DVD/CD Drive Not Working by Mufaddal Adamjee
The same thing happend to me todays as well... This morning my D: drive disappeared. Went to Device Manager and there was a yellow exclamation mark. The message was "Windows cannot initialize the device driver ." Followed troubleshooting advice: uninstalled/reinstalled. The problem still exists. Went to MS for a KB and was told that MS was aware of the problem but there was no KB at present....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 19th 08 10:48 PM
by james1009 Go to last post
24 474
ITE 8211F IDE controller - Vista driver does not allow CD/DVD burning by Ron
Abit IB9 motherboard with an ITE 8211F IDE controller onboard. Vista loads the native Vista driver fine and the drives show up as DVDRW drives in Windows Explorer. But under PROPERTIES, there is no RECORDING tab. Therefore I cannot use the native Vista burning function. This is on a clean install of Vista Business. XP on this machine works fine (ITE controller is functioning). Tried 3...
September 20th 08 04:03 AM
by Hilton T Young Go to last post
9 162
How to get the notification for USB device related actions (plug /unplug) by vinaykabadi
Dear Sir, Please let me know the related API's in vc++ win32 which deal with notifications for USB related actions. I want an event when I connect my USB camera in vista. Regards Vinay
September 20th 08 07:15 AM
by vinaykabadi Go to last post
0 153
Access to vista component devices of playback devices likemicrophone, linein, front mic etc in vc++ by vinaykabadi
I want to access the playback devices-Speakers-properties-levels tab - (microphone, front mic, linein etc) I want to access these and change their respective volume levels I have enumerated the rendering devices and I get the number of playback devices, but I want to access the cub components of the selceted playback device.
September 20th 08 07:18 AM
by vinaykabadi Go to last post
0 175
how to disengage Windows Vista Tablet from desktop by snomazushi
I use Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, SP1 Japanese version On my desktop there is a half hidden Tablet PC icon (v6.06.001) to the left edge of my screen. Can someone tell me how to stop this from loading? sn from Japan
September 20th 08 05:10 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 189
Problems shutting down Vosta with a SD Card inserted by A. SILVA
Hi everyone, I'm getting problems when after a resume from hibernation mode, I try to shutdown my computer with an SD card inserted. The system is still shutting down infinitely and don't shut down. This problem is described in the KB950466 and Microsoft say that this problem doesn't occur if SP1 is installed. I have the SP1 installed and the behaviour stiil continues.
September 20th 08 06:41 PM
by Cyberwolf[_2_] Go to last post
1 250
Vista, bluetooth ('Bluesoleil') & Nokia 2630 by [email protected]
I bought a USB Bluetooth device so that I could link my Nokia 2630 phone and my Toshiba Equiuum laptop (running Vista). The software with the bluetooth dongle is a pain, over-elaborate and it seems impossible to stop it starting upon startup, even after having removed it within Defender. I've tried uninstalling the BlueSoleil software but it seems the Windows drivers for bluetooth aren't...
September 20th 08 11:02 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 215
CD Question by [email protected]
Hi, I've run out of options. I am running Vista Home 32. Everything has been good for over a year. Then, all of a sudden 2 days ago my CD/ DVD's disappear. They are seen fine in the BIOS, but there is no IDE or CD/DVD in the Decive Manager. I'm seeing that 7026 error in the event log. I've tried over 20 suggestions from the internet, did a system restore from 3 weeks ago........nothing is...
September 20th 08 11:18 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
6 319
DVD Player Stopped Working by Avandersluis
Pass this on to others, it may help. It seems that a driver update has added either an upper or lower filter for the DVD player registry in the system registry. I found that my DVD player didn't show up at all in the explorer, and when I went to burn a DVD/CD it gave me a message that the media wasn't found. Here is the fix I found after waisting my time trying to remedy the
September 22nd 08 01:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 236
Need help with ATT USB 881 Sierra Wireless by Ghost Hunter
When I plug in the Wireless USB device into the USB port, Everything locks up. Works great with XP. ATT&T has no answer. Any help would be appreciated. This is on a NEW HP Desktop computer. Everything else works fineThanks: Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
September 22nd 08 09:06 AM
by Cyberwolf[_2_] Go to last post
2 264
Dual head video card requires both mon turned on during boot by james
Many video card with with two outputs have a bad habbit of disabling one of the output if the attached monitor is off during boot. I use one monitor most of the time and want to use two occasionally. To have to turn on both during boot is a pain. In win XP, this problem can sometimes be overcome by choosing generic SVGA instead of PnP monitor. Now, I'm running vista and this trick doesn't...
September 22nd 08 01:27 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
4 217
Looking for aneyony else with a HP dv9000 series notebook. by Anthony[_8_]
I have a HP dv9420us and am running Vista Home Premium 64. Iv had a lot of problems in the past. Had to send it back for repairs 4 times. I am currently having BSOD with sleep and Media Center, HP says its my video driver (nvidia GeForce Go 6150). Iv tried upgrading the driver but after several failed attempts HP tells me to what for a custom driver for my model. I'm just looking for someone with...
September 22nd 08 03:28 PM
by Gerald Abrahamson Go to last post
5 251
Compressed (Zipped) Folder Error by Razstar
Not sure if this is right discussion group but... I have an error that appears which says something like "Compressed (Zipped) Folder: please insert the last disk of the multi-volume set and click ok" - I click cancel or ok and the message keeps popping up. I was trying to sync music from my mp3 player with windows media player and I managed to freeze wmp. Ever since, i have gotten this...
September 22nd 08 03:56 PM
by MADLV Go to last post
1 237
Good Bye Asus by [email protected]
Hi, Anyone else have this issue? I have Vista 32bit. I have an Asus P5B motherboard. It has that all wonderful Jmicron controller (1.06.59 version). Anyhow, I cannot seem to get the eSata port on the back to recognize anything. It works, the BIOS sees the external drive plugged in, but Vista sees nothing.
September 22nd 08 04:45 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 308
Audio stops responding by Ryno
Just installed Vista Home Premium on a 2.7 GHz with 1 GB of ram and all is well except the audio will stop responding. When running Winamp especially the sound will just stop and then all of a sudden Winamp will not play audio files at all either. I have found that by restarting the "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" from within the services of Computer Management audio returns and Winamp...
September 22nd 08 09:03 PM
by getluke Go to last post
2 171
Epson Prefection 1200U Scanner by W Wolfe
Epson does not have a driver for the Prefection 1200U scanner. Since I have been using one with XP, what are my options in Vista? Thankis, W. Wolfe
September 23rd 08 02:02 AM
by jewel88 Go to last post
5 258
LifeCam VX-6000 Stops Working by jrens
OK, this is a recurring problem, and it's been driving me nuts for quite a while. I'll be using my LifeCam VX-6000 to chat with someone, and the thing will just disconnect. The green light turns off, and the hardware disconnect sound happens. It will not work again until I physically unplug it from the USB 2 port and plug it back in. This mostly tends to occur when there's a lot of motion in...
September 23rd 08 03:16 AM
by jrens Go to last post
0 149
External Hard Drive Stop showing up on Explorer by rudo
Hi, I have a 2.5" 10G Fujitsu hard drive with USB enclosure. The problem starts after I was trying to copy files over & suddenly it lost connection. The progress stop responding. I restart the computer & replug the enclosure but it no longer showing up on Explorer. I went to Disk Management and couldn't see it as well. Remove it & plug it in another computer that's running Window XP. ...
September 23rd 08 07:52 AM
by rudo Go to last post
0 167
E: drive wont open by torn_apart
yes i have tried going to my computer and opening it that way and yes i have used the pinhole underneath the opening...but it opens about a centimeter and just stops....how can i open it without taking it into a shop or send it away....???????????:(:( -- torn_apart Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
September 23rd 08 11:58 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 192
Laptop cannot restart; I hate vista, please help by luckysheep
I am totally new user of vista and I have a Lenovo T400. I did nothing but plug in a usb, install a McAfee version 8.5 and hibernate, and then error occurs, it says: "Windows failed to start. An recent hardware or hard software change might be the cause. ... ... File \Boot\BCD status: 0xc000014c
September 23rd 08 03:27 PM
by luckysheep Go to last post

From The