Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
HELP WITH ERROR CODE... by ashley_watsko
same error when logon box appears. not accepting my user name and password. I have received all of my emails, but am unable to send. Account: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 -- Ashley Watsko
February 24th 09 12:58 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 340
cant sent or receive e-mail using Windows Mail by Newbolds100
Error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: 'yahoo.co.uk', Server: 'yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Tried changing server address's from yahoo.co.uk- to pop3.mail.yahoo.co.uk yahoo.co.uk - smpt.mail.yahoo.co.uk. Changed port numbers increased time out Tried YPOPS
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 09 12:51 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
12 624
cant send mail by punch
An unknown error has occurred. Subject ' Looking for more information about William Austin', Account: 'mail.tesco.net', Server: 'mail.tesco.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 aamtaout04-winn.ispmail.ntl.com connection refused from ', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 Any ideas ?????
February 24th 09 12:50 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 369
can't send attachments with windows mail by Jony
I am unable to send out any messages from windows mail. I can send mail without attachments.l It seems like they just get stuck. I get the error "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test'... Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" It was working fine about 2 weeks ago.
February 24th 09 12:37 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 314
Can't Login to Windows Mail by craigo
I'm trying to setup my yahoo.com.au account in windows mail and can't even login. Here is the error message... Account: 'Craig Yahoo', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 -- Craigo
February 24th 09 12:32 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 436
email by ellie
how can i set up new email acct when I don't know who my outgoing or incoming servers. tried taking info off old desktop but doesnt work with vista laptop
February 24th 09 12:12 AM
by mac Go to last post
2 354
can't send mail by andyr
IThe connection to the server has failed. Subject 'etc', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E have tried over and over always get the same message
February 24th 09 12:11 AM
by mac Go to last post
2 391
navigation cancelled by bettysharman
i keep getting navigaton cancelled when i try to go to pogo games
February 24th 09 12:08 AM
by No Name Go to last post
2 277
How do I turn on spell checker? by charles harrison
"John" wrote: When I click the ABC to do a spell check, I get a message like "This language is no longer available in spell checking." What's the solution? Thanks, John
February 23rd 09 11:06 PM
by charles harrison Go to last post
0 320
filters by Adam
I want to set up my 9 year old with an email. how can i make sure she doesnt receive adult content but can send email.
February 23rd 09 08:32 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
2 377
The connection to the server has failed. by Desiree
The connection to the server has failed. I keep getting this error message..I dont' how to fix it.
February 23rd 09 07:33 PM
by mac Go to last post
4 332
EMAIL error message by ddmattin
every time I open my email, I get an error message " password invalid" but am actually getting /sending messages with no problem.
February 23rd 09 06:08 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 297
cant log on by Amber Fuller
February 23rd 09 06:05 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 306
recieving mail from pop3 by jvo
Account: 'mail.mchsi.com', Server: 'mail.mchsi.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 Above is the error message I keep getting. I have followed several account properties setting with no luck... ingoing port is set at 995?? as per my mail server. any help would be appreciated.
February 23rd 09 05:41 PM
by jvo Go to last post
2 325
How do I get onto a server? by Connie Fletcher
Just bought new computer...relied on Outlook Express which I understand is now Windows Mail. It tells me to give protocol for the server, but how? What is proper script for POP and SMTP? Very frustrating!
February 23rd 09 05:21 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
3 354
Mail Send & Rec Problem by DianneS
Have been having spuractic probs with this issue and by the end of the day it seemed resolved itself. Now since 2/20/09 can't use mail acct. in Windows Mail. I have contacted my service provider and everything is right on their end. Have to go thru Hughes.net web page to send & rec my mail. Using Vista. This is the error... The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not...
February 23rd 09 05:11 PM
by DianneS Go to last post
5 584
connecting live mail to vista mail by I need help connecting live to vista mai
I cannt seem to connect my live email to the windows vista mail ( old outlook type ) I have followed the help instructions but it says pop3.live.com is not valid and the same for the out going the message shows ; The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot...
February 23rd 09 05:04 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 311
Email by John Robinson
How do I change the name that is shown on the emails I send
February 23rd 09 03:38 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 398
deletion of read email by Melody
Whenever I read an email, it automatically deletes. How do I get it to stop doing that?
February 23rd 09 03:24 PM
by mac Go to last post
1 277
e-mail by Mai[_2_]
Hej Jeg har inge E-mail og vil høre om man kan oprette en E-mail uden at havet internetudbyder kode for den har jeg ikke Kærlig hilsen mai
February 23rd 09 03:24 PM
by Mai[_2_] Go to last post

From The