Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I'm a new user and i really want to know, why do games just NOT work with Vista..? by Asteroth
I'm a pretty new user to this forum, and i joined mainly for one reason. I need an answer, why does Vista ruin so many great games. After playing several games, some old some new, I can only notice one consistent theme..issues with my games. While some issues may be attributed to games themselves, i am however finding a very aggravating connection between my new laptop and vista and a huge jump...
July 7th 09 02:37 AM
by Asteroth Go to last post
0 230
Built-in vista games have a saved game bug by Will Pittenger
Any time Mahjongg Titan sees a saved game, it offers to resume play. The problem is that the program forgets to delete the saved game (or even update it). So every time you start the program until you save a new game by exiting the program, it wants you to replay that game. After a while, you start remembering the game and don't want to play it. But you can't just start a new game as that...
July 6th 09 04:25 AM
by Will Pittenger Go to last post
0 276
Mahjong Titans Time Score by IainADMcIntyre
According to my statistics, I have spent between 3,151 seconds (ie 52 minutes 31 seconds) and 9,932 seconds (2 hours 45 minutes 32 seconds) on my highest scoring games. Since I have never spent longer than about 30 minutes on any game, where do these bizarre timings come from? Is there a bug in my system, or do other people get these weird results? -- IainADMcIntyre
July 6th 09 01:07 AM
by IainADMcIntyre Go to last post
4 345
Card Game Problems by cmdubie
I am encountering a graphics glitch in all card games (Free Cell, Solitaire, and Spider Solitaire) where the card the cursor is over will highlight, and the card usually to the left of the cursor will have a blinking highlight around it. It's similar to what happens when you request a hint, but constant instead of momentary. I also have problems with the drop down menus going spastic...
July 5th 09 05:22 PM
by dbrown2009 Go to last post
2 281
Axis & Allies Vista problem. by mangel
I know there are some old threads about this game on vista, but I've read them and my problem is different. When I launch the game, it starts and when it's loading, game crash, and error message appear: "An error has ocurred: ERROR: Node with language-specific subnodes did not match current language and had no default. Expression: 'Localization/strings_AA.tgi', File:...
July 4th 09 06:02 PM
by mangel Go to last post
0 242
Axis & Allies Vista problem. by mangel
I know there are some old threads about this game on vista, but I've read them and my problem is different. When I launch the game, it starts and when it's loading, game crash, and error message appear: "An error has ocurred: ERROR: Node with language-specific subnodes did not match current language and had no default. Expression: 'Localization/strings_AA.tgi', File:...
July 4th 09 06:02 PM
by mangel Go to last post
0 341
There is no Chess Titans by jimwhat
Hello, I just bought a Dell Inspiron Laptop with windows vista home basic and after seeing pictures of Chess Titans i wanted to play it. Unfortunitly it was not in my games folder. I did that whole thing where you g to you control panal and check games. All the other games showed up (i.e. solitaire, Hearts, Free Cell) But there was no chess. Can sombody tell me where i can download it...
July 4th 09 04:25 PM
by TTrocks11 Go to last post
7 405
FSX visualfx.dll error by cuff
A bit of background about my problem. I have FSX w/Accel install on my system. System specs have been posted. I found this site doing a google search on my problem. I use a RAID setup with the os on c and fsx is on d. The drive is partition. I was getting a problem with smoke and dust effects showing as blocks. Checking through the various flight sim web sites, the general solution was to do a...
July 4th 09 07:40 AM
by cuff Go to last post
2 418
FSX visualfx.dll error by cuff
A bit of background about my problem. I have FSX w/Accel install on my system. System specs have been posted. I found this site doing a google search on my problem. I use a RAID setup with the os on c and fsx is on d. The drive is partition. I was getting a problem with smoke and dust effects showing as blocks. Checking through the various flight sim web sites, the general solution was to do a...
July 4th 09 03:11 AM
by cuff Go to last post
0 312
Help with CoD and CoD UO by EzE123
Hi, im trying to install my Call of Duty and Call of duty UO. I go through the installation, and it goes fine until the end... First it wont let me install Directx 9, then i just hit the make shortcuts. Its finished, its on my desktop and i click the multiplayer button but it never loads up. I dont understand, so if anyone can help plz do, for i would really like to play this. I almost wish i...
July 4th 09 02:39 AM
by EzE123 Go to last post
4 344
To be more precise by kingswar
To be more precise in tracking performance of each unit and delegating responsibility, Microsoft reorganized into seven core business groups—each an independent financial entity—in April 2002. Later, on September 20, 2005, Microsoft announced a rationalization of its original seven business groups into the three core divisions that exist today: the Windows Client, MSN and Server and Tool groups...
July 3rd 09 09:29 AM
by kingswar Go to last post
0 277
To be more precise by kingswar
To be more precise in tracking performance of each unit and delegating responsibility, Microsoft reorganized into seven core business groups—each an independent financial entity—in April 2002. Later, on September 20, 2005, Microsoft announced a rationalization of its original seven business groups into the three core divisions that exist today: the Windows Client, MSN and Server and Tool groups...
July 3rd 09 09:29 AM
by kingswar Go to last post
0 276
Age of EMpires II The COnqueros Multiplayer by peter_kosmas
Hello to all , I am very big Fun of Age Of Empires ii The Conqueros . Now i bought the Original CD of the Age of Empires but i have a hard time to find out how to play the Game Online cause there is no GAME ZONE TO PLAY IT so i downloaded the Comrade and don't know what to do to use it or when i launch the Age of EMpires II Game it just sends me to the ZONE . WHAT CAN I DO TO FIND OPPONENTS AND...
July 1st 09 04:19 PM
by Waardin Go to last post
4 351
Tilde key unresponsive by coolkid1717
ive been having problems with the tilde key on my Asus laptop. at first it was that it didint work at all, in games, in microsoft works, or notepad. i went searching online and disabled the driver for the eHome ir receiver (even though i dont own an ir receivers). after that i was able to use the tild key only outside of games. but heres the strange part, if i press the tild key quickly as if i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 1st 09 12:20 AM
by sam0109 Go to last post
10 728
Vista games by Robert[_25_]
Prior to OS Vista, there was a very popular backgammon game that had been a standard on, seemingly, all prior Windows OS. It is not present on Vista and I will be happy to do whatever is reasonably needed in order to get this same backgammon game on my Vista system. Thanks for helping me with this, 1Robert1
June 30th 09 05:01 PM
by Robert[_25_] Go to last post
0 274
Vista games by Robert[_25_]
Prior to OS Vista, there was a very popular backgammon game that had been a standard on, seemingly, all prior Windows OS. It is not present on Vista and I will be happy to do whatever is reasonably needed in order to get this same backgammon game on my Vista system. Thanks for helping me with this, 1Robert1
June 30th 09 05:01 PM
by Robert[_25_] Go to last post
0 201
age of empires conquerors by Thomas Fanjoy
My computer keeps minimizing when I start up the game. When I try to start it back up again it does it again. In the beginning it also gives me error box saying the the graphics card is still loading. The graphics card should be good enough. Can you help? url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1685-1.aspx
June 30th 09 11:23 AM
by Thomas Fanjoy Go to last post
0 227
age of empires conquerors by Thomas Fanjoy
My computer keeps minimizing when I start up the game. When I try to start it back up again it does it again. In the beginning it also gives me error box saying the the graphics card is still loading. The graphics card should be good enough. Can you help? url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1685-1.aspx
June 30th 09 11:23 AM
by Thomas Fanjoy Go to last post
0 282
Help with CoD and CoD UO by EzE123
Hi, im trying to install my Call of Duty and Call of duty UO. I go through the installation, and it goes fine until the end... First it wont let me install Directx 9, then i just hit the make shortcuts. Its finished, its on my desktop and i click the multiplayer button but it never loads up. I dont understand, so if anyone can help plz do, for i would really like to play this. I almost wish i...
June 29th 09 06:05 PM
by EzE123 Go to last post
0 233
Dungeon Keeper 2 Silver Edition Problems.. Again by Israfel
I know this is like the 8th post that has this topic, but none of the fixes worked for me! I am STILL trying to get it to work! After running it in compatibility mode for Everything XP and below, i tried turning off the Desktop Comp, and the other option, but to no avail. I get little slivers of color in the middle of the screen in game, almost like there is constant Fog of War. i have Vista Home...
June 29th 09 01:45 AM
by Israfel Go to last post

From The