Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Logon Credential by guitardude[_2_]
I have Vista Home Premium. I have drive z: mapped to drive c: on another computer in my network. I use wireless and it takes a minute for my wireless to come up, and by then Windows has already said that it cannot connect to the mapped drive. When I manually connect through My Computer i have to enter a password to let me have access the docs and settings folder. I went to User Accounts Manage...
February 14th 08 12:18 PM
by guitardude[_2_] Go to last post
0 241
wireless usb problem, must restart by LS1Maro
my network about every hour or so, or under heavy traffic suddenly stops working. its like the OS doesnt even recognize it at all. i can remove and replug it in without the OS recognizing a device has been unplugged/plugged in. the only thing that will fix it is to reboot. ive tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software and changing the usb ports it plugs into, but to no avail. its a linksys...
February 14th 08 03:45 AM
by LS1Maro Go to last post
0 288
vista business login to sbs 2003 r2 by Joe
I have 2 vista business pc that are configured to login to a sbs2003 r2 server. When they boot up and I get past the windows flag, they just say please wait and after i login, i wait even more. Any way to resolve this super slow login? Also on the vista pc is quickbooks 2007 pro and it cannot open up the company file on the server, i just get the blue circle spinning, no error or nothing....
February 14th 08 03:24 AM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_400_] Go to last post
1 250
Latest windows update fix xp to vista network problem by Sähkäri
Today microsoft public 11 new updates and my computers show now my network where have xp and vista computers and buffalo linkstation. And my 2 friend say same happend they network. If you have broblem xp and vista network make windows update.
February 14th 08 02:16 AM
by PC Medic Go to last post
3 263
Stopping the windows wireless service? by Powerlifter125
I have a lenovo laptop with vista business installed. I want to use the thinkvantage access connections 4 which is designed for windows vista and I have used this software previously. The problem is that the thinkvantage software keeps telling me that currently windows wireless service is controlling the wireless networks and I dont want it to. I have tried stopping the WLan autoconfig in...
February 13th 08 11:57 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
1 218
Different Vista XP networking problem by pwolsty
Hi all. There are a lot of threads about on various sites about the problems of introducing a Vista PC into a network of XP desktops, but none of them answer my problem. Here it is: I have a network of two XP desktops and one laptop. My old laptop also used XP but this has since been replaced by a new Vista laptop. When I first introduced the laptop all was well and i could access any file...
February 13th 08 09:48 PM
by pwolsty[_7_] Go to last post
8 273
Can't access shares on system drive after installation of McAfee Security Center by Balroc
I have a home network where a Windows XP Pro desktop system with 2 drives is a shared server of folders to my Vista Ultimate notebook. Recently, my Norton subscription was up and I switched to McAfee Security Suite , which is free from my ISP - Comcast. Since then, I cannot access any shared folders on my C drive (e.go. My Documents). I get an error stating "Not enough server storage is...
February 13th 08 07:27 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 234
Printing through network by Andy
Hi i run a wirless net work with 2 XP computers and 1 vista computers I can see every one on my network map on my vista computer but not in the network section. My printer is slaved off of my desktop XP and my XP laptop can print to it. However I can't get my Vista lap top to access the hard drive of either computer or the printer. I have install the patch on both xp computers and the...
February 13th 08 06:00 PM
by Andy Go to last post
5 263
How do I change WEP to WPA to fix network connection? by Patrick V
My Belkin network adapter (F5D9050UK) recognises my home Airport network (and the networks of several neighbours). Device Manager says the Belkin is working correctly. However, it won't connect to the WWW. It prompts for a WEP password, which I enter, and which works for other XP computers in the network but then fails to connect this one, with the message 'Connection failed'. The...
February 13th 08 05:38 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
1 271
help with bluetooth! by Veteran
I have an Acer Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. Can anyone pls help me to find out how bluetooth works ? I am trying to understand how to connect it with other devices like my mobile (Nokia 6131) . Please notice that i am just now trying to understand what bluetooth means... thanx
February 13th 08 05:36 PM
by mb76[_9_] Go to last post
5 333
Redirected User folder by Some Vista User
Good day, Okay, I am running Vista Business, on a Dell Latitude D830 with 4GB RAM, and 256Mb nVidia graphics card, and for the most part Vista performance pretty well. The computer has been joined to a domain, and the "My Documents" folder has been redirected to a network share. The problem is that when I click "Start" and look on the program bar, I see "John Doe" and "JDoe" listed. ...
February 13th 08 05:32 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
1 213
IP gets changed automatically by Aady
Hi, I am using window Vista OS . The IP address assigned to my PC by sify is 10.x.x.x. Usually when i connect the lan cable to my laptop and check uing ipcofig i get the same IP ,But every now and then the IP gets chaged to some other IP y.y.y.y .Now when i go and check using the IP config my y.y.y.y Ip becomes the prefereed IP and 169.x.x.x becomes the duplicate IP But if i check in the...
February 13th 08 03:52 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_393_] Go to last post
4 420
UPNP and Messenger problem by Daniel
Hi there. I have vista and a router with UPnP enabled on it. 90% of the time, the video call quality is poor on messenger, I'm fairly sure this has correlation with the fact that 90% of the time in the connection status, it reports as being connected through a non upnp port. This is giving me a headache now, especially do to the fact that it decides seemingly to change at random. Earlier...
February 13th 08 02:55 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
0 243
Vista and WPA-PSk by Clmg-Skynet
I just received my new laptop Dell Inspiron 1720 an tried to configure wireless networking with O.S. Vista Home Premium. Router Brand : Philips. I have no problem with my 3 other PC running XP-SP2 Issue with Vista, Wireless networking doesn't work at all if I choose security based on WPA-PSK (TKIP) If I use WEP, network works fine. WEP is not a good choice for me and I would like to have...
February 13th 08 02:35 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
3 245
Upgraded to Ultimate & still can't join a domain!!! by Mike
Upgraded my Home Premium to Ultimate & cannot join my Win2k3 AD Domain!!! I can sit here & use my XP laptop & join no problem, but this Ultimate piece of..... well, it just won't join! I feel its a name resolution issue between this computer & DC, although I have run dcdiag on my DC & everything passes. When trying to join just using domainname, I am prompted for a username & password for...
February 13th 08 01:32 PM
by Brock Petersack Go to last post
2 224
Sync problem between a QTEK 9100 & Windows vista by Henri Biron
Hi, can anyone help me solve following problem. I have a QTEK PDA / Phone i connect via USB cable to a laptop. The laptop, a fujitsu-siemens runs Vista Home Premium. The QTEK runs Windows v5.0 The firewall used is the one Gdata internet security suite. I disabled the suite completely and installed the WMDC 6.1.
February 13th 08 07:48 AM
by Henri Biron Go to last post
0 243
Local shares not accessible by Dirk Grunewald
Hi, I have the following problem on a Vista Ultimate machine: - I am logged on with local admin rights, the server service is running and file and printer sharing is turned on. - The machine is connected to the local network and can connect to the internet. - Unfortunately, the local network shares on this machine (local harddrive) are not accessible from my local user account.
February 13th 08 07:32 AM
by Dirk Grunewald Go to last post
2 206
permission by Stan
can't get access to network vista computer from xp computer. can anybody help
February 13th 08 07:16 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 204
Error code 0x80070035 by Jure Knez
Hi, I have problem when accessing shared folder on server. When I try to access shared folder I recive this error: "Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found." OS on source computer is Windows Vista Home OS on server is Windows 2000 Server
February 13th 08 06:03 AM
by Jure Knez Go to last post
5 226
VISTA "renaming" network shared folders by sbwdc
We are running a Windows Server 2003 domain and are in the process of replacing all XP PC's with VISTA boxes. Currently all users have a folder on a Server 2003 file server and the "My Documents" folder from their XP machines is mapped to their folder on the network share. Currently I have upgraded 5 staff to VISTA and mapped their shared documents folder without any problem. BUT when I...
February 13th 08 02:47 AM
by sbwdc Go to last post

From The