External USB HDD and Slow Boot by yEnEr
Hi there, Unlike XP, my external 250 gb WD HDD slows down vista boot process considerably. Any suggestions? I am really sick of plugging it off/on during boot.. Thanks..
April 21st 09 09:46 PM
by papa47 Go to last post
2 255
Device Monitor Appliaction by aga151
Hi, I'm getting an eror message on my Advent laptop on Vista stating that the Device Monitor Application is not running. Where and how can I start this task. regards aga
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 21st 09 11:36 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
27 825
USB keyboard Troubleshooting by Guinelle1
I do not know if im in the right forum but this seemed right i have a Saitek Cyborg Gaming keyboard and everything worked fine until i spilled some water on it. the keyboard STILL WORKS after i let it dry out. the problem is it doesnt work on MY computer. im pretty sure its a driver issue. ive uninstalled all drivers for the keyboard and reinstalled. still no work. tried system restore to when...
April 21st 09 11:51 PM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
2 259
Asus NTSC TV-Tuner (Conexant Falcon II shipset) x64 driver? by myDisplayname?
Im looking for a x64 or Windows Vista compatible driver for an Asus NTSC TV-Tuner card (Conexant Falcon II shipset). Asus drivers download website doesnt have any x64 drivers, and Conexant doesnt even have a support website for their Tv-tuner card shipsets. Any help or suggestion will be appreciatted.
April 22nd 09 01:53 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
4 296
Dvd rw won't load driver by Steven Rees
I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that has an internal dvd rw drive it has worked just fine up until recently it will not load the driver for this device. I have uninstalled the device, tried to update the driver ( the driver is current) yet nothing seems to work. The system recognizes the drive. Any suggestions?
April 22nd 09 06:26 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
2 250
immediate ejecting of USB device by tstimpson
I have a USB modem that works in other Vista machines, but when I insert the modem in the USB port on my machine it is momentarily recognized as a CD device (which is correct) but with 3 to 4 seconds it is ejected - not physically of course :), resulting in my USB modem app returning a "no device detected" message when I try to connect to the network. I have downloaded the latest manufacturers...
April 22nd 09 08:19 PM
by Jay Dejaeger Go to last post
1 195
On-Screen Keyboard & Multiple Languages by WJB
I posted this in the Vista.General group and was asked to repost here. Please help. I have multiple language support activated and I can switch the on-screen keyboard between the different language displays. However, when setting focus to the window in which I'm about to type in a different language, then I move the mouse to the on-screen keyboard to start clicking the characters to type,...
April 22nd 09 09:20 PM
by WJB Go to last post
0 195
Problem with Bluetooth (Home Prem X64) by indijones
I have a Winstar Bluetooth dongle that I bought about 3 yrs back. I installed it on a computer with winxp 32 bit using BlueSoleil and worked perfectly. At least I could connect to cell phone though I was never able to connect to Sony Ericson BT earphone. I have a new computer (Acer E5621A) with Vista Home Prem X64. I tried to set up the dongle using BlueSoleil for X64 (latest ver.). It installed...
April 23rd 09 07:04 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
3 273
how to create an alternate keyboard layout by Jeff[_17_]
This is in the context of the international keyboard feature, which places an icon in the notification area, and you can select between keyboards for multiple languages, and each language can have more than one keyboard layout. I've been poking around in the WDK, but I haven't found anything that gives me a clue as to how to add a new keyboard layout to this arrangement. Does anybody know...
April 23rd 09 08:01 PM
by Jeff[_17_] Go to last post
2 245
Fault bucket 0xD1_RTL8187B+be06, type 0 by ty43
Can anyone assit me with this dreaded BSOD?
April 23rd 09 10:46 PM
by ty43 Go to last post
2 219
DDR2 Ram Confusion!!!! Help!!! by Gudziel
Hey gurus, Here is a quick question: I currently own 8GB's of 'Newegg.com - OCZ NVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory' (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227377). I am thinking about buying 4x2Gb of 'Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM...
April 24th 09 12:01 AM
by peter Go to last post
1 305
Vertical scrolling...jumps rather than smooth scrolling - Excel 20 by Miller Man
I am on Office 2007 / Windows Vista and use a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0. I have the latest version of Intellpoint 6.1. In Excel only, when I scroll vertically, it jumps down 17 lines rather than a smooth vertical scroll. This worked before I upgraded to Vista RTM, but I can't seem to find any options in Intellipoint to adjust this. The smooth vertical scrolling works fine in...
April 24th 09 02:06 AM
by evilmell Go to last post
4 310
MS Wireless Desktop 8000 - Vista 64 sleep by renenielsen
I am running a Vista Ultimate 64-bit O/S on current hardware with the latest patches. I use Vista's hybrid sleep to put my system down during breaks so I can quickly recover to my working environment. This works great...at least until this week. This week I added the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 8000 BlueTooth keyboard/mouse combo to my setup. As soon as I did this I notice that when I hit...
April 24th 09 02:27 AM
by renenielsen Go to last post
0 295
And now I cant install Vista x64! by Roost
First thing, hello, Im new here cos I've been having some problems with my Vista Ultimate, I installed it 1 and half months ago without any problem but yesterday I was checking my 17 Gbs partition without enough space (where vista is installed) so I usea a partition software to delete another one and use that space in my vista partition, before I delete the other partition, this software warn me...
April 24th 09 08:43 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 325
Drive permissions by mb40sr
I'm trying to change permissions for a pocket media drive (HP), which is considered a internal hard drive, and I'm a little confused about how to do it. What I'm trying to do is mapp the drive so that my other computer can use it to back up to. Everytime I try to change the permissions i get this error telling me access is denied. I am using Vista (64). Two of the 4 PC's are using XP. Can...
April 24th 09 02:00 PM
by mb40sr Go to last post
0 315
Is there a way to install Vista on an old PC that has no DVD drives? by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old Dell Dimension 8250 test PC that I would like to install Vista onto. However, it has no DVD drives. I cannot even boot from external USB drives (3.5" disk drive, external HDDs, and DVD burner drive -- CMOS doesn't see them and found out PC doesn't support bootable USB devices). However, I do have enough HDD space (30 GB free on second partition) to copy Vista DVD (or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 09 06:25 PM
by Ant Go to last post
28 978
DMA Mode Problem With IDE Device in Vista by Barbara
Our device stopped working in dma mode in vista. This is our own device, and we only did SCSI pass through commands to it. Under vista, these scsi pass through commands only happen in PIO modes, not dma modes. In the device manager the box is checked to use dma, and the device manager properly reports the device as being in UDMA mode 2. However all transfers happen in PIO mode which is...
April 24th 09 08:38 PM
by Barbara Go to last post
0 310
Battery life: CD vs. HD vs. External HD by BrianB
I'm going to be sitting on an airplane for too many hours. I'd like to watch some videos on the laptop and am wondering the best way to maximize battery life. Which uses the least power? - Playing the DVD in the DVD drive - Ripping the DVD to the hard drive and playing it from there (if I have enough free disk space) - Ripping the DVD to an external hard drive and playing it from there -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 09 10:49 PM
by BrianB[_2_] Go to last post
16 584
X64_0xD1_Rtlh64+12f61,type0 by staci
bluescreen error message, any help/
April 25th 09 03:45 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 310
IVT BlueSoleil Driver for Vista 64 by tasaholic
Been through hell trying to solve the issue of BlueSoleil and Vista 64 bit....finally found a solution by using the old v5.0.5 (64bit). Could not get much success with new drivers from Manufacturer. Works perfectly....just cannot get rid of the "bluetooth places "icon on the desktop.Still....it works!!!:shock: -- tasaholic
April 25th 09 08:47 AM
by tasaholic Go to last post

From The