Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Incorrect Brandband Setup for Verizon FiOS by JB
I just upgraded to Vista Ultimate, and durting the setup of my Verizon FiOS connection, the wizard prompted me for a PPPOE account that requires an account name and password. FiOS does not require that; it is a straight, hot internet connection. How do I get this configured correctly?
February 22nd 07 02:12 PM
by Top Go to last post
6 182
Windows installation has encountered an error and needs to be restarted. by Jaycee
I have performed a fresh install of XP and now I'm trying to upgrade it to Vista Ultimate. After I enter the product key it states "Windows installation has encountered an error and needs to be restarted." Any suggestions on how to get past this error? Thanks.
February 22nd 07 01:21 PM
by Jaycee Go to last post
0 187
Question and Installation Troubles by sevac
So I purchased Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade Edition and attempted to upgrade it keeping my files and stuff. However, it has been on installing features and updates for about 10 hours now, so I highly doubt something is right. I started it yesterday at 4PM and it took to about 7:30 or 8PM to get to the Installing features and updates part, which is when I left it last night. I came back...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 22nd 07 01:12 PM
by sevac Go to last post
27 387
February 22nd 07 12:43 PM
by stine Go to last post
0 189
Winndows installer by Barry
After installing Windows home premium, I still have a few issues over that I then installed Firefox, as I like to use this browser sometimes for specific reasons. It appeared to install okay and then something went wrong, I can't remember what it was so that I proceeded to uninstall it. Ever since then every time I try and install something I get the message telling me that the previous...
February 22nd 07 12:37 PM
by Barry Go to last post
0 190
multiple accounts? by tiffers
My bro bought vista for his pc and mine, so why can't we both share a product key? I went to buy an additional license and it says, "coming soon". It says it will shut down windows in 11 days if not activated. Help!
February 22nd 07 12:03 PM
by Harald Andersen Go to last post
2 170
Black Screen? by benduker
One day while using my Vista Ultimate os, a BSOD popped up, and after it dumped my memory and restarted, I found the OS would not boot, I continually got the error "No Operating System Found", so I inserted the Vista Dvd, and used the repair function, which made that error message go away, and Vista booted and got past the Vista logo screen, but after that, the screen goes black except for...
February 22nd 07 11:49 AM
by Rick Ransier Go to last post
4 223
how many activations? by Mark
I upgrade my computer usually 2-3 times a year. I installed Vista Ultimate recently and I had a tragic event and just about killed the machine. So, I have had to rebuild the machine (Motherboard, CPU, ram and hard disk are being replaced) I am keeping the same video cards, monitor, case, power supply, dvd burner, etc etc. Since I am changing the underlying components no doubt I will be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 07 10:51 AM
by quakechick Go to last post
11 272
Help!!Vista Instalation Failed after my computer Restarted. by Albert
Hi, Just today i purchused a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade Academic,I choose Custom Instalation, everything was doing well until my computer restarted,displaying this: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Duckernator/DSC00807.jpg So i restarted my computer to see if that would fix it but it didnt, i've tried using the Windos XP disk to format my hard drive except it wouldnt...
February 22nd 07 10:36 AM
by quakechick Go to last post
2 184
HELP!! Having problems installing Vista Home Premium Upgrade by spidross
Well being the glutten for punishment that i am and not being able to resist new things i just bought myself a copy of windows vista home premium upgrade. I tried to install and all went really well until it said completing installation. It got to about 30% and then a dreaded blue screen crash!! The computer rebooted and the vista installation informed me that it had failed the installation...
February 22nd 07 10:31 AM
by quakechick Go to last post
6 208
Anti virus by Denise
I'm trying to install CA Anti-Virus 2007, but during downloading it stops and a messages appears saying "Error E9009:Unsupported operation system-Windows Vista".
February 22nd 07 10:28 AM
by vasu Go to last post
3 217
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe RAID (ICH5R) working? by Andi
Hello folks, did anybody got the Intel-RAID (ICH5R) working with Asus P4C800-E Deluxe (in Vista32)? How did you do that? Bye, duffy6
February 22nd 07 09:07 AM
by Hugh Jass Go to last post
1 150
Applications list that works with Vista by vasu
Please check this for Applications that have earned the "Certified for Windows Vista" logo or the "Works with Windows Vista" logo http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/933305
February 22nd 07 06:32 AM
by vasu Go to last post
0 164
upgrade to 32bit now, 64 bit later? by VonLeuschner
I am running Windows XP Professional and recently bought the Home Premium version of Vista. I have ordered the 64 bit DVD, which they well could take up to 4 weeks to be delivered. My question is, can I upgrate to Vista 32bit now, and when the 64bit DVD arrives, do a clean install to that operating system? All on the same license (because its the same computer) ?? Thanks
February 22nd 07 06:22 AM
by Proudmale Go to last post
1 167
Unable to install Vista Home Premium by blade0r
Hi guys, I'm experiencing some major problems with Windows Vista. I bought an upgrade DVD, so, basically, I have 3 ways to install the new OS: 1) upgrading the existing Windows XP installation (the worst solution, in my opinion), 2) running the upgrade DVD under the legacy OS (e.g. executing the installation under Windows XP, but on a different partition), and 3) using the Dailytech trick to...
February 22nd 07 05:41 AM
by blade0r Go to last post
0 195
Program installation blocked, say's I don't have admin. rights, but I doooo. by qq
When a program won't install because you get a message you need admin. rights, and you already have them, how do you get around it. thanks qq
February 22nd 07 02:46 AM
by Rich Elgin Go to last post
1 204
Vista Ultimate x32 (4 gig limit) by Jonathan Hall
All, I have 4 gigs of ram (system bios sees it) but Vistax32 only sees 3. In scanning MS articles it appears I need to throw in a switch /PAE into my boot.ini file to make Vista see all 4 gigs. Unfortunately, I can't find this file anywhere. Did the MS gods change how this is done? Have the hidden the file?
February 22nd 07 02:31 AM
by ohaya Go to last post
1 198
Vista backup to network - NAS device by Bruce Wilkinson
Does anyone know how to backup to a network shared location on a NAS? In this case it's a NetCenter. The backup won't run using the GUID backup facility. It fails to connect. I want to try initiate it using the command line, but can't find a way to get parameters to start it with. Bruce
February 22nd 07 02:30 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 164
PLEASE ADVISE - Installation taking 12 hours.... by Desertwoman
and I'm only on 19% of expanding files, disc 4. I have a core 2, 1gig of memory, so this shouldn't be a problem. Can anyone help me????? TIA, DW
February 22nd 07 01:58 AM
by Brian_GP1200R Go to last post
8 182
RC2 to Windows Vista Home Premium - HELP!!!!!! by taylor
So here is my problem and I REALLY need some help with this one, here goes: I installed the RC2 about 6 months ago or whenever it came out. I was fine with it and it worked great. I knew I would have to have the Windows XP installed inorder to get the Upgrade version of Vista so I attempted to Re-install Windows XP only to have Windows XP NOT be able to, it said something to the effect of...
February 22nd 07 01:31 AM
by taylor Go to last post

From The