Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Battlefield 2142 failed to run, what else? by Uhhsuperman
Hi, This is like the 5th forum I have been to for help. I bought a brand new computer today with windows 32bit installed and I bought a copy of battlefield 2142 to try the computer out. The computer I bought is a brand new computer designed for gaming, that is in no matter the question, and yes I have experience with gaming and didn't take their word for it when it came to hardware. What...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 1st 08 08:08 AM
by Olórin[_2_] Go to last post
14 702
Having problem on Imperium Romanum by alla
Hey, everyone I just got my game, Imperium Romanum, but everything I start the game it will tell me this: Description: A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Problem signatu Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
July 1st 08 06:13 AM
by alla Go to last post
0 308
HALO 2 --- Won't sync back up to Live placemark after OS reinstall by VKGT
Had to blast the machine and reinstall the OS....Vista Ultimate. I forgot to backup my Halo 2 (Vista) save game and had to start all over again. I get an error message between chapters that says the current save doesn't match my Live save spot. Since there is no way to "sync" them back up easily, I figured that I would play all day and catch up to where I was at and hope that they would sync back...
July 1st 08 05:24 AM
by VKGT Go to last post
0 325
screansaver activates even while using gamepad by h0rnytoad1[_8_]
hello, when playing Trackmania Nations Forever (steam version) with a Logitech Rumblepad 2, the screen saver in Vista Home Premium activates after a few minutes wich makes it impossible to continue playing until keyboard or mouse is touched. The problem doesnt happen while using the mouse and keyboard for driving. And also doesnt happen on Windows XP SP2 i'm using the drivers Logitech...
June 30th 08 05:24 PM
by h0rnytoad1[_10_] Go to last post
3 309
Error 1305 when installing Call of Duty 4 with Windows Vista by DavidinCT
Merry Christmas :-) Trying to install Call of Duty 4 on my Dell PC with Windows Vista. Getting an ERROR 1305 message. Have tried cleaning/fixing registry errors, but same message. My son is anxiously waiting for me to fix it...any ideas? Thanks!
June 30th 08 04:23 PM
by argentous Go to last post
4 381
Halo lag by Blyss
I recently installed the Vista service pack and now Halo (combat evolved) lags no matter what network settings on the game I try. Same with frame rate. Ping is normal. Any ideas on how to recover from my "upgrade"? I never had any problems at all before the update.
June 30th 08 04:12 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 301
SWAT 4 Stetchkov not running :-( by IronDuke
I'm trying to run Swat 4 Stetchkov in Vista, but the game doesnt even start when I run it. I've tried both compatibility mode and run as admin, but with no luck.... Why is this happening?
June 30th 08 04:04 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 311
SP1 breaks OpenGL apps (e.g. doom 3)? by Leonard
I've got a Sony VAIO with GeForce 7400Go. Doom 3 and my OpenGL programs run fine before Vista SP1 and crash at startup after SP1 update. I notice the nvidia driver installed is 2006/12/19, version 7.15.10.9754. Sony does not have any new driver on its website and Nvidia does not provide drivers for laptops. I'd like to know which is culprit of the break of my opengl apps, Vista SP1 or nvidia...
June 30th 08 03:54 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
6 402
DX10 to DX9 to DX10 Possible? by Tudo Bem
I upgraded a machine to Vista and was running under DX10, when a game I installed regressed the libraries and files to DX9. Is it possible to run a file and bring my Vista rig back to DX10? Thanks.
June 30th 08 03:43 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
6 327
Windows Experience Index by Uncle Nobby
Hi I have windows Vista which had 2Gb of memory. The index was 5.2, that was the memory score. I have added another 2Gb. As its a 32bit OS only 3.5 GB is detected, but when I updated my windows experience the score went down for 5.2 to 5. Shouldn't it have gone up?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 30th 08 03:27 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
11 616
COD4 Runs slow with lots of lag on Vista 32bit by krice
Machine specs: Intel Quad 2.66 Ghz 4 GB RAM Hard drive: Raid (mirror) 15gb Raptors EVGA NF780i SLI Mobo Dual Nvidia 9800GTX in SLI mode Game runs worse than my old single core XP system. I set most of the graphics lower, but with this config, I should be able to crank it up.
June 29th 08 10:50 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 289
Links 2003 by braemar39
Currently using Vista Home Prem. on Acer M1610 . Links 2003 ( golf ) runs very slow. Prev. used this software on XP , it worked great. Is there anything I can do ? Thanks
June 29th 08 05:58 PM
by Iceman Go to last post
4 318
Nascar Simracing and Vista Issue by Mark R. Slisz Jr.
Does anyone know of where i can find a patch so i can play this game on my computer? According to Nvidia...In there latest release this is a windows issue. I have no problems installing the game, but when i go to launch the game it crashes with the error " missing Cube3d.dll" i have all patches form EA's website and still wont run...Anyone with any suggestions, please email me...
June 28th 08 07:59 PM
by Mark R. Slisz Jr. Go to last post
2 282
America's Army by shaun1963
Hi, can not get game to run on vista home premium, get error message: not valid win32 application. Please help. Shaun. -- shaun1963 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
June 27th 08 10:59 PM
by shaun1963 Go to last post
0 270
accidentally erased mahjong titans by nicola
does anyone know how I obtain the .exe file again. I don't really know how I did that?? thanks
June 27th 08 04:07 PM
by The Coward Robert Ford Go to last post
2 274
High Demanding dx9 games choke in vista??? by Alienware2
Ok THE ONLY reason why i still have vista rather than having Mandriva 2008 Spring have the whole hard drive is that i need to play certain games that won't run on wine/cedega, but of course vista fails at being a gamer os as well. I am trying to run Sim City Societies, and the game fails to play past 5 minutes, because of a c++ runtime error, lock up, graphical freeze up and etc..... I...
June 27th 08 05:31 AM
by Alienware2 Go to last post
4 370
Suggestion for Microsoft---Zombies for Halo 2 for Vista (H2V) by UnknownTBeast
Microsoft needs to get making the game varient Zobmies for H2V. I am tired of n00bs coming allow messing up the game because they don't know how to play it. It needs to be made that there is 1 starting zombie (Green team) with swords only and no gun and the rest Humans on Red Team, with just a weopen and no sword. MICROSOFT, please hear my begs for this varient to be made. and name it...
June 27th 08 03:02 AM
by UnknownTBeast Go to last post
1 335
Game Trouble with Vista by Game trouble on Vista
Hi.... im having major trouble with a game i purchased in the early nineties (fragile allegiance) its always run on windows 95, nt & xp..... However, i have recently purchased a new laptop with Vista and the game will not run. i install and click the exe file and the small box appears and disappears. I have downloaded a Dosbox program that allows me to see what the problems are.... firstly i...
June 27th 08 02:18 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
3 323
Games missing from Vista Home Premium by Richard Winters
I recently purchased a laptop from Gateway, and although the Games folder is in the start menu...that folder has the icons for the games, but all the icons are the generic type, and if i click on ANY of them, i get an error message that says: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." ok, BUT I have only the...
June 25th 08 10:02 PM
by Richard Winters Go to last post
4 356
FSX problems again by valo43
Hi Sorry to be a pain again but earlier problems have returned.I installed the latest driver for Ge Force 8800GS as suggested, adjusted sliders in settings and clicked the antialiasing ect checkbox. The problem was that my copy of FSX was not as new as I was led to believe and kept informing me that it had been registered before. So off I went and bought a new copy from P C World along with...
June 25th 08 12:47 PM
by Slap Go to last post

From The