to last post
7 177
Vista beta freezes on install by noone
I have this very problem too. Im installing vista via the iso image directly, so there is no bad c;opy, the hash is OK, what the hell.??????
October 14th 06 05:02 AM
by noone Go to last post
0 156
XP compatibility by Jason
I want to install Vista RC1 (actually RC2, but it isn't available to me). I want to upgrade, not a fresh install. What will happen to all my games and programs that are already installed? Will they still work with Vista? Will all my drivers still be installed? How about my network settings?
October 14th 06 04:33 AM
by Ilan Go to last post
1 130
NO AUDIO DEVICE OUPUT IS INSTALLED by Gene Fitz
Here is a couple ideas. Number one, try Windows update. It installed myt Conexiant drivers automatically. Now here is a ricky idea, and I can guarantee nothing on this, because it may cause a "blue screen error" so do a complete PC back-up before you start! Put your driver recovery disk in. Now instead of letting it auto-run, explore the disk, under drivers, and audio. There is a setup.exe...
October 14th 06 04:29 AM
by Ilan Go to last post
1 156
Where is Windows Aero on RC2 by Ilan
I have just installed RC2 5744 over my RC1 5600. I actually did a full install and it baked up the original windows Vista service. With RC1 on my laptop i had to choose amongst 7 different drivers for my Nvideo Go 7300 video card on my laptop. But on RC2 I can't get it to work. I have tried multiple drivers and multiple resolutions. I have activated the version of windows. I got my...
October 14th 06 04:21 AM
by Ilan Go to last post
0 136
Multi-boot by Cheddarhead
Hey- Right now I am dual booting winxp and vista. 2 drives, works great. I wiped ubuntu to install vista and would like to tri-boot, winxp, vista and ubuntu. My though is, I will create a second partiton on the vista drive, and just install ubuntu to that partition. My question is will vistas bootloader recognize and properly load ubuntu without grub? If I choose to allow vista to manage...
October 14th 06 03:54 AM
by Cheddarhead Go to last post
0 171
Shortcut keys by hb
RC 1 shortcut keys (right-click|PROPERTIES) for programs work upon initial setting, but after reboot never open the program again. Tested with several programs that with BETA2 opened as they should. Seen a fix?
October 14th 06 02:26 AM
by dev Go to last post
3 153
Windows Vista Download Error by Ali
My Computer is a Pentium Mobile 1.86GHz with 1gb ram and 64mb graphics card from ati mobility radeon x700. I am having the error attempting to load a 64-bit application, however this cpu is not compatible with 64-bit mode. is my pc compatible for windows vista cuz i keep getting this message/ Please help....
October 13th 06 11:05 PM
by drw1304 Go to last post
2 134
Dell XPS400 Vista RC1 and RC2 problems by Kevin Collins
I've been trying to run RC1 and RC2 on my XPS400 for the past several weeks. Beta 2 seems to run OK. RC1 installs fine and I can even use it for a while - until I reboot the first time. After the reboot, I get to the black screen with the loading progress bar scrolling. It seems to go an initialize the USB controllers (the keyboard and mouse lights go off) and then nothing else ever...
October 13th 06 11:01 PM
by Kevin Collins Go to last post
0 129
Problem Installing Sharepoint Designer 07 by Obialor
After I installed RC2 and the Office TR2, I observed that I could no longer re-install SPD 07. I tried the SPD 07 TR install and did not fare better. It reports that the program is already installed but it is not. Does anybody have the same problem or have a solution? Obi
October 13th 06 10:33 PM
by Obialor Go to last post
0 125
RC2 Install Experience by Madden
My PC is an Abit NF7 S2G which has an NVidia nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset. I have 2x 256MB Ballistix Memory modules set as Dual channel giving 512MB at 400 I have an FX5900 NVidia Graphics card, 2x PATA HDD, 2xDVD drives and 1xSATA. On the primary IDE drive I have WINXP and on the SATA just data. I purchased a Hitachi 320GB drive to fit as IDE slave, partitioned it from WINXP to 105/100/100 and...
October 13th 06 07:51 PM
by Madden Go to last post
0 145
Vista wont post by kraziejason
I recently downloaded Vista x64 RC1 Beta2. I tried to install it and when it was almost finished the screen went black. Just black no blue screen nothing. So I restarted the computer, and it booted up to a black screen. Then I restarted again but this time I chose to boot up into safe mode and it acted like it was going to load windows but I got a error that said I needed to restart and...
October 13th 06 07:25 PM
by AJR Go to last post
3 205
Install Failure - cannot update boot configuration part II by ret4425
the original thread on this died out, any info would be appreciated! TRYING to install RC1 and RC2 I get : "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed." I was installing (trying to anyway) from XP Pro and got the error "file Boot/BCD error 0xc000000f". When I restarted, nothing would load, not Vista NOR XP, so I had to ghost my XP image back on.
October 13th 06 02:52 PM
by Michael Faden Go to last post
2 130
Installation Problems by Hugh Mortensen
Hi I've just downloaded the ISO file and burnt it onto the DVD. It loads up, and the icon appears on the DVD drive in my computer. But i get the error message "The application or DLL D:\Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." when it trys to autoplay or i click on the set up icon. After i click on ok on the error message i get...
October 13th 06 01:51 PM
by David Wilkinson Go to last post
2 161
Instalation problems on AMD Athlon64 processer by Albert
I have a AMD Athlon64 3200+(2GHZ 512K L2 cache) processor, however when I tried to boot from a Windows Vista 64 bit version DVD, the instalation process stop in the very beginning. It just display a typical Vista green screen amd the computer stopped working. But I can install a 32 bit version smoothly without any problem.Does any one know what is the problem?
October 13th 06 01:26 PM
by Theo Go to last post
1 133
vista stops dead by basky
Hi I was woundering if any one can help with my problem, vista installs with no problems at all untill it reboots for the first time to start, I see the welcome screen then it stops for about 4-5 mins, then loads the main screen but then stops again for 4-5 mins then if i click on an icon , you guest it, it stops for 4-5 minutes. this happens all the time and i have tried it on Beta 2, RC1...
October 13th 06 01:18 PM
by MartianC Go to last post
1 176
setup failed by Michael
Hi, I tried to install RC1 (x86) on my Toshiba A100 Sk8 notebook. It is a core duo processor I think running at 1.8 ghz with 1 gb ram. It has the intel 950 graphics adapter. It has a Vista capable sticker on it. It went through the first 3 steps no problem, when it gets to the last step after a minute or so the screen just goes black. There is some hard drive activity for a while then the...
October 13th 06 12:18 PM
by Michael Go to last post
2 169
Vista Beta 2 freezes on install/boot up by sherrye123
I made it all the way to "completing upgrade" where it sat for over an hour. Tried reboot & F8 which at least got me to "the upgrade was not successful. Your previous version of Windows is being restored." Will try again another day .... "Andre Da Costa " wrote: Windows copies files to the disk, expands them, and restarts a couple times, install features, installs updates and...
October 13th 06 10:58 AM
by sherrye123 Go to last post
2 139
OS "freezing" on crcdisk.sys by Nickolay Maistrenko
Hello. While my PC "frezzing" aboute 5 minutes during booting from BootDVD or Instaled on HDD Vista? After 5 minutes system continued start Up and work normally. When booting in safe mode system freezing after load crcdisk.sys. What is the cause of this trouble? Vista b1 worked whithuot this problem :( But vis all newest relises (x86 and x64)I has this prolem. Aboute my hard: AMD64x2...
October 13th 06 10:54 AM
by Madden Go to last post

From The