Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Mail problem by Jweible
I have had Windows mail for a year now and last week it suddenly began asking me for my username and password everytime I open it. I am entering it correctly but it just keeps rejecting it and giving me the following error: Account: 'pop.east.cox.net', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:...
February 14th 09 09:58 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
6 480
Local folders by Find FROM function[_2_]
Local folders disappeared from left pane. I could get Inbox back but the rest is only visible on the right hand side when I click on small black triangle in the upper corner. My Folder list is ticked in View (clicked and unklicked several times) I also did system restore.
February 14th 09 09:54 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 304
Help please by Melalekiana[_2_]
I am trying to set up my live account on my new laptop email Windows Mail. I keep receiving this error message: Account: 'Live', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
February 14th 09 09:40 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 309
help by alfredo ramirez
i can not send messages and well i dont know why i can use my hotmail account or how can i create a account for microsoft......
February 14th 09 09:37 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 419
email by Ann
I would like to know how to get my email from my windstream account to my email on microsoft?
February 14th 09 09:35 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 422
inadvertently converting attachments to office 2007 by jgibbons
I run office 2003 on my laptop. I recently tried to open a docx file attachment and I couldn't. Now everytime I try to open an attachment in windows mail it converts them to 2007 and tries to get me to put in a product key and accept a users aggrement. Even files that I know were created on 2003 that I e-mail to myself. How do I adjust the settings on windows mail to correct this?
February 14th 09 09:20 PM
by ...winston Go to last post
3 371
charset problem by MK
I'm having kind of charset problem I am not able to solve. Names of some senders are not displayed correctly, especially when the sender uses iso-88592. It looks like this: http://www.kubikcz.net/windowsmail.gif Message source: ..... From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Jarom=EDr_Kub=EDk .....
February 14th 09 09:06 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 274
How do I import the mailbox setup of folders from windows mail to Outlook? by katy[_2_]
Is there a web page that I could use to import the folders in my Windows Mail to Outlook 2007 somewhere? I am not sure what to do with the Import feature, what to choose, etc. Thanks all...katy
February 14th 09 09:02 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 373
OE6 importing by K Kosnikowski
How can I import old OE6 messages into Windows Mail w/o loosing existing Windows Mail messages? Do folders get overwritten on import?
February 14th 09 08:28 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 333
The name of the server. by Warren Cox
I have the e mail address as . I have had to clear my hard drive and now I need to re install all programs including e mail accounts. Whenever I try to send mail I enter what I thought was the correct name but I get the following message:- "The host 'SMTP.live.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Name of Pop...
February 14th 09 08:27 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
3 334
Setting up account by Keyth
I need help
February 14th 09 07:24 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
5 320
February 14th 09 07:15 PM
by jure Go to last post
0 314
(no subject) by lesley
hello and good morin
February 14th 09 06:10 PM
by THORD-ALLAN Go to last post
6 395
Duplicate emails received by UnicycleDad
I'm getting two of each email with Windows Mail. When I get my emails on my cell phone, I just get one, so I don't it's a Windows Mail problem, and not a server issue. I do not have duplicate accounts. Can't figure out what is going on. Any advice would be appreciated.
February 14th 09 04:57 PM
by GRO Go to last post
3 347
Frustration with setting up folders by Philip Reece-Heal[_2_]
I set up the details pane in the Contacts folder in windows explorer (Vista) with columns to show name, company phone, cell phone, home phone etc. I then want to split my contacts into categories so create subfolders to the Contacts folder. These new folders do not have the same columns I have just set up in the Contacts folder. Is there a simple way to ensure all subfolders of Contacts...
February 14th 09 02:56 PM
by Philip Reece-Heal[_2_] Go to last post
0 313
Opening Windows Mail accounts. by John Sands
When a friend with a yahoo.co.uk address found that his Windows Mail account had vanished, I tried to add a new account for him, as I had had to do for myself recently. I was informed that I had entered all the details correctly, but a request for user name and password appeared. The password is O.K., I'm sure, but I tried all manner of ways to enter the user name (including e-mail...
February 14th 09 11:01 AM
by mac Go to last post
1 254
help by alfredo ramirez
and i get this massage at every time that i want to send messages...
February 14th 09 05:01 AM
by alfredo ramirez Go to last post
0 391
How do I turn on spell checker? by pianolaman
"John" wrote: When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution? Thanks, John
February 14th 09 03:33 AM
by pianolaman Go to last post
0 248
Windows Mail Search function does not work by Find FROM function[_2_]
Often times Windows Mail search function for mails/persons/subject etc refuses to work. I can't figure wether it freezes or what happens. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not. HATE VISTA AND HATE WINDOWS MAIL!!!
February 14th 09 03:12 AM
by webster72n Go to last post
1 256
Hotmail & Live Accounts now available in WM etc by mac
When you set up Hotmail in the e-mail program on your PC or mobile device, you may be asked for the following information: POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995) POP SSL required? Yes User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25 or 587) Authentication...
February 14th 09 01:26 AM
by mac Go to last post

From The