Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
no more possible to repair the computer - windows vista by skynet
Concerns windows vista home premium sp1 installed on a Toshiba Satellite A100-819. The operating system is working normally, and also all installed software works fine. But it's no more possible to: - use windows update: after a while there is a message that no updates are possible. I have installed a program from Microsoft for 'auto' installing updates, but no help.
March 16th 10 09:24 AM
by skynet Go to last post
0 537
Registry repair deleted startup by Ricka1130
I did a registry repair on my acer aspire 5335 laptop before I could look at the files before deleting my laptop restarted automatically I went to turn it on and the screen came up saying launch startup repair or start windows normally after choosing both options the screen comes up with a message saying windows failed to start insert windows installation disc and only those two screens back...
March 15th 10 02:36 AM
by Shenan Stanley Go to last post
4 535
Registry repair deleted startup by Ricka1130
I did a registry repair on my acer aspire 5335 laptop before I could look at the files before deleting my laptop restarted automatically I went to turn it on and the screen came up saying launch startup repair or start windows normally after choosing both options the screen comes up with a message saying windows failed to start insert windows installation disc and only those two screens back...
March 14th 10 09:22 PM
by Ricka1130 Go to last post
0 407
HP Pavilion dv6000 won't load vista by r3n3r4d3
Hi all This is what happened I woke up at 6 to go work, i left my laptop on all night, so i decided to shut it off before i go to work. I JUST came back, and when i start it, the HP loading screen works, then it loaded in my vista home premium. i type my password, but it was frozen already.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 14th 10 12:41 AM
by loyal22pac Go to last post
24 1,571
Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility by Roger Stenson[_2_]
Hi all We use a Vista system to display the running results in our bridge club on a web page. The system has two screens,, one showing the control page for the bridge results system, the other showing the running results for the event as a web page. In the power settings if have selected "Never" against turn off the display. In spite of that the both screens are blacked out for long periods...
March 13th 10 09:24 PM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post
6 546
spell check in English by jhgay11
When I attempt use use spell check I get a message that tells me spell check is no longer available in English. What gives?
March 13th 10 12:21 AM
by jhgay11 Go to last post
0 435
Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility by Roger Stenson[_2_]
Hi all We use a Vista system to display the running results in our bridge club on a web page. The system has two screens,, one showing the control page for the bridge results system, the other showing the running results for the event as a web page. In the power settings if have selected "Never" against turn off the display. In spite of that the both screens are blacked out for long periods...
March 12th 10 07:25 AM
by Roger Stenson[_2_] Go to last post
0 389
find files and folders by Des
Hi. The beuty of windows XP was its search facility. You could Find files/folders between dates containing text. Can't do this in Vista/ Windows 7 Desmond.
March 11th 10 10:13 AM
by Des Go to last post
0 375
find files and folders by Des
Hi. The beuty of windows XP was its search facility. You could Find files/folders between dates containing text. Can't do this in Vista/ Windows 7 Desmond.
March 11th 10 10:13 AM
by Des Go to last post
0 569
Tilia 2.0.2 HTML help is not installed by Luzula
I have installed the program *Tilia 2.0.2* for WIN 95/98 on Windows Vista and when I tray to open program error message is displayed "HTML Help is not installed on this PC. Error Code = 2." I have installed WinHlp32.exe (Windows6.0-KB917607) and htmlhelp.exe from 'Microsoft HTML Help Downloads' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms669985%28VS.85%29.aspx) but it doesn't help. This programm...
March 11th 10 05:00 AM
by Luzula Go to last post
0 431
I can't get AIK to install by drumz
Running Vista Home Premium on a Toshiba Laptop with 2MB RAM and a DVD/CD burner. I downloaded 6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aikl_en.iso.zip from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=94BB6E34-D890-4932-81A5-5B50C657DE08&displaylang=en I unzip it to a DVD and take the DVD out and autorun kicks in and I get the AIK menu and click install. I startsd installing and then @ 30% of...
March 7th 10 07:28 PM
by drumz Go to last post
6 587
Norton Ghost Uses a Bootable CD by Patrick Whittle
I need to create a bootable CD. How do I get a CD to load install.exe when the computer starts? In the DOS days, it was simple... with autoexec.bat
March 7th 10 01:40 AM
by David H. Lipman Go to last post
2 522
Norton Ghost Uses a Bootable CD by Patrick Whittle
I need to create a bootable CD. How do I get a CD to load install.exe when the computer starts? In the DOS days, it was simple... with autoexec.bat
March 7th 10 12:51 AM
by Patrick Whittle Go to last post
0 470
How do I use bcdedit to boot from old Vista harddrive on eSata port? by David J Parker [MVP Visio]
I bought a new hd for my existing laptop which had Vista Ultimate on it. I removed the Vista hd and fixed it in an eSata enclosure, then loaded Windows 7 on new hd I successfully created dualboot on new hd with Windows 2008 R2 vhd, using bcdedit (with clear instructions from a colleague) I hoped to add third boot option using bcdedit for the eSata drive so that I could use my existing Vista...
March 4th 10 10:42 AM
by David J Parker [MVP Visio] Go to last post
0 552
How do I use bcdedit to boot from old Vista harddrive on eSata port? by David J Parker [MVP Visio]
I bought a new hd for my existing laptop which had Vista Ultimate on it. I removed the Vista hd and fixed it in an eSata enclosure, then loaded Windows 7 on new hd I successfully created dualboot on new hd with Windows 2008 R2 vhd, using bcdedit (with clear instructions from a colleague) I hoped to add third boot option using bcdedit for the eSata drive so that I could use my existing Vista...
March 4th 10 10:42 AM
by David J Parker [MVP Visio] Go to last post
0 409
email by addresses
i cant send messages
March 4th 10 10:40 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 478
Freezing on Disk.sys or crcdisk.sys? I've got a possible solution by veer
My problem started when my lapotp (MSI MS1029) froze when running super pi and cpu z. Afterwards, when I tried to boot it would hang on the loading vista screen, and in safe mode it would hang on crcdisk. After a lot of searching, I think I've found a possible solution: This is what I did: 1. Leave your laptop running until the battery COMPLETELY runs out. Like, when you press power absolutely...
March 3rd 10 11:27 PM
by tcfloyd Go to last post
2 522
I can't get AIK to install by drumz
Running Vista Home Premium on a Toshiba Laptop with 2MB RAM and a DVD/CD burner. I downloaded 6001.18000.080118-1840-kb3aikl_en.iso.zip from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=94BB6E34-D890-4932-81A5-5B50C657DE08&displaylang=en I unzip it to a DVD and take the DVD out and autorun kicks in and I get the AIK menu and click install. I startsd installing and then @ 30% of...
March 3rd 10 07:53 PM
by drumz Go to last post
0 455
Dual Boot Windows 7 by J
I have Vista and Win 7 dual boot from 2 HDD's. I would get the black and white screen that let me choose which I wanted to boot. I had to reinstall W7 and now that option is no longer their. I booted from the W7 update DVD and when I got to the part of selecting the partion I chose the one that did have 7 on it and formatted it then installed it. Why am I no longer given the dual option...
February 26th 10 11:49 PM
by Andy Go to last post
4 625
Dual Boot Windows 7 by J
I have Vista and Win 7 dual boot from 2 HDD's. I would get the black and white screen that let me choose which I wanted to boot. I had to reinstall W7 and now that option is no longer their. I booted from the W7 update DVD and when I got to the part of selecting the partion I chose the one that did have 7 on it and formatted it then installed it. Why am I no longer given the dual option...
February 26th 10 07:22 AM
by J Go to last post

From The