Bluescreen by Russ[_7_]
I got a bluescreen full of "stuff", it must mean something to someone, when I tried to shut down. My Lenovo 3000 K series would not shut down automatically and I had to turn it off by pressing the Off/On button. The Ethernet network is pointed to. Anyone else with the same problem? -- Everyday is Saturday Blk_Kar
March 10th 09 04:28 PM
by Russ[_7_] Go to last post
2 146
Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 by ssuarez
I have tried everyhting so far and nothing helps. I have installed the IntelliPoint 6.2 but it doesn´t work. My Sony Vaio Vista recognizes the devices but I can´t move it or use it at all. When I go to its properties and click on Buttons the following message appears: "Some mouse settings might not work until you connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or set up a Microsoft...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 09 08:31 PM
by sahome Go to last post
11 260
SLI... ****ing me off by maspunk420
now i've been to the nvidia forum and have stated my issue and have yet to recive any reply regaurding it.... so i come here... now my issue is when i enable SLI with my nvidia control panel i get a blank screen with a flashing underscore in the top left corner.... this stayed there for about an hour and a half untill i restarted the computer...
March 11th 09 01:02 AM
by maspunk420 Go to last post
0 230
Vista Display issues by Praveen
Hi, Windows Vista Ultimate (Final release - MSDN) Windows vista set to 800x600 resolution works fine. However, when i try setting the same to 1024x768 resolution my screen stretches vertically, and i cannot see start menu/taskbar? Any help will be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 11th 09 01:11 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
20 422
ASUS A8R 32-MVP/ Realtek ALC 882 Audio WDM & Codec Problems by knjames
"1RadDad" wrote: Hi, I Just Installed Win Vista Beta 2 64 Bit the other day & am still having problems getting the sound to work. My drivers said doesnt support WNT_5.1p or WNT_6.0P, so i Hacked/edited & added them both to the audio files using notepad, now in device manager says its installed properly, but in the toolbar i have the red x on the speaker & select Volume...
March 11th 09 08:05 AM
by knjames Go to last post
0 212
VIA RAID 0 not recognized by dbacs
Strange things are happening here. :) I have plugged 2 of my SATA drives into my motherboard and windows vista 32 installed a VIA RAID driver. Next time i booted i found a RAID utility before vista started. So i decided to setup a RAID 0 on these 2 drives, in the bios utility. When vista restarted the RAID is not showing in windows explorer. Any advice?
March 11th 09 10:40 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 203
blue screen by mesa
hi, I have this blue screen appears suddenly with lots of error messages, and then the PC shuts down or restart by itself, I triede software called Advanced Systems care,to fix it, with no luck, wht could cause bthis problem, and anyone one knows how to fix it thanks
March 11th 09 11:30 PM
by mesa Go to last post
2 173
dvd-cdrom and code 39 by JB[_7_]
all of a sudden my DVD-cd rom stopped working and in the device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark. I have researched this online and have tried everything from deleting/reinstalling to trying regedit and the upper and lower filters thing which were nowhere to be found to installing another drive but the same message came up. I'm lost. I went to Dell forums, Microsoft help and forums...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 09 02:25 AM
by Justlostthatsall Go to last post
17 351
Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 problem by Tom
Hello, I bought the Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 one month ago and installed it using this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952818/en-us Everything was fine for a month, until yesterday, when I simply couldn't move the mouse. I replaced the batteries but it didn't work. I tried to add the mouse again, but Vista can't seem to recognize it. I gave the mouse to my friend, and his...
March 12th 09 07:46 AM
by sahome[_2_] Go to last post
8 276
How to setup IDE software RAID 0? by dbacs
I posted in another thread with a similar topic. In that thread i got my SATA drives setup in a RAID 0 configuration. Now i would like to setup my 3 IDE drives the same way. I am using a VIA software RAID utility for my SATA's. I have no idea where to start. I searched the internet and it seems most of this is only done with Linux boxes. Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to setup an...
March 12th 09 07:42 PM
by dbacs Go to last post
5 191
Interpretation of ReadyBoost drive activity by whturner
I have a new Gateway cpu i7 920 Desktop with Vista 64 and 3G Ram. When I borrow my FAST flashdrive from my portable and use it in my desktop, ReadyBoost recommends reserving 3830 Mb for optimum speed. It is apparently useful, as the access light on the Flash Drive shows a fair amount of activity. My questions a 1) Does that activity prove I should increase Ram? I am not a gamer, but I do...
March 12th 09 08:46 PM
by whturner Go to last post
2 210
Preconfigured driver installation by Justin
This is driving my insane. Windows used to be able to automatically locate default drivers and install them quietly in the background. I recently mucked around with the bluetooth stack and managed to install the WIDCOMM bluetooth stack. Now, whenever I plug in a new device, the new hardware found wizard starts, rather than the icon in the system tray simply appearing. When I choose the...
March 13th 09 04:32 AM
by david316 Go to last post
6 161
What dvd burner works in Vista x64? by AutoCog
Most posts want advice on how to resolve an issue with existing hardware or software. I'm asking for advice on what to buy to avoid any issues. I need a SATA DVD burner for my new x64 build. So far I just have the case, power supply, and processor. In my wish list is the RAM, MB, HD, and OS. Each has been verified to at least "work" with x64 Vista according to the MS compatibility list. Now I'm...
March 13th 09 11:39 AM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
4 186
Vista Media Centre Remote won't work! by Stan Kay
I have upgraded from Win XP MCE to Vista Ultimate and now my Windows Media Centre Remote will not work. I have examined Vista's Device Manager and under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is an entry "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)" entry. I have performed the following tests:- 1. Pressing my remote control causes the IR unit to flash indicating that the handset is transmitting and the...
March 13th 09 11:58 AM
by Stan Kay Go to last post
0 175
Blue Screen Fault Bucket 0xD1_yk60x86+26a20,type0 by DodgeKid
My computer has been shutting down by itself and it sometimes gets this blue screen. I dont know why it gets it but if somebody knows what i can do to make it work please tell me. I am using Windows Vista Home Basic.
March 13th 09 11:54 PM
by DodgeKid Go to last post
0 223
Suggestion for small office NAS by BrianB
I have a customer that has requested a recommendation for network attached storage for their small office (four computers). I've tried Google but have come up with so many conflicting reviews that it's frustrating. Some say a box is fast, other say the same one is a dog. I'm hoping for some help. They tried a Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB NAS. It worked fine until they upgraded...
March 13th 09 11:54 PM
by BrianB Go to last post
0 165
Vista x64 only partiallly wakes from Sleep by mazman
When I try to bring my x64 Vista Ultimate machine out of sleep mode, the power button (which is already blinking) blinks more rapidly, the CPU and case fans go on, the hard drive spins up, but the machine never wakes. There's also no video on the screen. I've tried troubleshooting by disabling screensavers, unnessary services, startup programs, etc. but I still have the same problem. I even...
March 14th 09 02:14 PM
by Bogey Man Go to last post
5 236
Temp Turn Off of Vista Sync Center by GWL
I am new to using a Windows Mobile device and Sync Center. I have successfully synced what I needed, but there are times when all I want to do is work with the device in Windows Explorer. However, every time I connect the device Sync Center completes a sync faster than I can turn off the Sync. I have tried to click Stop All before I connect t to no avail. If I end the partnership, all the...
March 14th 09 02:37 PM
by GWL Go to last post
0 204
need driver for Olympus D-520 zoom camera by ripsnort
I've an Olympus D-520 camera (came across on the Mayflower) and when I insert the Disk, it wants to install Quicktime 5. I didn't know if I should allow that, so I didn't go any further. I've been looking for a Vista compatible driver for this but can't find anything. Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to what I should or can do, other than hurling the camera out to a third world...
March 14th 09 09:08 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
5 181
Moive Maker by Tia Rivera
I am trying to download my video from my camera. It appears to be downloading. I can see the picture from the camera on the screen and when I click on 'finish' an error appears and reads: "The video was not imported correctly. Verify that the digital video tape is not blank, and then try again." I try again and the message appears again. The tape is definitely not blank. I am able to see...
March 15th 09 01:16 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post

From The