Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
blocked links by jayef
I received a legitimate message with several links in it. When I put the mouse pointer on any of the links a box pops up showing the link but with "blocked:: at the beginning ("blocked::http//:www etc."). When I click on the link I get the following error box: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Creat an association in the Set Associations...
February 19th 09 09:03 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
5 398
Can't open some of my saved emails by Vern[_2_]
My emails are being saved with the extentsion: eml.%%%OECustomProperty. Vista was preinstalled on my HP PC. When I search for an email and locate it on my hard drive and try to open it, I get the usual "Windows cannot open this file." The search for for the software to open the file yields "unknown file, etc." These are all 1kB size. The search also yields files ID as "Windows Mail E-Mail...
February 19th 09 08:40 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 341
Spell check by [email protected]
How may I beable to recieve spell check on all my out going mail, document, anything I produce with my computer?
February 19th 09 07:11 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 341
Blind CC's by excel12
Hello, when I add bcc's to my outgoing mail the sent message only shows one name. Does anyone know how to fix this. It would be very useful to see all of the people's names that I have written to. Thanks so much.
February 19th 09 07:03 PM
by morefun Go to last post
3 406
Windows Mail vs Outlook by Dick McGraw
I use Windows Mail for mail and Outlook for the calendar. Both are on my desktop. Sometimes incoming mail goes to the Windows Mail and sometimes it goes to Outlook. How do I control that so that I don't have to check both mail systems? -- Dick McGraw
February 19th 09 07:02 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
2 319
Junk E Mail Dialog Box by Jim
When checkin g my junk e-mail I use to get a box that pop up and said I had junk mail. It doesn't anymore is there a way to get it back? thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 09 05:33 PM
by mac Go to last post
16 727
pdf files attached. by Domenico
I have Adobe Reader 9, but I cannot open the pdf files attached on received e-mail. The assosation for .pdf extention is correct (I checked on control panel). Someone could help me? Thanks Domenico (Italy)
February 19th 09 05:29 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 348
Outlook to Windows Email in Vista by ALT
I just moved from XP on an old machine to Vista on a new one. I have my PST file from Outlook on teh old machine. Can I some how get those old emails from Outlook into the Vista Windows email application?
February 19th 09 05:24 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 297
e-mails by mark
I tried to add e-mail accounts in windows mail. After I created this accounts I noticed mail being recieved in these accounts, but can't get to it. Only my default account mail shows. I'm with rogers and have several e-mail addresses, When I go back to rogers yahoo my mail has gone to these accounts I tried to create. Is it lost? Or is it somewhere else on the computer? -- rubber side...
February 19th 09 04:50 PM
by George Valenti[_3_] Go to last post
2 307
outgoing and ingoing servers by J Maddox
Not only am I not sure what you mean, the example was no help, but I also can not get deleted what I entered that is incorrect. Now what?
February 19th 09 04:46 PM
by V. Evans Go to last post
2 316
Uninstall by Tommy
How do I uninstall Windows mail, and other windows addon programs that are useless like this one? Says I don't have permission on my own PC? I've never had a problem like this on my Mac.
February 19th 09 12:56 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 312
All my email messages disappeared by HTML Document
Help! Today, I started Windows Mail and there was ZERO messages.. I have dozens of folders and hundreds of messages. I don't know what happened. I did a search for .eml and thankfully, they are there. But how do I get them back into my folders? I had to re-create my account and I received just current emails. How do I get all my folders and emails back to where they belong???? Please...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 09 12:09 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
15 630
keyboard errors by prj
sometimes when creating a new message the question mark key comes up as the French letter accent E, it's an E with a slash on top. It goes away if I shut down Mail and restart it. Anyone know what's going on with this?
February 19th 09 12:07 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
1 314
rss feeds etc... by stormrover
will someone post info for a feed to this site for windows live mail?
February 19th 09 08:05 AM
by stormrover Go to last post
0 324
Windows contacts is driving me crazy by mildschoch
My Windows contacts folder keeps turning into a pictures folder. It seems that every time I open it, it shows categories for "date taken," "rating," and stuff like that. When I select a contact for e-mail, it places the contact as an attachment on the e-mail, instead of on the "to" line. It is making me nuts! Can anyone help?
February 19th 09 05:16 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 354
Length of lines by clicker
How do I set the number of characters (line length), so message doesn't appear garbled to receiver? I know 60 - 65 is kind of the accepted rule for line length, but I would like to be able to use longer lines, or have a warning when I am close to acceptable length. Thank you
February 19th 09 05:03 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 295
connection type by eric
when i try to get my messages it tries to dial a connection. Problem is I don't have dial up. How can I change the way it connects to cable internet
February 19th 09 04:48 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 292
Can't send email using this format by Marty K \(female\)
Ok, how come I can send mail to you, but to noone else, using this email format? I have no problem sending mail from my yahoo or hotmail accounts, only have the problem of not being able to send mail from my original embarqmail.com account, using this format. All replies welcome.
February 19th 09 04:47 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 323
Can't Send Email, only receive by momofhope5
I suddenly can't send emails. I've read other posts and nothing works. I disabled my anti-virus; I've downloaded some microsoft thing; I have vista 32 bit. I can delete the emails which get stuck in the outbox. I can send an email to myself and receive it.... My error is this: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:...
February 19th 09 12:59 AM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
8 432
irene by irenedeschamps
"irenedeschamps" wrote in message news:...
February 19th 09 12:55 AM
by irenedeschamps Go to last post

From The