Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
warcraft 3 on bnet by johnadams
I am greatly dissapointed that my new os is windows vista. After finding out i need to start wc 3 as an admin to even get online, I can not remain on bnet for more than a half hour after logging on, this is after adjusting the firewall. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? -- johnadams
August 17th 09 07:25 AM
by johnadams Go to last post
0 338
warcraft 3 on bnet by johnadams
I am greatly dissapointed that my new os is windows vista. After finding out i need to start wc 3 as an admin to even get online, I can not remain on bnet for more than a half hour after logging on, this is after adjusting the firewall. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? -- johnadams
August 17th 09 07:25 AM
by johnadams Go to last post
0 461
Vista Game Folder not working PLS HElP by kal2006
Hello guys I have ultimate vista64, When I open the game folder only a few games show and when I add shortcuts it doesnt work? I have lot of games missing in the game folder and When I try to add them again it doesnt work. I have used programs to clean my registry and I still have the same problem. Any Help? I went to options and click on show hidding games put there is no
August 17th 09 04:26 AM
by kal2006 Go to last post
0 386
Call of duty 4, mss32.dll not a valid x64 program? by Geelined
Hi, I tried installing CoD4, but when I try to run the game, it tells me mss32.dll isn't a valid x64bit program, (or something near that) Is there a fix for that, or an update? Thanks in advance! --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 16th 09 11:22 PM
by BloodClutch[_2_] Go to last post
26 1,885
diablo III by Aaron Hall
Any news yet on diablo III? and does anyone know if diablo and diabloII work on vista 64?
August 16th 09 11:09 PM
by Aaron Hall Go to last post
0 363
FSX running out of memory by Martin Racette
Hi, I'm trying to use FSX, but I can not make any flight that are more than 60minutes, after 60minutes FSX crash with a message that it has run out of memory, and that I should lower my video I have an Nvidia 8800GTS with 640Mb of RAM, and the computer has 4Gb of RAM, and when it crashes the memory is barely at 30% utilisation BTW the Video settings are 1600X1200X16
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 16th 09 12:37 PM
by DarkKnight Go to last post
21 1,233
Darkest Of Days Demo by Bob Shattler
Has anyone been able to load this demo into Vista? I've tried several times with no luck.
August 15th 09 02:16 PM
by Bob Shattler Go to last post
0 364
³Ì·s¤â¾÷¶}*ܯS»ù, ¥itrade-in¤â¾÷ by ¦¿°¶±j
¦¿¥ý¥Í 24230092
August 15th 09 02:51 AM
by ¦¿°¶±j Go to last post
0 500
How do I get my R/C controller to work in Vista? by ThePickler
I have a RealFlight R/C Simulator by Great Planes for PC. It is designed for a serial gameport. I do have a serial to USB adapter for it. It is not the Interlink model. My Vista PC does not have a serial gameport. When I try using the USB adapter it does not recognize my controller. My Windows XP machine on the other hand does have a serial gameport but dose not not recognize the...
August 14th 09 06:25 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 509
doom collectors edition by nanadel
i have tried mulitple types of compatability for this game and it will install fine but when i go to run it it gives me a message saying it cant find dplay.dll but when other people try it on their computers it will work fine so i know its not the cd or the copy of the files. what can i do?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 09 01:55 PM
by Funworld Go to last post
12 1,024
Punk buster and Vista by Elite879
Yes, that's right, another problem with punkbuster and Vista =/ After say, 25-30 mins of gameplay on battlefield 2142 pressing the esc key crashes the game, so does a map change. Also after 45 or so mins the game crashes anyway. If either of these crashes happen My comp gets a complete recourse lock up and I have to restart it via the button. It worked fine when I had xp but since getting a vista...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 12th 09 03:58 AM
by Elite879 Go to last post
25 1,185
Age of Empires II on Windows Vista by Bcrumm
I am attempting to play Age of Empires on Windows Vista. I can load and play the game, but sometimes (Almost always) the entire computer will freeze. I cannot even get back to my desktop using key strokes. I have to hold down the power button to shut the computer down. WHen I re-boot the computer the screen resolution is all messed up because it is still set to the low AOE II screen...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 12th 09 03:33 AM
by babyman[_2_] Go to last post
12 1,013
How do I get my R/C controller to work in Vista? by ThePickler
I have a RealFlight R/C Simulator by Great Planes for PC. It is designed for a serial gameport. I do have a serial to USB adapter for it. It is not the Interlink model. My Vista PC does not have a serial gameport. When I try using the USB adapter it does not recognize my controller. My Windows XP machine on the other hand does have a serial gameport but dose not not recognize the...
August 11th 09 11:54 PM
by ThePickler Go to last post
0 373
directx surface unavailable by Sergio
i have a windows vista XPS, and wen i want to play cashflow 101 appears this message "directx surface unabvailable" how can i fix this?
August 10th 09 08:45 AM
by mrreyrodrigo Go to last post
3 1,044
Cannot Run Standard Games.... by Martin
I've got a new laptop with Vista Home Basic installed. When I try to run any of the standard games, I get the following message: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an asscociation in the Set Asscociations control panel. Why weren't the associations set when Vista was installed? What might have delted them? How exactly do I reset the...
August 10th 09 01:01 AM
by Martin Go to last post
2 459
Cannot Run Standard Games.... by Martin
I've got a new laptop with Vista Home Basic installed. When I try to run any of the standard games, I get the following message: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an asscociation in the Set Asscociations control panel. Why weren't the associations set when Vista was installed? What might have delted them? How exactly do I reset the...
August 10th 09 12:31 AM
by Martin Go to last post
0 341
API Error by Tee
Hello everyone, I'm sorry if I don't have this in the proper group..I wasnt sure where to post my question... I have been getting the following error message: "Must call RA_Initialize before any other API function."
August 9th 09 01:54 PM
by Tee Go to last post
2 524
Chinese Language TheFrozenThrone on Vista 32bit by kainjiang
I can't install my WCF3 TheFrozenThrone(in simp chinese version) on my Vista(Eng version) 32bit OS? Can anyone helps??? Cheers. -- kainjiang
August 8th 09 11:00 PM
by st Go to last post
2 466
Bittorrent! by alekoskaiyao
Ok its not about vista but if somebody knows...when i download a torrent in the bottom of the screen shows me a yellow sign and then a red sign in the yellow telling connection problems and in the red not connectable but it still downloads...what kind of problem is this and how can it be solved????? -- alekoskaiyao
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 7th 09 10:03 PM
by Crispy2007 Go to last post
18 863
Change voice while playing EverQuest II game by audio4fun
AVnex’s Voice Changer Software 7.0 has a virtual audio driver, named AVnex Virtual Audio Device (VAD in short), which works as a real audio driver. Online Games like Counter Strike, Half Life, War of Worldcraft, etc. automatically detects the driver as an alternative audio device. By setting this driver as the active audio device of the games, AV Voice Changer Software will become the main voice...
August 7th 09 04:15 AM
by audio4fun Go to last post

From The