Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Appcrash by andrew.wait3859
Hi everyone I recently purchased an online version of an old classic game Risk11. Unfotunately it will not play giving me the fgollowing error message Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: RiskII.RWG Application Version: 1.0.0.1 Application Timestamp: 63732172
June 18th 08 06:10 PM
by dmex[_91_] Go to last post
1 368
Freecell by Cao Black
I stopped AND saved a game of Freecell mid-game (Vista Home Premium). When I next played, I completed that game, but now whenever I start Freecell it always opens to that saved game, even though I completed and won it. Is there a way to correct this?
June 18th 08 05:17 PM
by Cao Black[_2_] Go to last post
2 326
Freecell by Cao Black[_2_]
I stopped and saved a game of Freecell mid-game (Vista Home Premium), and then completed the game the next time I played Freecell. Now however, anytime I start Freecelll it open to that saved game, even though I completed and won it. How can I correct this?
June 18th 08 04:34 PM
by Cao Black[_2_] Go to last post
0 336
Uninstall Games from Vista by Shelcro
Can you please advise how to uninstall and reinstall a game after a faulty original installation. Thanks Shelcro
June 18th 08 08:55 AM
by Teriel9 Go to last post
2 306
Probably simple but... by rmh258
I downloaded and installed a game demo and even restarted the computer. So how do I now run the demo. There is no shortcut on the desktop and nothing in the programs list. I am sure the answer is simple but it illudes me. help help help. -- rmh258
June 18th 08 04:18 AM
by Brink Go to last post
3 290
games clawling not running by rmh258
My new computer isn't running "world in conflict" and another demo. They are almost crawling. It has vista premium home, intel core 2 quad cpu q6600 2.4ghz, 3.0g ram, and a geforce 9600gt. What am I doing wrong? -- rmh258
June 18th 08 03:57 AM
by rmh258 Go to last post
0 281
Sims 2 Windows Vista Won't Work by knudson42133
My Sims 2 game will not work. When I first used it it told me I needed a patch from the maxis website, so I downloaded it. When I start the game now it freezes at the beginning where it says Sims 2. My computer is a Gateway with Windows Home Vista Premium. It has a AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz Memory RAM 1919 MB 32 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce 6150SE video...
June 18th 08 01:25 AM
by HoboHunter Go to last post
1 276
Rock Steady NVIDIA Driver by Frenchy
I have a NVIDIA 8800GTX card and have always upgraded whenever a new driver was made available. Stayed clear of Beta drivers for any hardware unless forced to. Running Vista Ultimate 32 Bit I have had for some months, an inability to open the NVIDIA Control panel but as everything was running fine, I didn't worry. Decided the time was right to fix this glitch. NVIDIA Support was...
June 17th 08 05:43 PM
by VRG Scotty©[_2_] Go to last post
2 324
World of Warcraft & audiodg by Kphrogg
I recently reinstalled World of Warcraft after about a six month hiatus. When I had last played it, it worked fine on my computer. Now, every 5-30 minutes, the frame rate plummets, and the game becomes completely unplayable for 2-5 minutes. Using Process Explorer, I discovered that during this slow downs, audiodg.exe is using up to 98% of the CPU! As such, I suspect that it is the...
June 17th 08 05:34 AM
by Kphrogg Go to last post
2 273
OpenGL ver1.2 by Zagnal
im trying to play a game, but one of the requirements include that i install OpenGL ver1.2,but where do ido that?
June 16th 08 08:42 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 340
BF2 Blue Screen of Death by mrpiddly
When ever I play Battlefield 2 online, after about 5 minutes of play the game will freeze for about two seconds and then the blue screen of death will appear telling me to restart the computer. I play using the highest graphics levels and some other custom settings that I turned on in the nvidia control panel. Changing or disabling any of these settings does not solve this problem. This...
June 16th 08 08:28 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 331
Computer keeps freezing during pretty much all full screen games. by aznfata1ity
Right now I am running Vista Home Premium with 2048mb system memory, and AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual-Core Processor4400+ with resolution set at 1680 x 1050. However recently whenever I play any full screen game, from Unreal Tournament 2004 - Bejeweled 2 in full screen mode after a few minutes it crashes, with me not being able to do anything at all. This results in me having to hold down the...
June 16th 08 06:19 PM
by Oti Go to last post
3 365
My Computer Freezes When I'm Playing A Game by Xontron
My Computer Freezes When I'm Playing A Game plz can someone help .
June 15th 08 06:05 PM
by Xontron Go to last post
0 329
Vista Games by Dror
Just bought a new laptop with Vista Business Edition and the Games folder is empty. Where can I download these games that suppose to come free with Vista?
June 14th 08 11:49 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 315
unable to install nvidia driver by t-4-2[_98_]
Hello everyone, I am trying to install nvidia driver (R180763) 53 MB, which applies to GeForce 8400M and GS. I had it downloaded to my desktop, unzipped it with 7ZIP, and ran it. I was told to create a folder C:\Dell\Drivers\R180763, clicked yes, and it said it's unable to create the folder.( See screenshot link ) 'ImageGrotto: Free Image and Screenshot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 14th 08 08:55 PM
by Brink Go to last post
14 677
COD4 problem by Salahuddin
Hi guys, for some reason, COD4 lags extremly on my laptop even though I have 2 GB ram and a GeForce 8400 GS graphic card and run Sins of a Solar Empire and Medieval 2 Total war on almost all High Graphics. Thanks. -- Salahuddin
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 13th 08 08:10 PM
by Salahuddin Go to last post
13 636
Security icon added to some game icons? by The Coward Robert Ford
I noticed that on a couple of games Vista adds a security icon to the bottom right corner of the shortcut icon. What's the purposes of that? To let me know I have to run the game in admin mode or what? One game that had the security icon had it removed after applying a game patch to it.
June 13th 08 05:10 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 302
Neverwinter Nights 2 Installation by Captain Picard
Hello, I keep having this problem with Neverwinter Nights 2. After a fresh install, I run the auto update program and it downloads and installs the patches. However, the patcher aborts because it encounters an "incorrect version of the file" for random files located in the install. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times, and the files that the patcher aborts on vary from install...
June 13th 08 05:43 AM
by Xenomorph Go to last post
1 288
Emachines Games Console for Vista by afgr
I was playing family feud on the Games console. After I bought the family feud game.... each time i go to my 'emachines games console' there are no games displayed and there's an error message each time i open it. Can anyone help me to reboot the machine back a few days or tell me where to find or get help with this little problem. :) Thanks
June 13th 08 02:36 AM
by Hockey Guy Jason Go to last post
1 313
zoo tycoon complete collection by Barb
I just brought the complete collection of zoo tycoon, and Ive had to reinstall it each time I want to play this game, is this normal? ( havnt brought game before) also when I try to play game it goes to loading then stops and goes back to my main desktop page as if nothing has happened.?? went to zoo tycoon web page for problems and it suggested I download a tool to help run programe, did...
June 13th 08 02:35 AM
by Hockey Guy Jason Go to last post

From The