Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
e-mail info by Rich
Trying to sell something on craigslist, but it won't let me post. Says I need a bunch of info regarding my e-mail account. Not the most computer literate person..have NO idea what they're asking for. Anyone deal with that site?
May 17th 10 04:50 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 328
windows mail by fabian allen
how do you setup the email account for windows?
May 17th 10 05:22 AM
by ramin mahmoud adib Go to last post
2 358
can receive but not send email by amanda
add me to the list of people who suddenly can receive but not send any email i will paste the error message The connection to the server has failed. Subject ' If men only would..............', Account: 'mail.consolidated.net', Server: 'mail.consolidated.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0Eor message
May 17th 10 05:21 AM
by ramin mahmoud adib Go to last post
2 351
no notification of incoming mail by Maggie
when I log into my windows mail acct. I do not know if mail is coming in or not, I have to do it manually, as in send and receive all. Normally at the bottom right of my window when I log into mail, there is notification there saying "working online" "receiving mail" I no longer get this..???? can anyone help.
May 17th 10 03:51 AM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 303
WINDOWS MAIL - COPY AND PASTE by Fishman
As soon as I try to copy a link it grays out - I highlite - right click and my highlite goes away. HELP!
May 17th 10 03:30 AM
by ...winston Go to last post
4 401
discussions missing by Amanda
my page 1 of 226 posts BEGINS with questions posted 2 DAYS AGO
May 17th 10 03:26 AM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 430
can't send e-mailq by Chotanak
hey everytime I try to send email, a box pops up that says "one or more messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified". How can I correct this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 10 01:33 AM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
17 866
Cannot send mail either!!! by Sick of this email problem
Hello please see error message below. Is there a straightforward fix for this. I read the other post regarding .dll -- I am more confused. I am running Vista Home Premium, 32 bit and IE 7. This has been going on for several days. I tried to download the update mentioned KB978542 and it says "not applicable to my system", thus this is not the culprit for my system, yet same timing and...
May 16th 10 11:05 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 386
Some errors occurred by webster72n
In Windows Live Mail I am getting this message when opening: Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. There are no details! 1 of 2 tasks have completed successfully. Besides having to close the message there are no other problems. OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 32 bit.
May 16th 10 09:54 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
7 426
Reply Button by Mike[_55_]
When I want to reply to an email and it is the first email of the day that I reply to , I hit the reply button and it taking over 60 seconds for the cursor to appear in the memo area. Any suggestions what is causing this problem. Thanks -- Mike
May 16th 10 09:47 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 410
I can't send email suddenly either by tumorfarmer
My Windows email was working fine, but suddenly this afternoon, it stopped sending email. It receives email just fine. I checked out the Help section, followed all of the advice in there, and it STILL doesn't send email. I think there is a virus or glitch in the system that is hitting everyone right now. None of the normal fixes work. I clicked the "authenticate" button, checked the...
May 16th 10 09:37 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 434
windows LIVE mail by Guyguy
Sous WIN 7 avec WINDOWS LIVE lors de l'envoi de piece jointe (inf Ã* 50ko) il y a plantage de l'ordinateur (blocage clavier et souris) Obligation de rebooter et d'aller supprimer le message dans boite d'envoi pour débloquer LIVE MAil Pas de pb pour la réception de piece jointe même de 4 MO Je n'avais pas de pb sous WIN XT et outlook express Doit on augmenter la traille des messages...
May 16th 10 08:29 PM
by Frank Drew Leyda[_2_] Go to last post
3 356
Can't send e-mail by rosiet
This is the error message I receive when trying to send email, this whole thing started a few days ago. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: max sheet', Account: 'Empire', Server: 'outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I did switch the port to 587 and was able to send 1 message and got this...
May 16th 10 05:40 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
3 352
Can Receive Email, Can not Send by TBraxton
This just started today and from what I read it has just recently started with other people. Does anyone know why this just started happening and how to fix it?
May 16th 10 05:36 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
6 388
Can not send email, no messages by Steve
Since Monday I can not send messages in Windows Mail under Vista. Seems ok from my end, goes into the Outbox then it appears in the Sent items folder. Stopped MCcafee, established a new account with my IP provider, even when I send one to myself it gets sent but never arrives. I can receive ok.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 16th 10 05:35 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
16 552
Authentication Mechanism by Bonnie[_4_]
My MS Windows Mail program has stopped receiving and sending mail. No changes have been made to my operating system or computer. The error message (number 0x800CCC18) states: "ERR - An authentication mechanism MUST be entered." I am not able to access anything in "Help" to define what an "authentication mechanism" is or how what needs to be entered to resolve this issue. Can anyone help!
May 16th 10 05:33 PM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 314
deleting an email account by Linda Rebbe
I can't send or recieve amy emails from my account. how do I fix this or do I have to delete this account . and there are more thing one account how do I get rid of them if you have to get bacck to me you ahve to use
May 16th 10 04:40 PM
by No Name Go to last post
3 329
Windows Update kills Windows Mail on Windows 7 by Gary VanderMolen [MVP]
If you have installed Windows Mail on a Windows 7 computer, yesterday's update contains a KB978542 patch which changes msoe.dll so it won't run on Windows 7. I had warned about these types of issues when Win7 was first released. Microsoft claims it was done for security reasons, see http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms10-030.mspx To get it working again, replace the new...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 16th 10 12:48 AM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
18 839
e mail home page by Graham
When my wife was using Windows mail she did something and lost the box in the LH upper corner which lists the inbox, deleted items, sent items and junk mail. When we open up Windows mail the only thing that opens is the inbox. How do we get this box back so we access the above items.
May 15th 10 04:40 PM
by sherbert Go to last post
2 419
Sent Messages by leslawman
When I send messages, they seldom appear in my Sent folder. Some do and most don't. I have it set to send all sent messages to the Sent folder. Wonder what's up?
May 15th 10 12:00 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post

From The