Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
IIS in Vista Ultimate - Is it as good as I hope? by Presto[_2_]
My old server running Win 2003 fried recently and I can't afford to get new hardware right now. I will be running a PC with Vista Ultimate. I noticed that it has IIS services like FTP and a web server? IS THIS TRUE??? I ***hope*** so. I used to run a simple web server with WinXPPro. Does anyone here have experience with the builtin web services, and it is
February 24th 09 01:33 AM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
4 177
Windows Vista user connection to Server 2003 by ConeCraft, Inc.
I have 3 computers running Windows XP and one computer running Vista. The user names and passwords defined in the server are identical to the user names and passwords at each local computer. When a user logs on to a local computer, they then have access to the server. I have another Vista machine that I am adding to the network. I have defined the user name and password identical to a user...
February 23rd 09 11:29 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 165
Problem Syncing Network Folders by Marconius
I've just picked up a laptop which came preinstalled with Vista and am slowly getting used to use it. I have a wireless network at home (the laptop, 2 desktops & network storage drive). I have a folder on the Network storage drive that I'd like to have synced with the laptop so I can work with the files while away from home, but I can't get the files to sync. What I have tried so far is...
February 23rd 09 10:43 PM
by Marconius Go to last post
1 158
QUESTION: Sharing Vista Folders (w/XP?) by Steve[_46_]
Hi... I have 6 XP PCs and just setting up a Vista PC... with a small LAN. On the Vista... I shared DESKTOP and DOCUMENTS (only)... gave EVERYONE permissions, etc... no problem on that. However... what's confusing/annoying is... opening My Network Places shows PUBLIC and USERS on the Vista PC... and NOT DESKTOP and DOCUMENTS. 1. Why is USERS shown? I didn't share this higher folder?
February 23rd 09 06:22 PM
by Steve[_46_] Go to last post
2 184
Sharing one way only by ybor_knight
On my home network I have a PC and a laptop, both running vista.  Both have network discovery on and sharing enabled.  Firewalls are disabled.  My Laptop can connect to my PC's public folder, but my pc cannot connect to my laptop.  Anyone have a sugestion for what I need to do? Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
February 23rd 09 11:24 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 213
2 peer issues by jblynch
It used to be a simple matter of turning on the hard of a hard drive and you were home. In my situation now: 1. My 2nd floor Win 2000 pc can't get into my Vista 64 drives even though I've gone through all the settings I can find to share everything. 2. On my primary Vista 64 machine that now has a separate Vista 32 drive, the 64 setup can see the 32 drive but not the other way around that I...
February 23rd 09 11:23 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 193
Can connect to router but not to internet? by getyourbodyonth
ok boys... here is the solution.... The problem is Windows Vista Home Premium does not know how to connect to wireless networks using the WEP Key... If you Disable Wireless Security (i.e. No WEP Key)... and try to connect to your router.... you will have LOCAL AND INTERNET connection... and your Vista Home Premium connects to the internet wirelessly...
February 23rd 09 07:47 AM
by wizz[_2_] Go to last post
1 193
Local Only Help by Ghozan
Hi there, I'm having some problems with a network connection, let me explain some back story. Me and my friend are presently at a sixth form college and are trying to get onto our network at the school. Wirelessly the network is protected by a WEP key and the teachers refuse to give that to the students. We then went to an ICT room in one of our free times and connected a laptop via the Ethernet...
February 22nd 09 06:39 PM
by getyourbodyonth Go to last post
1 214
Network password problem by watashee
Hi, I have Vista x64 om my new puter and am trying to get my two other puters networked. They still communicate with each other. One is xp and one is vista hp. My shared folders show up on those two but when I try to access my shared folders they aks for a user name and pw. I have no idea what that un & pw could be! I have pw control clicked off on my puter but that doesn't seem to make a...
February 22nd 09 04:11 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 184
Vista Business VPN Client cannot see SBS 2000 Domain Computer by Brian McGuigan[_2_]
I have a Vista Business client that attaches to a SBS 2000 Domain using VPN. Sometimes when I connect, the client cannot see the computers attached to the remote LAN - at other times it can. We also have a remote XP Client that also attaches in the same way. We have checked very carefully that we are using the same parameters on both machines, but can't stop the problem from recurring
February 22nd 09 03:16 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1389_] Go to last post
1 222
windows calendar sharing by bear[_2_]
We have a home network works fine. I would like to share the Vista windows calendar amoung the 3 computers but haven't been able to figure out how to "publish" it. Please help. Thanks
February 21st 09 09:27 PM
by Sooner Al [MVP] Go to last post
1 223
Maped Network Drive isn't accessable by jimp
Just got a new laptop with Vista Premium on it. Want to connect it to my home network which runs XP. The drives map and show up in My Computer, however when I want to connect from one to the other I get the following error: "Windows cannot access \\OTHER DRIVE\c" My permissions on both machines is everyone has access to everything. When I press the Diagnose button I get that "c" is...
February 21st 09 09:07 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1388_] Go to last post
2 197
View Full Map for Network Map by scottpen
I believe I have tried everything to get Network mapping to work (which I can't) When I press View full map all I get is Windows cannot create the network map. Everthing is enabled as far as I know. Network discovery is on. Link layer driver is enabled in Group Policy, and Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper is started. Is their anything I am missing? Thank you in advance for your quick...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 21st 09 08:12 PM
by Bob27519 Go to last post
30 775
Net Send and Msg by zachlr
I understand that Net Send was replaced with Msg in Vista Business and Ultimate, but not Home. I am wondering if there is an application that will allow you to send and receive Net Send messages for Vista Home Premium. Surprisingly I am having a lot of trouble finding a program for this that works. I have tried Win Sent, but upon trying to send a message, I get an Access Violation message, and...
February 21st 09 04:54 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
3 272
New Vista Laptop Does Not Connect by Denis8991[_6_]
Just obtained a new Samsung laptop with Vista Home Premium. On wireless network I have MAC address filtering and WEP (yes, I know WPA is better), with three XP and one Vista computers already connecting. Two problems - firstly, when I use IPCONFIG/ALL in command prompt, the physical addresses of the network devices are all zeros - how do I get a proper address for the wireless card? Secondly,...
February 21st 09 03:41 PM
by Denis8991[_7_] Go to last post
2 206
Wireless Network Connection - Username, Password, and Logon Domain by Rook
I upgraded my home wireless network to a new belkin wireless N router from a belkin wireless G router. I set up the WEP encyrption and got all of my PCs seeing and using the router again. All of the PCs use USB adapters to connect to the router - and I could easily connect and put in the WEP encryption key to use. However, When I tried connecting my Vista based laptop, it sees the network...
February 21st 09 12:44 PM
by brian44cc Go to last post
3 334
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller route to no internet??? by bamboy
Hi, I need some serious help as soon as possible and all help will be greatly appreciated. Im using a HP Pavilion dv9700 notebook with vista 32bit OS installed. Note that when i did the following i was not connected to the internet: The problem only recently occured after i attempted ot remove Norton security centre from my computer. That uninstalled fine. I also
February 21st 09 07:25 AM
by cfcoote Go to last post
4 214
Automate adding a Route to a VPN connection by Rick Toner
I connect to quite a few Clients' VPNs and almost every time I have to disable "Use default gateway on remote network" so I can have it not route everything through their VPN connection. I then have batch files that I change the IP to the IP address assigned to the VPN connection that routes just to their network. Is there any way to automate adding a route to a VPN connection when I start...
February 20th 09 10:02 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1384_] Go to last post
1 197
Another Limited or No Connectivity by Tabatha
Maybe I'm missing the threads or overlooking them but I'm going to ask anyways. My husband and I bought a new computer that has Vista, the problem is, we set up the network using a crossover cable and they see each other just fine but the computer running XP cannot connect to the internet. I've also set up an ICS. I've tried about everything and ran the diagnostics multiple times to resolve...
February 20th 09 01:08 PM
by Vespera[_6_] Go to last post
2 181
A couple of home networking questions by Jim[_54_]
1) How many computers can I have in a peer to peer network at home? I seem to remember that the number is either 5 or 10. 2) What's the maximum storage limit of Vista and do mapped drives count against that limit? Thanks, Jim Handy
February 20th 09 04:33 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post

From The