Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Microsoft office 2007 by Wayne Palmer
Hi, I have Microsoft office 2007 on my laptop but was wondering if the same licence can be used on my desktop PC.
February 25th 08 01:52 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 255
Limited Connectivity Issue with Wireless Router by Martin Qian
Issue: Every time when boot up, the system CAN connect to the Wireless Router. But when using it for a while ( 10mins ~5 mins), the system pop up a message and shows Limited Connectivity and I lost the internet Connections...and the system shows that the Wireless Card ( intel 3945ABG) was disable.(which is not able to enabled unless reboot) The rest of my Laptop( XP SP2) just works Fine on...
February 25th 08 01:35 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_447_] Go to last post
1 233
Can't connect to VPN - The reason code returned on termination is by BillH
I've seen this error posted, but have yet to see a resolution to it. I have no problem connectiong to this VPN on my XP machine, but my new Vista machine refuses to connect with the error message in the event log: "... The reason code returned on termination is 828". I've found out this is a timeout and I checked the idle timeout drop down and it was set to "never" so that seems unlikely...
February 25th 08 01:32 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_446_] Go to last post
6 286
trouble moving files from local drive to network drive by dwsdad
I'n running Vista Home Premium on a Gateway GT5405E with a network drive attached. Vista will lose sight of the file on local drive (c:\) when i try to copy a 350Mb file from the local drive to the networked drive. At times it will even try to tell me that the network either isn't there or a device using that name and it will not copy.
February 25th 08 11:32 AM
by dwsdad Go to last post
0 247
user share folder and SBS by Danilo
Hi i have a small network with sbs2003r2 and 10 vista business ed. i redirect the documents folder to server older on my network. Result vista renamed all users folder in documents. I read too late microsoft document kb947222. Now i wasn't able to restore the network folder to original name vista see always documents. Can help to resolve this problem tia danilo
February 25th 08 07:50 AM
by Danilo Go to last post
0 216
Vista judged and found to be by E.F. Hokie
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:28:58 -0800, Trent Woodruff wrote... I do not run a virus program on my computers as a background process. I don't even have one installed currently. In the last 10 years, I've had one virus make it through and infect my system. Then you are both very dumb and very lucky. Or you don't access the Internet at all. I can believe him without needing to...
February 25th 08 06:47 AM
by E.F. Hokie Go to last post
0 220
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of by Jay
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts... keep on getting that error on vista home premium when i am trying to use bittorent to get linux distro. Official fix from microsoft or ability of some programs to bypass TCP/IP limit would be really helpfull.
February 25th 08 03:01 AM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
1 217
remote assistance by karl
I am able to connect to my home computer from a remote location through remote desktop connection by entering in my ip address and configuring my home computer to enable multidmz for the network. Thus remote desktop connection is able to connect only when this is enabled so my computer is see on the world wide web instead of just my home netork. I don't know if remote assistance requires...
February 25th 08 02:31 AM
by churin Go to last post
2 273
Vista judged and found to be by Dan S.
slow, cumbersome, unfriendly to other Windows OSes when networked, unfriendly to MS powertoys, yet still elegent in in its GUI (when it finally gets around to it) -- one might say, almost Macish. Yurs, Dan
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 08 01:01 AM
by Trent Woodruff Go to last post
12 451
24-Hour Internet by Robert Johnson[_2_]
I have a fairly new Dell desktop stand-alone system with Vista Home Premium. I don't use standby or sleep; when it is on, it's always full power. Usually, I shutdown once each day, but occasionally not. I've noticed that if the system is powered up for more than 24 hours or so, it will disconnect from the internet (AT&T DSL with a Speedstream 5100b modem). Is this behavior normal, perhaps...
February 25th 08 12:01 AM
by Robert Johnson[_2_] Go to last post
2 251
ISP is switched and lost ability to establish RA connection by churin
My "regular" RA partner(help recipient) switched ISP and we no longer able to establish connection for Remote Assistance. Symptom is that I accept a request for RA and my partner sees IM that indicates I accepted the request but does not see any further prompt to respond to complete the connection process. I do not have proof that the culprit is the new ISP but wonder if it could be....
February 24th 08 11:36 PM
by churin Go to last post
2 233
Wired Network, but only wireless option shows in network setup by trlange
HI, I am currently experirncing the same issues you describe. I just registered so that I can ask you if you ever found a way to use the wired router (common internet connection) and also have a background wired network between a couple of PCs. Any help is appreciated. -- trlange
February 24th 08 11:15 PM
by trlange Go to last post
0 202
Switch ISP and no longer RA connection by churin
My "regular" RA partner(help recepient) switched ISP and we no longer establish connection for Remote Assistance. Simptom is that I accept the request for RA and my partner see IM that indicates I accepted the request but does not see any further prompt to respond to. I do not have any proof that the culprit is the new ISP but could it be? If so, and suppose it is, then what of the ISP could...
February 24th 08 09:41 PM
by churin Go to last post
0 208
networking problem Windows Vista and Windows ME by Norton
I have 2 computers networked one running Vista and is wired to my router and the other an old ME and is a wireless connection. Both computers recognize each other and I can access all folders on the ME computer from the Vista with no problems. I have the ME computer allowed only to see the public folder on the Vista. The ME can see the folders allowed however when I try to access them the...
February 24th 08 09:17 PM
by Chuck [MVP] Go to last post
1 219
How to bypass TCP/IP Connection limits ? (Event ID 4226 ) by DJ_GLOOR
Hi there, I want to know if there is any way to bypass the TCP/IP connection limitations in Vista Home premium as of jan 2008? Event ID 4226. I know in the past there were patches out there but none of them work anymore. I am not encouraging any P2P here but it's anoying to download at 20K/sec when you have a P2P group/server between friends to excahnge huge files for work! Microsoft maybe...
February 24th 08 09:05 PM
by shaddix Go to last post
5 1,322
Remote Desktop by zerocool
Hi was wondering if there is anyway of adding remote desktop to windows vista premium as have upgraded from windows mce 2005 which had this function and vista doesnt unless u have business or ultimate but i bought ome premium because i use media centre i think having to buy ultimate to get something as simple as remote desktop is a little tight as mce 2005 had it as it ran on xp pro. but as...
February 24th 08 04:47 PM
by zerocool Go to last post
0 229
Two vista computers can't communicate by Gretzki
I have 2 vista computers. A while ago when i used them in a small network they were accessible. The connection is made through a small router. Yesterday when i was operating on one of them and trying to access the other it popped an error, something like "Can't access this computer, talk to your administrator, blah blah blah"(i am the admin). But no... instead i could access another computer...
February 24th 08 01:52 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_443_] Go to last post
1 258
publication service device host by [email protected]
i recently had my laptop reformatted, before this I was able to access the small network I use using ethernet hub. Now I cannot find the server (or other computers connected to it) I can access the net and I have the microsoft publication service device host icon showing. All settings are as they should be. I have taken my laptop into a service company and they were able to find their network...
February 24th 08 12:51 PM
by qwert Go to last post
1 343
How do I enable DHCP on my network adapter? by noctcrawler
When I check the status of my network adapter, it says that DHCP is not enabled. How do I enable it in Windows Vista Ultimate? I'm trying to enable it for ICS to/with a windows XP Pro computer. The other computer (XP) is not auto configuring itself with the right type of network settings. (IP, Subnet mask, & Gateway) For instance: it will configure itself to use 169.254.37.72, 255.255.0.0...
February 24th 08 11:52 AM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
4 352
STOP Sharing folders, files and subfolders by -jim
I have a many GB of data that was copied to a Vista Ultimate machine to my home folder though rsync. All of the items copied came though as not owned by me and they are all marked shared. Although i am curious why they would not be owned by me, I think I have that corrected, but when I right click a folder and select sharing-Stop Sharing, it quits sharing the folder, but any files and...
February 24th 08 11:34 AM
by -jim Go to last post

From The