Threads in Forum : Security and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Access to Terminal Via Remote Destop at Windows Vista by jn2freedom
In Vista plateform, I discovered that my username is registering in my register Key at HKCU and somehow someone could exploit this information too easy by collect these registres with all specified detail into this server. \\HKCU\Microsoft\Terminal\ Server Client....
April 16th 07 06:42 PM
by jn2freedom Go to last post
0 220
Joost by CJ Rom
I applied to beta test Joost when I had Windows XP. Finally got the email to set this up but I have VISTA now. Does anyone know anything about Joost? Not sure if it's safe to install or not.
April 16th 07 04:34 PM
by PTravel Go to last post
3 380
installed NIS 2007 on vista laptop, now I cannot connect to the internet by [email protected]
when I uninstall nis2007, I'm fine. reinstall, and I cannot access the internet again. I cannot find any settings. Once the laptop does the post-NIS2007 live update (from the trial that came with the new laptop) then I cannot access the internet. Has anyone else experienced this Rich
April 16th 07 03:37 PM
by Kirk Go to last post
4 258
Java Programming Problem by Death_Delver_Grim
I have administration privilages on my computer but when ever I try to save a java file off of NotePad into my C:\ drive or any of their sub folders except my documents, I get a message box saying I dont have permission to save the file in that place and to contact my administrator. I just got vista so I don't know much about how to work it yet.
April 16th 07 01:37 PM
by Alun Harford Go to last post
2 217
PDH library can not be accessed through Vista 64 bit . by bhadra
Hi , I was trying to get processor related information through PDH library . This works well on all platform but in Vista 64 bit , I have some problem . Here is my code : =============== Sample.java =============== class Sample
April 16th 07 01:05 PM
by bhadra Go to last post
0 283
Windows Defender new version by neverforget
I have Vista Ultimate and Live OneCare, with Windows Defender v. 1.1.1505. Windows Defender does not show up in Uninstall Programs. Can I download and install the newer version of Windows Defender over the current one without uninstalling the current one? (I searched for responses to similar questions, but did not find anything pertinent.) Thanks,
April 15th 07 06:04 PM
by Mamarec Go to last post
6 250
Unable to create an Event Log entry by Joe
I am attempting to make an event log entry, but get the following exception: System.Security.SecurityException: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. The code is: if (!EventLog.SourceExists("VCS 2005 Recipes")) { EventLog.CreateEventSource("VCS 2005 Recipes", "Application"); }
April 15th 07 04:08 AM
by Joe Go to last post
0 185
Firewall reminder by Jim Easton
Everytime I boot, i get the reminder that my windows firewall is off. I then exit the security center. Is there any way to permanently turn off the security center reminders or keep it off the tool bar? Thank you Jim
April 14th 07 06:25 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
2 210
my space opening by liquidmel80
hey on my friends myspace page, when i try and click on their pics or blog or any like from their main page pr goes to this website http://www.dsadsaddd.br.gd/ and says unable to open. Is this because I have vista? Does anyone know why it does this?
April 14th 07 08:24 AM
by Jeff The Tall Go to last post
2 266
Secure Desktop question by Keith Patrick
When my UAC prompt displays on the darkened Secure Desktop, I somehow have the handwriting toolbar sitting at the top of the desktop (it's not on the User Desktop). What I'm wondering is, does this open up the ability for someone to put another toolbar on the Secure Desktop that can spawn spoofed windows? I would think that the SD will only show OS windows, and while the handwriting toolbar...
April 13th 07 08:26 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
2 211
UAC in Conrtol Panel not working by JR Baas
I just got done loading all the software on my computer with UAC turned off. When I went back to control Panel, User Accounts, User Accounts, Turn User Account Control On or Off and tried to turn it back on, it would not work. Before I was getting the message to reboot the computer after I changed the setting. Now it acts like the code in that window is not being run. If I check the box, choose...
April 13th 07 12:14 PM
by JR Baas Go to last post
2 202
Limiting Shadow Copies? by Scott Adams
I am very uncomfortable having all my files with "previous versions" stored all over my PC in backups. Can this me limited or turned off? Best, Scott Adams
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 13th 07 10:34 AM
by jimmuh Go to last post
10 318
change file name in system32 by hjkim
I wanna change a file name(.dll) in system32. But it doesn't work 'cause I have no authority nevertheless administrator account. In vista, it's so hard to program somethings OTL... Are there some methods that change a file name? or change the information bound the file(dll) in the registry editor? hjkim
April 13th 07 05:58 AM
by Hayman Ezzeldin Go to last post
1 222
Where is secpol.msc? by Paul Lambert
I'm doing some experimenting with a Vista system and I've come across some more in depth documentation of UAC which explains some expanded configuration options. To get to these options, it says to run the secpol.msc from the run prompt. When i do this, I am informed that said file doesn't exist, and sure enough searches turn up nothing. Are some of the microsoft console items not available...
April 13th 07 04:33 AM
by Rock Go to last post
7 237
Windows Defender User Interface Problem by SilveradoXD
Ever since I install Vista Ultimate, the Windows Defender has not worked. The error that I get is "Windows Defender User Interface Has Stopped Working". Google searches dont turn up anything nor did a search of about 4 different Vista newsgroups. The service is started, is running and is set at automatic. The Windows Defender problem details are below: Problem signature
April 13th 07 12:08 AM
by SilveradoXD Go to last post
0 200
Windows Update not detecting new updates on Vista by RICK
My windows update feature has failed the past 2 updates to detect that critical updates were needing to be downloaded and installed. I have the misfortune of having purchased a Gateway computer and the support team there is about as useful as using gas to put out a fire! Can anyone please assist me figure out how to fix this problem? Thx Rick
April 12th 07 11:26 PM
by RICK Go to last post
0 189
EFS problems... xp pro - vista by Stoney
Hi, I encrypted some folders\files, on xp pro. But when I tried to decrypt them the encryption came off, but I still couldnt open files. I dont have permissions to move, view, copy. I took ownership of the file, gave permissions to myself but still no good. Now i've gone to vista without thinkin of this problem. so now i'm an alltogether new user, I kind of understand EFS, so I know it's...
April 12th 07 08:16 PM
by Brian Komar [MVP] Go to last post
4 201
How to kill UAC? by Nigel Molesworth
How do I make UAD FOAD? It's off, but it keeps telling me so. This has got to be the most stupid security device ever put in an OS. -- Nigel M
April 12th 07 07:34 PM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post
6 212
Security Center shows uninstalled programs by Dougbert
How do I completely remove uninstalled security-related programs so that they no longer show up in Security Center? Today I tested Windows Live OneCare, then was forced to uninstall it (because my corporate network at work requires eTrust Antivirus). But Security Center still lists OneCare, for example, in its "Show me the firewalls on this computer" list. What's worse, now I can no longer...
April 12th 07 07:10 PM
by Les Go to last post
6 190
Vista x64 secutiry by Newbie to Computes
Hiya, just wondering if any knows of a good firewall/AV for vista 64?? Tried PC-Cillin - had problems with it.... Currently using Avast but doesn't update!!! Obviously not wanting to go norton or mcafee but if i can't find anything else..... i guess there's enod but what about the firewall???
April 12th 07 05:33 PM
by Bill in Canada Go to last post

From The