Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Widows Vista 32bit - error installing Canon PIXMA iP4000 by tuttoleo.it
I know that Vista has pre-installed the driver for the printer in object, but when I try to install on my Windows Vista Business 32bit (using USB port) it was generate an error like this: Unable to find the main driver package necessary for the package printer driver In italian the error is: Impossibile trovare il pacchetto driver principale necessario per il pacchetto driver della stampante
January 14th 08 10:24 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 289
Drivers won't install by Speedracer
Still trying to get my HP 895 Cxi printer working. I have looked at other posts but my problem is different. I tried installing a different printer (Canon Pixma 6600) The computer recognizes it and begins installation of the driver but before it completes the task the same error comes up as with the HP " encountered an error". So I went into the control panel and manually selected various...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 08 10:10 PM
by Speedracer Go to last post
18 419
Printing takes forever by Grant
Hi all, got a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I'm running Vista Home Premium and have just installed a Canon LBP5000 Colour Laser. It works okay but printing anything takes forever... A colour picture can take up to 5mins to print and a simple paragraph in black on a single sheet will take 2 to 3 minutes. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the printer software/drives but no...
January 13th 08 08:48 PM
by Grant Go to last post
5 305
It wont let me install the printer? by Mairry1
I am trying to install a HP all-in-one series printer but it just pops up telling me that I dont have administrator privilages. I am the only one who uses this computer, as it is mine. How do I fix this problem? I need to print today.
January 13th 08 05:49 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 228
Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer by Abe Klagsbrun
This is regarding Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and an Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer. This is an expensive printer and only a year old. I bought Vista mainly because I thought my peripherals would be supported. The Epson web site says that my printer is supported "out-of-the-box." See the following...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 13th 08 03:27 PM
by alstein Go to last post
20 863
"Print spooler stopped" Vista Ultimate/HP LaserJet 2840 help? by JStar
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate in my new business. I have new Vista certified computers that I built. everything is working well, except the print spooler. I cannot get the print spooler to stay started no matter how I set it under "services." I'm using an HP LaserJet 2840 All-in-one printer with all the Windows Vista drivers and firmware installed. HP says that the printer is compatible....
January 13th 08 04:47 AM
by JStar Go to last post
0 373
Hewlett Packard hp psc 2410 by Steve Whem
Anybody know of any drivers I can use in Vista so that I can scan as well as print with my HP PSC 2410 ? -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
January 12th 08 09:55 PM
by quincyjones Go to last post
2 501
HP Scanjet 7400c Install on VISTA by Tom[_9_]
Am successfully running this scanner on XP-Pro using USB connection. Attempted to move scanner to my new VISTA Home Premium computer. Installed the "basic" driver from HP for VISTA. Plugged in the scanner. VISTA found the device and successfully installed the driver without any incident. Then installed the HP PrecisionScan Pro software. The same release levels as using on XP-Pro. Software...
January 12th 08 09:29 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 310
HP 895Cxi - driver won't install by Speedracer
I have a HP 895Cxi plugged in to a USB port. The control panel recognises it under "other" in the device list and says it is working properly. However the driver will not install either from Vista internally or with the driver from the disc it came with. Even when I do the search on the web and try to install, the same message always comes up "a problem has been encountered" I am posting...
January 11th 08 03:16 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
5 272
Shared passwords not are stored by SAM S.L
Hi! I have two vista home premium, one with hp psc1300. I have created two users in each machine ... the default user for operate and other, named "remote" with password "1234" to acces the shared files and printers. In the network exists 2 pc with vista, two laptops with xp, one iphone and three pocketpc The printer operates perfecty (scan and print) in the local cpu, but the other cpu...
January 11th 08 10:00 AM
by SAM S.L Go to last post
0 215
Epson 4990 stopped working. by chas638
I just bought a Western Digital 1TB World Edition netwok drive. After I connected the drive and installed Mionet WD software on my Vista, I can no longer use my Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner. The computer states it's available and working fine but when I try to open it I get an error that it can't be started. It has been working fine for over a year with Vista and if I switch OS to XP...
January 11th 08 05:11 AM
by chas638 Go to last post
0 232
i press print and nothing happens by lou
i have vista on a laptop and a hp deskjet printer. i have been able to print but now its stopped working. i press print, it sends the print job but then thats all that happens. i haven't changed any settings. don't know why its stopped working
January 11th 08 12:57 AM
by kitten Go to last post
2 238
Network printing by Van Tha Man
I have a network with a server running Windows 2000 Server. This server has a network printer attached. On my new Windows Vista (Business Edition)PC Sometimes I can connect to the printer, sometimes not. Ditto for the shared drive off the server. Usually I can power down the Vista PC and when I bring it back up and log in, everything is ok with the printer, it takes a while longer...
January 10th 08 09:41 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 223
Questions by BarbaraB
How can I see questions in date order? I'm seeing questions as far back as 2/07 and have to scroll down to find any newer questions (2008). There does not appear to be an option to display the questions in date order. -- MSOffice 2007
January 10th 08 09:35 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
I recently purchased a new laptop (HPdv6600) which came with Vista ultimate x64 loaded. I use this in a home network with the main computer running xp pro. I have two printers hooked to this desktop ( HP 722c and Epson R320). The laptop is hooked into the network via wireless. It recognizes both printers on the desktop but always tells me it can not locate the drivers and offers you a...
January 10th 08 04:51 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 175
Fax answering phone by Doreen
I am getting so tired of this problem. I am running home basic and the computer keeps thinking it is a fax machine and answers my phone. If I don't pick it up on the first ring, the caller and I hear the sound of a fax machine. Very hard on the ears and also makes us miss alot of calls and has alot of people angry because they can't get through. We don't seem to have this problem when we...
January 10th 08 10:07 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 224
printing labels by amanda
How can i print on Avery J8163 labels correctly?
January 10th 08 03:10 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 218
Setting up a wireless network for a shared printer by Wanda Lee
I am trying to set up a shared network for a printer so my daughter can use it from her wireless laptop. Can anyone help me with the steps? My desktop is already connected to the printer.
January 10th 08 02:21 AM
by Malke Go to last post
3 279
Printer cannot read registry key? by Seamus Halford.
Dell AIO 926 Printer (Windows Vista Ult-Dell Inspiron 9400) Printer has stopped working. In event viewer found message - "The print spooler failed to open an existing printer because it could not read the configuration information from the registry key S-1-5-18\Printers\Connections. The print spooler could not open the registry key. This can occur if the registry key is corrupt or...
January 9th 08 10:19 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 294
Deleted Fax from Printers. Help!!! by MagnumHandy
I had some problems with printing to the Vista Ultimate (32 bit) Fax, so I deleted the fax icon from the printer menu in the control panel. I cannot add it now. I get this error message: " The printer corresponding to the selected acct. is not existing. Fax printer is required to render the fax content. Click yes to add the printer now...." I click yes and it gives me this message: "could...
January 9th 08 03:54 PM
by MagnumHandy[_4_] Go to last post

From The