USB 2.0 harddisk by audiolover
My external harddisk, USB 2.0, is slow! In Windows XP it works perfect but in Vista 5600RC1 the data transfer is at the speed of a USB 1 connection. Anybody with the same problem?
October 5th 06 10:22 AM
by Marco Dalli Go to last post
1 159
Dial Up Modem driver needed PLEASE! by Lsdmeasap
I am using RC1. I have 2 modems I have been trying to use. One is a Best Data/smartlink 56k which will not load, althouhg I have seen users here say it will. I also have a Intel 536ep which I have seen many more users here say it works as well, I can get neither to work. I have spent 2 days trying and looking. I have no way to use the update site to check for a update there as My only...
October 5th 06 09:54 AM
by Lsdmeasap Go to last post
0 164
Dial Up Modems driver needed, Please by Lsdmeasap
I have RC1 installed, I cannot get online without my dial up modem installed either. My problem is I have 2 modems neither of which I can get to work. I have a intel 536p which I have read several users here say it works, but I have tried everything and cannot get it to work. I also have a best data 56k voice modem/smartlink chip which I also belive users say works? Neither will for...
October 5th 06 09:44 AM
by Lsdmeasap Go to last post
0 166
Nvidia Driver from Windows Update? Version 9634 by Hobert Burnett
I need help finding this drivers for my Nvidia Go 7200 series video card. for vista build 5600 Hobert
October 5th 06 08:57 AM
by SpatialAnomaly Go to last post
1 184
Microsoft text to speech by iam bennu
Greetings, I have been using Microsoft's speech recognition and enjoying it a lot. It is very freeing to be able to dictate a message, but I would like to know if there is any way native to vista that would allow me to have the computer read my e-mail messages. Is this possible. I have experimented with several programs that I can use for this, but if there's something already built in a...
October 5th 06 06:50 AM
by mic23 Go to last post
1 160
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Not Recognized by Idaho Cobra
I have the same motherboard. I have withdrawn from using Windows Vista because of the lack of drivers and support indicated at this time. ASUS is a major manufactorer of leading edge boards but the drivers and installation were unsatisfactory. The Board was unstable in my experience with Vista. "ave" wrote: Vista: x64 Ultimate build 5384 Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
October 5th 06 06:33 AM
by Idaho Cobra Go to last post
0 149
Epson Stylus Photo R300 (RC1) by James
When using applications such as word and other office applications I can print with my photo printer, but when trying to print a photo using Windows Photo gallery I get an error message: 'Windows Can't find a print provider for this printer. You may need to re-install the printer, and then try again.' I would really like to print pictures in vista as I currently do not have XP installed.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 06 02:57 AM
by joline422 Go to last post
12 303
Audio Driver by Linjean
I have an HP Ze4800 laptop and installed Vista x32. Now I have no sound. I need audio drivers. Went to HP but none available. Help someone.
October 5th 06 01:28 AM
by Linjean Go to last post
0 165
Audio Driver by Linjean
I have an HP Ze4800 laptop and installed Vista x32. Now I have no sound. I need audio drivers. Went to HP but none available. Help someone.
October 5th 06 01:27 AM
by Linjean Go to last post
0 134
DVD and second harddrive no longer recognized by joline422
I am running Vista Ultimate RC1 on an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with 1GB RAM and a Radeon X600. Suddenly my DVD drive and second hard disk are no longer recognized. Everything worked for over a week after installation on a clean harddrive. Now it is saying "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" I have checked the connections,...
October 5th 06 12:56 AM
by Michael D Go to last post
1 175
NVidia 96.33 beta driver by dev
In the release notes it is states "This driver does not support the SDI (serial digital interface)." Is SDI synonymous with a DVI connection to the monitor - vs. VGA - in this case? If that is the case, it may explain why the NVidia Control Panel here is devoid of many settings.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 06 11:11 PM
by Eric Furness Go to last post
14 285
Cannot find Drive by Bruce Kay
I’ve been running RC1 since its release a few weeks ago. I’ve had no significant problems. Suddenly my system is not recognizing my 2nd Hard Drive (D:). It does not show up in My Computer, yet Device Manager indicates that it is there and working properly and the BIOS says it is there upon Boot-Up. I’ve tried rebooting and restoring to an earlier Restore Point, but I cannot get to...
October 4th 06 10:58 PM
by Bruce Kay Go to last post
0 156
Windows Mobile device driver cannot start by Larry
mine brings up windows media player. I need to synce my outlook etc... "Kimco Tech" wrote: I have a Samsung I700 and have the same problem. I thought the update for the Beta was going to fix it but it did not. Sure would like to be able to access this again. -- Kimco Tech
October 4th 06 10:30 PM
by Larry Go to last post
0 142
Windows Mobile device driver cannot start by Larry
I'm in the same boat if anyone finds anything pls update us. I miss syncing to my desktop. "Kimco Tech" wrote: I have a Samsung I700 and have the same problem. I thought the update for the Beta was going to fix it but it did not. Sure would like to be able to access this again. --
October 4th 06 10:25 PM
by Larry Go to last post
0 130
No sound by jackmorrisiii
Hello I have a Sony desktop with Soundmax intergrated digital audio. I get no sound after upgrading from Vista beta 2 toRelease Candidate 1. It worked well before. In the device manager I get an error code and message that states This device cannot stare (code 10). Thanks in advance.
October 4th 06 10:22 PM
by Mike Go to last post
3 160
Sandisk MP3 player driver problem by jim_from_il
Does anyone know how to install a workable driver for the Sandisk M230 MP3 player? This device worked properly in Beta-2, but is not recognized in RC1. Any help appreciated.
October 4th 06 10:15 PM
by jim_from_il Go to last post
0 150
Cannot Find Drive by Bruce Kay
I’ve been running RC1 since its release a few weeks ago. I’ve had no significant problems. Suddenly my system is not recognizing my 2nd Hard Drive (D:). It does not show up in My Computer, yet Device Manager indicates that it is there and working properly and the BIOS says it is there upon Boot-Up. I’ve tried rebooting and restoring to an earlier Restore Point, but I cannot get to...
October 4th 06 10:04 PM
by Bruce Kay Go to last post
0 144
Cannot find Drive by Bruce Kay
I’ve been running RC1 since its release a few weeks ago. I’ve had no significant problems. Suddenly my system is not recognizing my 2nd Hard Drive (D:). It does not show up in My Computer, yet Device Manager indicates that it is there and working properly and the BIOS says it is there upon Boot-Up. I’ve tried rebooting and restoring to an earlier Restore Point, but I cannot get to...
October 4th 06 10:01 PM
by Bruce Kay Go to last post
0 154
iPod Sync by Ben
Anyone else having an issue went connecting their iPod. It will pop up a window everytime asking me to "scan and fix" the device. The first time, I allowed it. But it keeps doing it so I choose "continue without scanning." If I choose nothing, it keeps popping up windows until there are literally dozens. After finally syncing, it unconnects itself and I have to unplug and replug it to...
October 4th 06 07:40 PM
by Ben Go to last post
0 142
Hard drive capacity keeps dropping by Vince
Help..Has anyone else noticed that your hard drive capactiy keeps dropping? I check it in computer and I drop .1 gigabytes every half hour or so. Any ideas?
October 4th 06 07:07 PM
by Mario Go to last post

From The