Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Internet and Network Problems by Hooter
Installed Vista Beta 2 Build 5384 on my desktop in a separate partiton. It installed perfectly and ran perfectly including recognizing my internet connection and wireless network. I then received an invitation to download and install Build 5536 RC1. I did this and had trouble getting my network and internet connection recognized. I have cable broadband connected to a router with two other...
September 5th 06 09:34 PM
by Hooter Go to last post
1 556
Vista install failure by kenkun
I tried to install Vista 5536 and 5552, and everything were fine until last step "Completing installion." It suddenly showed blue screen about 1 or 2 sec, then keep rebooting. I already tried couple times, it just repeat same thing all the time. Please help me. Cpu: intel core 2 E6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Video Card: Nvidia 7900GT Ram: 1G HDD: Seagate 500G SATA
September 5th 06 11:58 PM
by Zorn Go to last post
4 857
Vista won't install by Ian
Hi, i've tried beta2 of vists, the cp build and the rc1 but can never get it to install. I have a decent system spec and the upgrade advisor says my pc is fine. im using an amd64 1gig ram 512mb 7800gt 200gb (not sata) WinFast PX6200 tctdh main board
September 6th 06 12:25 AM
by Ian Go to last post
4 529
Installation Key by ijaen
Any way to retrieve the key? Those of us that registered should be able to retrieve that info... "Colin Barnhorst" wrote: The Product ID (PID) is not the Product Key. There is nothing on the Welcome Center/More Details that reveals the Product Key or permits requesting a new one. There is a link for entering a new Product Key if the user has received one.
September 6th 06 01:37 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 529
No product key was given to me at link for first 100,000? by JonnyBlaze
I frequent the site hardocp.com. One of their news articles directed readers to microsoft's site to be one of the first 100,000 people to download the new beta. I proceeded to the site, I downloaded the iso. I found it very odd, at the time that no key was found nor did it mention it. I concluded that maybe a key just wasn't necessary for the beta. I burned the iso, rebooted,...
September 6th 06 02:06 AM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
7 443
Installation quits because it says nero burning rom is installed by Michelle
Hello, I am upgrading from Beta 2 to rc1. The installer quits because it says I have Nero installed. It tells me to go and remove it in the Control panel. When I tried this the Microsoft installer crashed (many times). I have gone through my entire registry and disks cleaning out every instance of 'nero' or 'ahead' (I had no IDEA how much they toss into the registry!) trying to get this to...
September 6th 06 03:51 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 439
Build Number for RC1? by LaRoux
Does anyone know what the build number is for the official RC1? Either there's a lot of confusion out there between pre-RC1 and RC1 or Build 5536 has turned from pre-RC1 into RC1. I'm asking because I have 5536 and it seems to install and run beautifully but if there is another more "official" build coming in the next few days, I'd rather spend more time on it instead.
September 6th 06 05:02 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
3 402
Adding XP to already installed Vista / Triple Boot even?!? by Jamie Furlong
Long story cut short is: HDD died, went to re-install, could not find XP packet anywhere, so divided new 80Gb HDD into equal NTFS and FAT32 partitions and stuck Vista on the NTFS partition. Now found XP, want to keep Vista until it expires though. What's the easiest way? I've seen various guides involving gparted etc, but they always involve a fresh install.
September 6th 06 08:40 AM
by Ron Rector Go to last post
2 463
Installation problems by ablackit
Hi people. Installing Vista B2, severals times, occurred this error: "an error occurred while laying down images" and Vista don't install. Can someone explane what's happened? Pc's configuration: P4EE 3,4 (sk478) MB Asus P4S800DX 2 GB Ram Corsair TwinX CL2 (2 x 1 GB matched pair) Agp 8X GeForce 6200 Pro 256 GDDR
September 6th 06 09:58 AM
by ablackit Go to last post
0 444
Installation says it can't find suitable drives to install to?! by Shinobi
I've tried installing pre-rc1 and RC1, and both have the same bug. Beta1 didn't work either, same error, but for some reason Beta 2 would install. The brand new RC1 drivers from Nvidia does not work, vista never even appears to attempt to load the raid system. I'm loading the drivers from a sd-card. When the raid is active, I can't see ANY drives in the list.
September 6th 06 12:52 PM
by Shinobi Go to last post
0 448
Installation says it can't find suitable drives to install to?! by Shinobi
I've tried installing pre-rc1 and RC1, and both have the same bug. Beta1 didn't work either, same error, but for some reason Beta 2 would install. The brand new RC1 drivers from Nvidia does not work, vista never even appears to attempt to load the raid system. I'm loading the drivers from a sd-card. When the raid is active, I can't see ANY drives in the list.
September 6th 06 12:53 PM
by Shinobi Go to last post
0 368
I lost my beta 2 product key, how can I get it back? by Leonard
I also lost the email that contains the product key assigned by Microsoft. Is there any way to get it back. I search the registry of vista beta 2 but do not find it.
September 6th 06 01:48 PM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
2 436
Pre-RC1 Installation fails by Eric Solomon
I've been trying for the past 3 hours to get the Pre-RC1 of Vista to install. I first tried to upgrade my Vista Beta 2 installation by booting the the DVD (like you would with XP) but was informed that I would actually have to launch the installer from within Beta 2 to do so. So I exited, logged into Beta 2, and upon my attempt to upgrade, I received the following error: "Windows cannot...
September 6th 06 08:40 PM
by Eric Solomon Go to last post
0 413
cannot install pre RC1...could not install Beta by M. Trussell
Trying to install preRC1, I get a message saying "Windows Setup cannot determine if this computer supports installing this version of Windows." I do not have anything strange connected to my computer and it is an ASUS mother board with AMD 4800 chip , nvidia 7800 GT video, couple of SATA harddrives 2 g memory and it is only a year old. We have disconnected everything 1 by 1 and it still...
September 6th 06 09:37 PM
by Shane Go to last post
3 408
Website says an email way sent to CPP members - I never got an ema by Jonathan Dewar
I remember explicity signing up for the CPP this summer on two different email addresses to make sure I got a flexible amount of keys and I've not gotten an email from Microsoft on either address. I know that I can't even ask for support on this, but to be quite frank...when their website SAYS that it was sent in early in the first few days of September and I never got one even though I...
September 6th 06 11:16 PM
by Jonathan Dewar Go to last post
0 437
Atapi CD/DVD-Rom Driver Corruption by John
As I was booting Vista last evening, I got past the password screen to my desktop for a very brief moment. Then, I got a very brief flash of the blue screen of death and then the machine rebooted. Upon reboot, my CD/DVD-Rom no longer functions. I try uninstalling the cd-rom in the device manager and then adding new hardware. Unfortunately, I get a driver corrupted or missing message. Is...
September 6th 06 11:46 PM
by John Go to last post
3 493
Vista RC1 to general testers by Andre
Does anybody know when they will release the RC1 to the General testers or CPP. Also, Does anybody know if the ATI 9700 Pro w/tuner will work in Vista. The card works great in Vista but can't see tuner. Thanks -- Andre
September 7th 06 01:13 AM
by Jim McCree Go to last post
4 403
RC1: Two Install Failures by JB
Just for the record: Both work and home both installs failed to complete. Both hung just before the end of the install. Rebooting though solved the problem althought both were left without sound (x-fi and onboard sound). RT
September 7th 06 01:31 AM
by JB Go to last post
0 425
Setup to input Chinese Character by Ian Wong
I have installed the Vista and I can setup the chinese. However, when I have installed the office 2000 SR-1 (Chinese Version), Vista will point up some warning message. Then I have installed the English Language pack with office 2000 SR-1 for english menu bar for Office 2000, but it is not in order. And the input method of chinese is not work now. What is happened ?
September 7th 06 01:39 AM
by Ian Wong Go to last post
0 464
Office 2000 SR-1 (Chinese) with Vista by Ian Wong
I have installed the Vista and office 2000 SR-1 (Chinese Version). The input method of changjei is in order. But, after installed the english language pack of office 2000, the input method cannot display the chinese character when I have typed the code of the method. What is happened ?
September 7th 06 01:43 AM
by Ian Wong Go to last post

From The