Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How do I register older games in the Games Explorer by Mark
Just wondering if there is a way to register older games in Games Explorer. I've installed them and dragged the icon to the explorer, so at least they appear in the list but they show up as genre "unspecified". I've heard that there are game descriptor files but I can't find anything that sound like it. Can someone point me to some documentation? Mark
July 7th 07 07:46 AM
by Johannes Athmer Go to last post
1 406
Chess Titans has lost the 3D aspect by Peter
I have a high end computer with two 8800 GTS Nvidia cards. When I first ran Chess Titans it ran OK in 3D but since attempting to install Windows Mobile device Center the 3D has gone and wont come back. tried reinstalling game and latest drivers for card. Anyone any ideas? PC
July 7th 07 05:39 AM
by Peter Go to last post
2 307
Troubles installing LIVE games halo2/shadowrun by 31137 MonsteR
Any one having this problem, i found only one fix, the problem seems to be with upgrading instead of clean installing vista. I did a clean install and no problem, games installed and LIVE ran with no problem. sucks but thats seems to be the only fix, clean install really is cleaner though, i recommend it, just clone your hard drive before you proceed.
July 6th 07 05:06 PM
by 31137 MonsteR Go to last post
0 331
Hearts--locked to a single hand by turtlevoice
Whenever I start this game, I keep getting the same hand of cards. Help!
July 6th 07 01:38 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 315
Internet backgamon by natkarl
I have just upgraded from windows xp pro to windows vista ultimate. But I am unable to find the internet games that I used to play on xp. Backgammon was my favorite but I also played reversi etc. Where have they gone or is there a special way to access them now through vista?
July 6th 07 07:40 AM
by natkarl Go to last post
0 316
Java works under one user but not the other? updated question by rjboney
While trying to play POGO.com games. I got error msg . Pogo had worked prior to today. Something has changed, but I can not figure it out. I can log on to Pogo ok and play non-Java based games. When I select a Java based screen it goes to game popup and starts loading then popup closes and site goes to error msg. screen. It does this wheather I use IE7.0 or Firefox 2.0, I get the same error....
July 6th 07 07:05 AM
by rjboney Go to last post
2 301
Ventrilo and my microphone by joe_achille
I recently got a brand new computer that has Vista installed. I started isntalling all of my programs i use and i decided to start with ventrilo so i could talk to my friends while everything else installs. Well I got ventrilo working so i can folks talk but it doesn't seem to register my microphone. Any idea? Thanks Joe Achille
July 6th 07 06:40 AM
by Battletrowa Go to last post
1 339
headset for FSX on windows vista by alekryan
my flight simulator x runs fine on my windows vista 64 bit but when i play on multiplayer i cant get my headset so that i can hear people through the headphones
July 5th 07 06:08 PM
by alekryan Go to last post
0 323
Java does not work for only one Vista user acct. by rjboney
Java does not work for only one Vista user acct. I found this out while trying to play POGO.com games. I got error msg [java not found or not working. Pogo had worked prior to today. Something has changed, but I can not figure it out. Every thing works ok if I logout and log in under another user acct. I have full administer rights under my user acct. I am running Vista Ultimate build...
July 4th 07 09:41 PM
by Mohamed Khalid Go to last post
2 304
steam has stopped working by Patrick
A promblem has caused steam to stop working correctly. Window will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. This is the message that I get. Any suggestion. I am running vista 64
July 4th 07 06:44 AM
by Amrykid Go to last post
1 321
Taskbar, Start Menu, Desktop Icons, & R-Click all Missing by lynne
Hi, Twice now, I've tried to install a game I've used on at least five different computers (with XP) onto my new Dell XPS 410 with Vista Home Premium only to reach a point where there is an error in the install and suddenly my Taskbar, Start Menu, Desktop Icons are all Missing and I cannot right-click anywhere on the desktop. This is a brand new machine on which I'd done updates, and then...
July 4th 07 05:42 AM
by Adam W. Go to last post
4 284
Question about Vista +64 +nVidia by inputOutput
Hi everyone, I have a rather simple question. In the near future I am planning on creating a new gaming machine, that will feature amd64 processors. I was wondering how is Vista's current support for 64-bit and is it a better idea to stick with windows xp 64-bit edition. Another question is the current support of nVidia cards.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 07 09:53 PM
by Drew Boillot Go to last post
10 493
Vista Ultimate/ Gaming vs. Multi-tasking by Dave K
I think its about time Microsoft thought about how people actually use PC's if im going to play some games (like Battlefield 2142 or halo 3 or Doom 3) Im not going to be writing a spreadsheet in the background. Im not going to want a bling desktop that consumes 500mb or ram im going to want the game to run and run smoothly, Im going to want backward compatibility so the games I bought 6...
July 3rd 07 09:40 PM
by Drew Boillot Go to last post
6 286
Solitair etc on Vista Pro by Zane
I've just brought a new laptop with Vista Pro installed on it and shock horrar...... NO CARD GAMES, CHESS OR ANY THING. How do I get them?
July 3rd 07 09:20 PM
by Zane Go to last post
2 233
runtime error by FireScar
several of my game come up with a runtime error when i try to run them. installing them was fine and I have tried patch but they didn't help. does anyone know what i can do?
July 3rd 07 06:56 PM
by FireScar Go to last post
3 283
VISTA AND FS9 by 767 pilot
DOES ANYBODY HAVE THIS PROBLEM? installed Windows Vista Home Premium patched fs9 ,addon planes really slow frame rates about 4 to fps. yes, i have run as admin and turned off windows areo. tryed old and new video drivers. however if i pause the sim i can see 25 to 42 fps with moving spot plane views. video card is a sapphire 9600 xt raideon over clocked to 527mhz. i think i need a new video...
July 3rd 07 06:32 PM
by Andy Go to last post
2 306
Halo Multiplayer by hooty
I've got Halo, and recently got a Vista computer. I uploaded it and it all works fine. Except for multiplayer. It says I need to be an Administator to download the next patch. But I am the administator. I'm the only user the use this computer. Is there a way to bypass getting the patch? or can someone tell me how to download the patch without the error coming up?
July 3rd 07 05:39 PM
by Andy Go to last post
3 310
Do old games workon 64-bit vista? by Ismael
Hey, i am about to buy an hp pc, and it gives me an option of either 32bit or 64bit, software-wise, it doesnt matter, but i got to ask, will my old games like Age of mythology, red alert, etc. work on the 64 bit version? Thanks ~Ismael
July 3rd 07 05:14 PM
by Mohamed Khalid Go to last post
3 265
FSX install by Charles Shapiro
A clean install of Vista Ultimate. The only application installed was AVG Anti Virus. Installed FSX and there is no icon in Start All Programs. I then try to install a 3rd party app and it tells me that there is no registry entry for FSX. I was able to install FSUIPC4. Flight simulator DOES run. Weird. Any ideas? --
July 3rd 07 03:04 PM
by Mark Go to last post
5 332
Deleted "Games" Folder by Robin
My daughter accidently deleted the games that come with Vista Premium (and yes, the recycle bin has been emptied as well). How can I get these back? I love my solitaire!
July 3rd 07 02:52 PM
by Mark Go to last post

From The