Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Epson Stylus CX8400 All-In-One Printer by James
If you own a Epson CX8400 I have a few questions. In the Print Preferences Window: 1. Do you have Print Preview that allows you to select which pages are printed and cancel the pages you do not want printed? 2. Do you have the ability to select double sided printing -- print all the odd pages and then print all the even pages?
January 5th 08 03:44 PM
by Judy Booth Go to last post
8 318
HP 2410xi by Susan
I have Vista operating with the 2410, all in one printer and its working except for the scanner. Have reloaded software, visitied both web sites that I could not find an answer. I can print, fax and copy but cannot scan. Any answers?
January 5th 08 03:24 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 248
Print copies with wireless print server. by Patrick C
I have a Netgear wireless print server connected to a Brother MFC240c printer seems to print fine single copies but when I want more than one and specify them in the printer popup menu it still prints only one copy. Is there some buffer setting I should have set? Is the copies a function of the printer? Thanks in advance, Pat.
January 5th 08 11:11 AM
by Patrick C Go to last post
0 223
Printing PDF to a Samba 3.0 printer by Man-wai Chang ToDie
Is there some changes to smb.conf needed when using Vi$ta to print a PDF to a samba 3.x printer? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.12 ^ ^ 10:59:01 up 8 days 1:30 1 user load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00 ºî ´©...
January 5th 08 12:43 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 219
Dell Photo All-In-One 924 Printer by VN
Hopefully, someone can help me. I have upgraded my Dell PC to Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium. As a result, I had to reinstall all my programs, including the printer. After several attempts to uninstall and reinstall the printer, I finally got it to actually print. However, it is not allowing me to scan documents or copy them. Does anyone know how I can achieve this? My roomate and I...
January 5th 08 12:24 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 196
Vista (x64) printing thru Windows 2003 SBS (x32) by Web[_2_]
Hello all, I am a bit flummoxed (my new word for the day...). I have a Vista Ultimate x-64 client on a Windows 2003 SBS (x32) domain. For the life of my, I cannot get printing (through shared printers on the server) working from my client. Any ideas/help would be appreciated. - Web
January 5th 08 12:12 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 245
Works Spreadsheet stops working by Bugster
I have a gateway laptop, Vista Premium and an HP Deskjet printer. When I attempt to print my works spreadsheet, I get an error message "Microsoft Works has stopped working". Can someone help me to relieve this problem? Thanks in advance.
January 4th 08 07:46 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 173
Vista Compatible Fax program by Carol
I used to use Winfax Pro with Windows XP to send/receive faxes directly to/from my computer. This saved time and cut down on my paper usage. Now with Vista, I am unale to fax to/from the computer. I must print a hard copy, scan, then fax. A waste of paper and time. Any answers/suggestions out there? I tried Black Ice. Their telephone people claim faxing is "beyond the scope of their...
January 4th 08 06:46 PM
by Serge Holibert Go to last post
3 227
Vista Spooler subsystem not working by djsellin
I have about 5 PC's running Vista. I've had many Vista printing problems but eventually got the correct drivers loaded and haven't had any problems till today. One laptop started getting the Spooler subsystem not working. I deleted all the printers, reloaded the HP LJ2015 Vista driver from HP and can't get the spooler to stay up. I can print one job before it crashes. I found one post in...
January 4th 08 06:37 PM
by djsellin Go to last post
2 165
Printing task list from windows calendar by falcon
You can print a day, week or month from your calendar, but I am unable to find out how to print the task list out. Any ideas?
January 4th 08 05:34 AM
by falcon Go to last post
0 153
Communication Error when scanning on HP C4280 AIO by pbartell
Running HP m8200n computer, Vista Home Premium, when using HP Photosmart software to scan, a communication error shuts down the application, then goes to HP's web site to find a solution...there is a laugher. I've spent hours chatting online with HP support unloading, reloading, rebooting, etc. All to no avail. MS Paint scanning works fine using the same AOI scanner. AOI prints fine,...
January 4th 08 02:08 AM
by Robnific Go to last post
2 239
HP officeJet G85 Scanner not connected by BZM
I have Vista Home Premium - also has Norton installed Have a HP OfficeJet G85 connected. Printer works Ok (in so much as I can print) However scanner does not connect HP web site states that G85 has all drivers built in. HP state just open up say Paint or Photo gallery and import from scanner. However when try and connect all I get is error stating Unable to retrieve image from device. Verify...
January 3rd 08 10:31 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 185
Printer Sharing From Vista x64 To XP x86 by RichardR
Hello all. I would like to thank you in advance for any answers that are given in this thread. I am an MCSE and would consider myself pretty savy overall, but this particular problem (which exists in my home network) has me frustrated. I have a PC running Vista Ultimate x64. Attached to that PC (via USB) is a HP Photosmart C3180. My wife's laptop is running XP Professional x86. I am trying to...
January 3rd 08 06:18 PM
by Judy Booth Go to last post
4 212
Printer compatibility issue by katewilkey
I have Vista Home Premium and an HP Business 1000 inkjet printer. When I try to print a page with text, photos, lines and filled boxes, the lines and filled boxes don't print. The result is the same whether I'm printing from my dtp program (Pagemaker) or Word. Using an identical printer and the same software on my husband's computer, it works perfectly. The only difference is that he's using...
January 3rd 08 01:11 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 204
Printing 4 different pictures using Windows Photo Gallery (Vista): by JP
I'm able to print four 3.5 x 5 pictures on a single paper using Windows Photo Gallery. The problem is all four pictures are from the same photo. I want to print four equally sized photos on a single paper in Vista. How do I do it?
January 2nd 08 11:50 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 181
Hp LaserJet Printer, 1300 series by RethDakair
I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bits, french version. The printer is still working fine on computer with Windows XP when I plug it in their USB port. The printer is listed in Peripheral manager (IEEE 1284.4, HP LaserJet serie 1300 (DOT4USB)) but not in "printers" folder. I tried to uninstall / reinstall USB bus drivers, (same version that is on Vista DVD) no success. Tried to take...
January 2nd 08 09:56 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
2 172
Phone Numbers Missing when using Fax and Scan by rudysm
When using Fax and Scan program in Vista Ultimate, the contact list (when selecting a new fax) does not show the fax numbers available, only email addresses. I recently added a new harddrive and reinstalled Ultimate, but no changes other than the hd swap were done, I remember prior to the change the fax numbers would show in my contact list, but now they do not. Any ideas? Thanks, Rudy
January 2nd 08 08:50 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
7 261
Can't print by PA Bear
Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan newsgroup via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/ BuzzLightyear wrote: Hi,
January 2nd 08 05:05 PM
by Zee Go to last post
1 2
HP Officejet 4215xi AllInOne w/ Vista by Lee[_6_]
Hi- Can anyone assist me w/ installing my HP Officejet 4215xi ? I am unable to do anything but literally instert the disc. (I have a new Toshiba A215-S7444 laptop, if it make a diff.???) I keep getting the message that my Hp is not compatible w/ Vista. I have gone to HP and found the upgrade but for sometime now it will not allow me to get past the language selection to actually download......
January 2nd 08 12:01 AM
by Lee[_6_] Go to last post
0 179
Can't edit scanjet doc's in Vista by Burgandy
I have an HP Scanjet 5470c and used it no problems til I got my new Acer Laptop with Vista. Now it says "not compatible". I have learned to get around it somewhat by not using the buttons in the scanner but I am not able to edit what I've scanned. I get cross hairs instead of curser as if it were read only. If I can't edit my scanner is of not use to me. Has anyone else had this problem?...
January 1st 08 10:50 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post

From The